My wife and I were looking for a last minute room in the Traverse City area that was also pet friendly, and we decided on Summit Village based on the photos from the website and the cost of the room. When we arrived the women at the front desk were very nice and check-in only took a matter of minutes. We were given a room in a condo building that is seperate from the main building (if you bring your dog they are not permitted in the main building) and when we drove the car up to the condo building we could tell from the outside that the room was going to be just average. The room was decent size, but was in serious need of updating. It had outdated carpet, drapes and was just kind of tired. Also, the walls were ultra-thin, we could hear the guy above us talking on the phone, coughing and hear his TV quite clearly. The bed was comfortable however, and we had no other problems with the room. We weren't in there all that much, but from the photos on the website we were definitely expecting a little more. I will give a lot of credit to the staff, they were very helpful to us. Our dog got a very serious cut on her leg and they gave us the number and address of the local animal hospital very quickly, and we had a few other small requests that were taken care of right away. I will say that the lodge is very nice, the rates for ski rental is very fair too. Would I stay at this resort again? Yes I would, but I would definitely leave the dog at home so I could get a room in the main building. Also, the little town of Bellaire that is 2 minutes from the resort is awesome and has some great restaurants and is filled with friendly people. If you have any questions about the resort please feel free to email me! Thanks for reading.
- Also Known As:
- Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village Hotel
- Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village Hotel Bellaire
- Shanty Creek Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Host to the new $10 million Lakeview Hotel & Conference Center renovation, Summit Village offers inspiring views of Lake Bellaire, miles of untouched hardwood forests and out-the-door access to 12 skiing and snowboarding runs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.