Wanted to let you know that my husband & I checked out late last night. We have since checked into The Grand Traverse Resort & Spa.
We purchased a Groupon for your hotel. We had planned to stay for four nights.
Sunday when we arrived my husband spoke to the front desk about our upgraded room's maintenance issues. These concerns were taking care of promptly on Monday Morning.
1) Furnace Filter had not been changed since May of 2012
2) Fan in the bathroom broken
3) Hair Dryer not working (Resulted in my hair being wet for dinner in your restaurant)
4) Spa Tub would not drain. Water sat in the tub till maintenance could come the following morning.
Yesterday, we orderd room service. We left the room around noon, came back around 6pm. When we arrived back to the room. Our meals were sitting in the hallway across from our room. Six Hours later.
I called the front desk, spoke with a front desk girl ******* (actual name omitted from email) She was difficult to speak too, was the most rude ,unprofessional individual I have encountered in a long time. During our conversation she told me that WE seemed to have allot of issues with our stay, AND how did we know that was our food in the hallway? I then asked her to call the hotel manager at home ... She said SURE & HUNG UP ON ME! I called her back told her to get the tray & did not appreciate her sarcastic tone. My husband & I took a nap found THE SAME TRAY IN THE HALLWAY 3 HOURS LATER. WE CHECKED OUT @ 10 PM AT NIGHT!!! This was the ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!!!!
I have been a regional manager in the service industry for over 15 years. This is simply NOT how you do business. I want some compansation for this unbelievable experience. I also feel this young lady who is running your front desk should have repercussions to deal with Customer Service training to start with! I would love to discuss further in detail if you so choose. I have contacted Groupon about this dreadful stay.
Thank-you for your time advance!
(No management is on premises when GM goes home for the day)
This email was sent to the GM & Director of operations at this resort. NO CALL BACK FROM EITHER GENTLEMAN. Groupon However did contact me & compensated us for the terrible treatment & stay. Won't EVER do business with this resort!
GROUPON IS A STAND UP CUSTOMER SERVICE BASED COMPANY! THANK-YOU GROUPON!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Schuss Village-Shanty Creek Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuss Village-Shanty Creek Hotel Bellaire