“Family wedding” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Daniels, West Virginia
“Family wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My sister and as well as my brother and sister in lW stayed at this hotel while in the area to attend a family wedding. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, I experienced ongoing problems with the electronic key card and had to have it reprogrammed at least 3 times. The lobby of the hotel is actually up a full flight of steps from the entrance, therefor our rooms were on the third floor. There was no bell man to assist with our luggage although we were able to find one luggage cart to use to get our luggage up to our room. Unfortunately, my brother did not know this was available until after he had made 3 trips to the cars and climbed 2 flights of stairs. The breakfast was a cold continental style although an upgrade to a hot breakfast was available for a fee. We did not use the adjoining golf course which looked to be in good shape from the parking area. Help with luggage and a better selection of breakfast items would bring my review from an average to very good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the third year in a row we have had our yearly golf trip at Bay Valley. This year we had 60 guys. The resort always takes care of us, catering to our needs. Although there is only one course, it is challenging and in good shape. The accommodations are nice but a bit dated. Because of our large group, we had our own banquet room for dinner each night with a great buffet. Our lunch between rounds on Saturday was a taco bar. Right up our alley. The bar is spacious and very inexpensive. And I'm pretty sure that Bay Valley is the only resort in Michigan that sells domestic beers on the course for 2 bucks. That alone impressed me. Looking forward to returning next May. For the price it's one of the best deals around.

• Stayed May 2014
Earlville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago for a family X-mas getaway. (LONG before June 2013. More like Dec 2008 or 2009) We had so much fun. The hotel seem empty, probably because it was a golf course retreat in the dead of winter. But that was okay with us!! The rooms were spacious. I loved the private balcony. The pool was neat. It was one of those connected indoor/outdoor pools (you know, one where you can swim from the inside pool right to the outside pool) The breakfast buffet was really good. We had the BIG room with two smaller rooms connected. The room was so big that my mother in law brought a HUGE 9ft. tree and decorated it to make it feel more like X-mas. Bronner's X-mas store was a short drive. Very cool store. Old town Saginaw is such a neat little town. Loved all the carriages! Would love to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Nice hotel. We loved our stay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I read shaky reviews on this place before my first stay here last month and was quite nervous to stay.. but it turns out I the absolute best experience! I would highly recommend this place!!.. and will be staying here whenever I am in town. Last month I stayed for a couple days for a work seminar.. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and welcoming as I checked in.. When I got to my room it was a little outdated..However..it was exceptionally clean and for the price.I felt like I was getting a steal! They have a bar/restaurant located in the center of hotel in which I ate dinner at. The food was phenomenal!! Traveling so much I have ate at many restaurants... let alone hotel restaurants, and this was by far the best food I've had in the area. The server was a young girl working alone, she had a full bar plus tables and still had a smile on her face and provided great service. Needless to say, my stay was excellent..the staff even more exceptional and I will be back again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The room I was assigned to had a large amount of mold in the heater/air conditioning unit. More mold than I had ever seen before. I asked to given a different room. The heating/air unit was cleaner. The bedding was the old fashioned bedspreads. Those are not clean. The carpet had several areas cut out due to cigarette burns. The remote control was actually sticky. The coffee cups n the room were not clean.

On a positive note, the staff was amazing. Professional and polite.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

First of all rooms are in need of a lot of attention...terrible mattress....burn hole in rug....closet door did not work...short of towels etc...garbage laying around outside of hotel front entrance needs painting...terrible breakfast coffee terrible ..side entrance did not work with key card and told front desk did seem too concerned about it nor did they put up sign to tell other guests out of order.....pool n hot tub out of order and we're not told of this when we made reservation...front staff very unhelpful do no more than necessary...when inquiring about massage advertised at front desk did not even know if massage co. worked Saturdays. (Hey let me call n find out for you!)...not even worth the off season rate Motel 6 better quality...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bay City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Husband was picky and the staff was very cordial and welcoming; changed our room for us; attendant at the bar was excellent; breakfast the next morning was disappointing.easy check in and easy checkout

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Bay Valley Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!