“better than any motel, by far” 4 of 5 stars

Bay Valley Hotel and Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2470 Old Bridge Road, Bay City, MI 48706   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Bay City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“better than any motel, by far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

other reviews complaining just aren't true. they mention little things, no real faults at all- motel 6 does not do this good of a job, During a trip across michigan we searched for hotels to stay at in bay city, and after checking rates, policy, and availability we picked bay valley. this was a good decision. We checked into a decent sized room with a soaring ceiling, and had an above average breakfast the next morning. an odd amenity was the bath and body works products in the bathrooms instead of generic hotel soap. most other things were average, but nothing less- acceptable bed, older (cable) TV. no real things to complain about. A note as to the hotel schedule, check out , breakfast, and pool opening happen later than what i'm used to experiencing; this is great if you like to sleep in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Booked this hotel through priceline. The room was clean and at the end of the hall so relatively quiet. The lobby was clean and nice looking.

Nice clean shower.

I have traveled a lot and it was decent for being in Bay City, MI. Not exactly a booming area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Gladwin, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

EVERYTHING the person who wrote the review from Jan 12th is absolutely the truth! I come from and still live in humble conditions on a farm and this place doesn't even rate above a Motel 6...at least THEY leave the light on for ya! I expressed how very important this visit was (a reunion with my husband after being gone 6 weeks) and NEVER have I been THIS disappointed. I might as well have taken my money and watched it burn! What a shameful waste! I am a very "giving" person when it comes to being pleased..so when I write a bad review...TRUST ME ...IT'S BAADD!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
muddinangel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

HORRIBLE stay. In the first room the bed would knock up against the wall if you bumped it, we asked for another room and the front desk staff had no problem finding us another room. No frig, no microwave, and only a 19 inch TV. The room was either too cold or too hot and the lack of humidity left both my husband and I feeling sick the next morning. The bar staff was sub-par with the exception of our waitress. The staff seemed more interested in partying themselves than waiting on anyone. The bartender was a blonde bimbo that was more interested in flirting with the guys, then getting me my beer, then was rude enough to mumble something when I didn't tip her. TIP stands for To Insure Promptness - Get a clue, sweetie! There were people at 3 am outside our door having a great time, too bad we were still trying to sleep. The breakfast was ok, but you had to pay $5 for an omelet. I honestly think they are using the word "Resort" in the wrong context here. The whole place is a maze, going up and down stairs to get to your room, I was waiting for Jack Nicholson to come around one of the corners and scream, "Here's Johnny!"

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dover, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I definitly will check Trip Advisor before I stay in a hotel like the Bay City Resort. If you are use to stayin in chain hotel, this hotel is not the one for you. The place is in need of a revonation, the roooms are very old.
I was there to attend a conference in Bay City, MI they play music in the Bar on Friday and Saturday nights. Kids ran up and down the halls late into the night (pass 1:00 am). The staff couldn't seem to control them. If I ever have to go back to Bay City, I will stay at the Doubletree

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed here during the Bay City Tall Ship Festival and it was full. When we arrived a 4pm our room was not yet ready and there were dozens of people sitting around the lobby with the same problem. There were a lot of workers at the check-in desk but only one seemed to know what was going on and they looked overwhelmed. An hour later we were given the key to our room but it didn't work and we had to go back to the front desk for another. The room itself was ok. The air conditioner couldn't keep up but it was the hottest day of the summer so I could understand that. The hotel is a bit dated even though you can tell that it was once a showplace when it was first built and the lobby still is very nice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

I have been reading reviews from Tripadvisor for years. Every time I book a hotel or trying to decide between several hotels, I usually check the reviews on this site first. I have never written my own review though because usually I find the existing reviews give a good overall picture of each property. I feel compelled to write one for Bay Valley because I feel that the reviews here don't do it justice. It is one of the best value hotels I've ever stayed in. We paid $69 per night and includes a continental breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is not bad at all, including 4 types of cereal to choose from, bagels, danishes, fresh fruits, yogurt, boiled eggs, orange and cranberry juice, coffee, etc. We have a toddler so the breakfast was more than adequate for us. You can also pay an extra $5 for made to order omelet.

There's an indoor/ outdoor pool. And we liked that they opened the indoor pool part even when it was rainy outside. That gave us something to do on a rainy day. They also have Bath and Body Works toiletries. The staff and housekeeping crew were very friendly and helpful.

The location is a bit far from the center of town but if you have a car, it doesn't really matter anyways. It's right off of Interstate 75. The golf course is beautiful and we will definitely stay there again for the same price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Bay Valley Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!