“What you'd expect from a big boy” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 143 restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Bay City, Michigan
“What you'd expect from a big boy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Foods generic, if your going to Bay City you'd be better off going to somewhere downtown, or to the doubletree

Visited June 2012

44% Recommend
Bay City, Michigan
“Frozen food, microwaved just for you!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Big Boy sued to ahve nice, big sandwiches, portions that left you full out the door.. In the past few years, they now serve, mostly for breakfast, all frozen foods that crew just pops in microwave for you! Unless you order an egg over easy or basted, you will get instant, frozen food. sad..

Visited July 2012
St. Clair County, Alabama
“Not my first choice but, fair food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My family (my husband, daughters, my self, & my 90 year old Grandmother) & I went here at my Grandmother's request. She had been earlier that week & really enjoyed their whole wheat pancakes with nuts.

My Grandmother ordered the same thing again & was once again happy with her meal.

The rest of the family had breakfast menu items. My husband & youngest daughter liked their fare as well. My oldest however ordered the strawberry waffles it looked beautiful! But the sauce was 'nasty'...she didn't finish it.

I had the buffet: the lettuce was wilted & old. Many items had not been restocked. There wasn't a big variety of items. I wanted the soup & it was old- the very bottom of the pot. I did eat one small bowl- another couple would not even touch the soup (broccoli creme with ham) . The couple wouldn't eat anything until the replaced the soup- which they did but, it had to be made & we did not have the time to wait.

All in all okay food just okay. I will not return...until my Grandmother requests it again :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great breakfast bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I frequently go there on weekends for their breakfast buffet. This is one of the better Big Boy buffets in the wide area. They have sweet rolls and bran muffins for dessert at the breakfast bar.

The only concern that I have is that the plates at the buffet are frequently not completely clean. This has been a problem at ALL BIg Boys that I have been to.

Friendly staff. And I got a free morning paper.

They also have a garden memorial to their late owner out front. Nice touch for Sam.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, OR
“Excellent Service, Good Traditional American Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

The Big Boys have been around for a long time, but they have some lighter dishes on the menu and a salad bar. The breakfast buffet & fruit had some tasty dishes that are nice to eat in small quantities like biscuits and gravy, an egg/bread casserole, french toast, a little corned beef hash, etc. The service is excellent; the wait staff is well trained and very polite and attentive.

• Visited September 2011