“Nice place for a casual meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 152 Restaurants in Bay City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Essexville, Michigan
“Nice place for a casual meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Thanks Chef Craig and servers for a really nice meal. My wife loves sushi, me not so much, but I was assured they had more on the menu. They did, the best Salmon entree I think I have ever had, I think the fresh Sushi grade Salmon and someone who knows how to prepare it made all the difference. I was happy and so was my wife, she said best sushi around and she was able to try a few other items along with it, the miso and salad that came with the all you can eat price. I recommend it, great relaxing place, friendly staff and a chef who really knows what he is doing. Im glad we chose to go inspite of the "Red Solo cup" reviews.... who cares, food is awesome. Will be there again on our next "date"night".

• Visited January 2014

Tawas
“They served us with red solo cups for our beverage.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Thursday night for all you can eat sushi. The selection of sushi rolls was very small and the rolls were all very very small. The service was also bad. I was very disappointed in the evening. I will not be going back to fushion sushi ever.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Michigan
“Bay City is lucky to have such a unique restaurant !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Wow! Six of us met up for a night out and started at Fusion1..Thursday night, all you can eat sushi night. We knew to make reservations, but saw many turned away who hadnt, the waiter explained they have to do that in order to honor the reservations. Totally understandable, putting the customer first, not the money. Food awesome, fun atmosphere, and fun servers. the waiter explained to us they use the plastic disposable cups only on Thursdays due to the nu,mber of people, we didnt care, not there for the cups! Highly recommended, go enjoy the great food, from a talented chef. Its not a chain restaurant, with "chain" style anything....just a great unique experience. I loved the chalkboard comment indicating 'they are not a fast food restaurant" thank god they are not....we dont need anymore of those around, meals are supposed to be leisurely enjoyed with friends! We did1 thanks Fusion ! Cafe!

• Visited July 2013
Freeland
“What an experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm a bit surprised at the ratings this place has received so far. We went on the word of a coworker that this place was good. Once we were seated at a table with folding chairs and our order was taken we waited 20 mins for our sodas and teas. When the drinks did finally come they were served in "RED SOLO CUPS" I almost laughed in the waitresses face since I had ordered the 12.00 Caesar salad I was expecting more at that point.
I refused to order sushi because while waiting I noticed the male waiter wipe his brow and then run his fingers thru his hair THEN turn and picked u p some ones order and deliver it to the table. I was banking on the idea that my salad was premade in a bowl somewhere. I believe I was right because thru the mirror suspended from the ceiling I watched my salad marinate on the counter for another 20mins while the rest of our parties sushi was being made. Once I thought I saw the chef wipe his nose with the back of his hand and go straight back to cutting. I watched him closely after that because my children were planning on eating this food. I did not see a repeat of the event. Maybe I was seeing things maybe not but I can defiantly say the I watched the male waiter retrieve many items from the same cooler the chef was pulling from. I was horrified. Every germ he picked up from patrons had just entered the cooler where raw fish is kept. THEN I watched my son pick something out of his solo cup and wipe it on his napkin. Oh yes I had to look. I found a flat chunk of something! I took a chop stick and pushed it across the napkin only for it to leave a purple streak. It was crusty pop syrup! I expected my husband to argue the automatic 20% gratuity (when you have a party over 5) when 18% is customary in our area but our waitress did a good job once we received our food about checking in on us. Our total bill was over 90.00 which we are accustom to with 5. We had 2 Ceasar salads, 1 California roll and two 15.00 AYCE. He assured me we would not be going back there to dine again and we both agreed to share our experience with friends and at the office. To make a long story short, "drive back across the bridge and try the Brooklyn Boys new location. The food is much better, the ambience is much nicer and the table servers don't enter the main food prep area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Sushi Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Excellent sushi. My wife and I try to escape for a date night and Thursdays are their all you can eat sushi for 14.95 a person. Very reasonable, since I normally get charge that else where for just 2 rolls. Always fresh. The miso soup is the best of all the places I have tried it at.

• Visited February 2013