“Work in progress, but pretty good.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6285 Westside Saginaw Road, Bay City, MI 48706 (Formerly Valu Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Kalamazoo
“Work in progress, but pretty good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

Okay, I got a little scared when I pulled into the parking lot and the asphalt looked like it's been shelled and the building looked a little run down. It was much better on the inside. They are remodeling right now, so I would be interested to see what it looks like when they're done. The staff was really nice and helpful. The rooms were quite large, and the TV channel selection was good. It's and easy on and off of I-75. There are gas stations and fast food restaurants within walking distance. Better food and shopping is about a ten minute drive away, so that's not bad. End of the day, the hotel was pretty good. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms have the sliding glass door to the outside.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Aashish P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 29, 2015
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at Econo Lodge Bay City. We appreciate the feedback and high scores! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff was accommodating and helpful throughout your trip! It's always great to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope to welcome you back to our property soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Battle Creek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Older motel but room was nice, good bed, free WIFI, microwave, refrigerator and the TV was good.
Good price for room, motel wasn't much to look at but that wasn't a concern anyway.
Near the bowling alley we were going to bowl at, restaurants were not to far away and somewhat easy to find.

Room Tip: Was next to the highway but really didn't notice the noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location with comfortable bed, free WIFI, and all other amenities. We would like to say thank you for the positive feedback. We hope to see you next time you visit Bay City!
Summit Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Hotel is old and doesn't look the best from the outside. Inside it has new carpeting, new paint,
and new finishes on the walls. You can tell in some corners that its old, but fixed up.
Breakfast was good, supplied plentiful, and nice. Self made waffles, toast, muffins, juices, fruits, etc.

Most first level units had chairs sitting outside them, for smoking? Made it look trashy? Are there people living full time in these units?????

Front desk arrived very quickly with a different iron, ours had something on it. almost ruined my wife's shirt.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

No elevator for second floor guests.

Room Tip: I would go to second floor, but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Aashish P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 10, 2015
To be able to take pause and read such a wonderful review has been a highlight in my day - what a thorough recap of our facility!

I appreciate very much your analytic, from amenities to room design and layout as well as the mention of our breakfast bar. To know how well we suited your needs means a great deal to all of us here at the Econo Lodge Bay City. The outside chairs are for the smokers. It just make convenient for them to sit down and smoke outside of the room. It is also nice during summer season. It looks bad during winter from outside but its more convenient for the smokers.We also apologize for the iron and I was there to bring you a new Iron.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of your thoughts and observations!

We will hope to see you again next time you're visiting the area.
Plainwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We were in town for a bowling tournament on Valentine's weekend. We first booked this hotel because my daughter and her husband needed a pet-friendly place because of some medication issues with their cat. It turned out that we didn't need to bring the cat but we still stayed here. Turned out to be a good idea because the place was good. Staff was very friendly and out going. Check-in was fast and easy. Room was clean and comfortable. First night only problem was a whiny and barking dog in the next room that the owners seemed to leave alone in the room so not much sleep that night. Saturday night was better. A busload of high school kids stopped for the night because of bad weather and they needed to get off the road. They started out running the hallways but quieted down at 9:00 so sleep was better. Price is very reasonable for the rooms. My daughter and her husband had the Jacuzzi suite which was incredible. Jacuzzi tub was in a separate room from the sleeping area and was very nice. We would stay there again given the chance.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Aashish P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Thank you for taking the time providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I see that you enjoyed your stay but had a few inconveniences in sleeping qualities. Thank you for praising our service. Our highest priority is to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We truly appreciate your honest feedback .
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We just needed a place to rest our heads for the night and this place did not let us down. We noticed people/children hanging out in the hallways when we got there and were a little concerned about it being loud through the night but once we got in our room and shut the door we didn't hear a thing.
If you're simply looking for a place to sleep with comfortable beds and a continental breakfast this the place.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
We love having happy guests because that lets us know that we are performing to the highest standard. Thank you so much for taking the time to let fellow travelers know about us. We hope to see you again soon!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

I booked this hotel due to an unexpected family matter. I called from the airport to get directions and the desk staff person was very helpful. When I got to the hotel I was promptly greeted by the desk person, who took only a couple of minutes to check me in and give me my key. I had to stay a few extra days, and had no problems making arrangements. The room was clean and stocked. The refrigerator and microwave worked just fine, and the room stayed warm. The pillows weren't very thick, but there were 3 of them so that helped. It snowed one night and the staff shoveled the snow away from my car. Breakfast was fine, and they honored my "Do Not Disturb" sign. Gave me towels and toiletries when I asked. I was never bothered by noise and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Newberry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

Staff was very friendly, breakfast was good! Room was not what I reserved, asked for a Queen Bed room got a full size bed, table wasn't clean, bathroom......I've seen nicer ones at campgrounds! Wasn't happy and will probably not be seeing me at that location again!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Aashish P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2015
We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. I also wanted to make sure that we only have Queen size beds and that is what we advertise. We do not have any full size bed in our rooms.We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.We hope to be your host again in the future with very good experience.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!