“Best of the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Wenonah Park Place, Bay City, MI 48708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th of July Selling Out!!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Metamora, Michigan
“Best of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My daughter had her wedding reception there and a lot of people came in from all over who also stayed at the hotel. The staff was more than accomadating for early check in so people could get ready for the wedding. The beds were so comfortable and the view was breath taking of the river and boats going by.
For the event itself, the DoubleTree in Bay City exceeded all expectations. They did everything they promised they would and the food was awesome. Everyone who stayed for the wedding had great things to say about the hotel. They could not have been more helpful during what could have been a stressful time but never was due to the professional people who work there.
I used to work as an event planner and this hotel deserves Five Stars for their ability to deliver on everything they say they will.
Highly recommend for any event you may be planning. Free shuttle service to and from MBS Airport included.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel to celebrate my aunts 80th birthday and might I say it well exceeded my expectations. From the time that we walked through the door the staff was friendly and courteous and how can I forget the delicious warm chocolate chip cookies offered at the time of check in. The hotel smelled fresh and was immaculate. The beds in the room are comfy and they offer top of the line toiletries in your room. If you are planning a party this would be a great venue to book at even the catered food was delicious. This rates high on my list of hotel experiences.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
Austin, TX, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I travel often in and outside the US, this hotel is one of the best in its class we have ever visited. Nice room, excellent bed and superior service. Every member of the hotel and wait staff was friendly and professional, good food and good drinks at the bar. I wold have no trouble recommending this hotel.

East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Not as sound proof as some...but very clean, lovely bedding. However, it was a glorious day with the sun sparkling on the river and I was put in a small room overlooking the roof and part of some older buildings. I am almost positive this hotel was not booked as the parking lot was not as full as I have seen in the past. It would have been nice to put me in a better room as a complimentary service for my membership. A small price to make a weary traveler feel special!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Spartan1979~
Thank you so much for taking some time to provide valuable feedback on your stay. I would like to point out that looks can be deceiving when it comes to our parking lot and occupancy levels BUT I am not sure what the exact situation was during your stay. I would love to try to dazzle you with a sparkling view of our beautiful river on your next trip to Bay City- Please contact me and I will try to work some magic for you! Leslie.Thompson@Hilton.com. Oh- and Go Green!!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The beds are comfortable and rooms are extremely clean. We had dinner in the restaurant and the steak melted in my mouth. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and made the visit very enjoyable. I highly recommend the hotel for anyone staying in the Bay City area.

• Stayed May 2014
croswell, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very nice upscale hotel. Third time here and as usual hotel itself was faultless. Only problem was a group of noisy, drunken bottom-feeders in the hall at 2:30 AM. A call to the front desk seemed to take care of the situation, but we were not there the following night so I don't know if it happened again. This obviously wasn't the hotel's fault, but perhaps I just expected patrons of an upscale facility light the Double Tree to be from a little higher up the evolutionary scale than these folks obviously were.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last weekend for a night after a wedding reception that was also held in the hotel. The customer service displayed was exquisite. I had even left my heels in the banquet room and was worried they were lost forever but they were sitting for me at the hotel desk when I went to go get them. I would say the only con was the next morning when I called down to as for some toothpaste, the front desk agent seemed put off by the request, I had even offered to come retrieve it from the lobby and she sternly told me no and she'd 'find' someone to bring it to me. That definitely caught me off guard, but overall, nice, clean hotel and it was a great stay.

Two wedding parties in the building that night and I slept just fine and without noise.

Room Tip: If you want a better view - ask for the riverfront, otherwise you're looking at the tops of the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!