You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Wenonah Park Place, Bay City, MI 48708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th of July Selling Out!!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baxter, Tennessee
“my MI home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Best hotel experience in the Saginaw/Bay City/Midland area

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Great property, reasonably priced, clean, friendly staff, decent food. Kids love the pool. And a decent view on river view side.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Frankenmuth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Spent Thanksgiving 2011 at this hotel and had a great time. The facility is very clean and modern. We had a room with two queen beds for myself, my wife , and our 2 kids (3 yrs and 11 yrs old). It was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The pool facility was a center point for the kids and it was quite nice!!!! We also ate Thanksgiving dinner and another dinner in the restaurant facility, located in the hotel, the night after Thanksgiving. Both meals were very good and quite affordable. The food is well prepared and presented very thoughtfully. I would go to the restaurant even if I was not staying at the hotel. The hotel also has a large banquet facility that we experienced because the Thanksgiving dinner was served buffet style in the banquet room. if you are looking for a large or small banquet facility this hotel would be a great choice.

Room Tip: I like to book the room with a river view room rather than a city view room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Wow! We love hearing reviews like yours! This was the first time we have offered a traditional Thanksgiving buffet in our Ballroom- I am so happy you enjoyed it!

We hope you come back soon- Maybe for our fabulous Easter or Mother's Day Brunch! Yum!
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you have to come to Bay City, this is the place to stay. Also, it's the best place to stay if you're coming to Frankenmuth; don't waste your time and money with the Marriott or other places right in Frankenmuth. Stay here; it's an easy (and pretty) drive and much better accommodations. There is a great coffee house walking distance, too (Brewtopia)

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking the river.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We had a great stay at the hotel, and its in a nice location in the town - however, maybe it was that we missed the summer rush?, but the town seems incredibly boring. I was hoping for a lot more to see and do in the area. But the hotel is good if you're going to Bay City!

Try to get a riverview room (my room overlooked a roof and some HVAC stuff, I think. I was only there one night, so no biggie).

I'm not sure why, but I couldnt sleep very well that night at all. I think I'm just spoiled by King beds and we got a 2 double bed room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

First stayed at the Doubletree in 2004 shortly after it opened new while attending a conference and was very impressed with the entire facility...so impressed that I would have liked to move in and live there full time if I could. Well, we have stayed there twice again in 2009 and 2011, and I still feel the same way. Gorgeous decor, great restaurant and bar, right on the river, and within easy walking distance to other downtown venues. The place still feels fresh and never disappoints.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
LeslieThompson, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for the great review!!

Our staff is always looking for ways to improve or keep things looking sharp and we are really proud of our hotel. Please let me know when you come to the DoubleTree and I will make sure you get some extra cookies!! We LOVE our repeat guests!!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The facility, staff and rooms are excellent. Extremely clean and comfortable. I would stay here on business or for fun.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!