“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Brome
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at the Americiin in Bay City, Michigan. The hotel is very clean - the staff are very friendly and professional - the beds are very comfortable and the breakfast has more choices than I have ever seen at any hotel anywhere in my travels...several choices of hot foods (eggs and sausages)....not the usual cold cereal and stale muffins of most complimentary breakfasts!! The hotel is right off the interstate with grocery stores etc. within one mile. There are fridges and microwaves in the rooms. It's a great value and a comfortable stay...very highly recommended!!

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Karen:

We are always happy to see repeat visits and glad your family enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for your business and your willingness to share your experience with others. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was absolutely amazed with the service at this hotel! This facility will have all of my future business. The staff was always courteous and helpful. I honestly can't say enough good things about them all. The price was very reasonable. I would rate this hotel as better than the DoubleTree that we stayed in in January. Convenient to shopping, eateries and the highway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Laurie:

Thank you for staying with us. We enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again!. Travel safe.
Big Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel was fine/totally acceptable-good breakfast, nice/neat rooms, good internet service. But for one staff member-Shannon-who affected everyone around her in a negative way, the hotel met our needs.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Kristine:

I appreciate that your found our facilities and surroundings clean and comfortable. You rated our facilities and sleep quality as very high. Thank you for the compliments. It is also helpful to understand when a guest has issues. It is apparent you had an issue with a particular employee which left you feeling less than impressed. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We do our best to offer a hospitality experience which is caring, responsive, involved, sensible and welcoming. Our staff is trained with this in mind. I am happy for the opportunity to focus some additional training on a valued team member. Thank you for your business and feedback. Safe travels.
Bay City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our stay was the worst experience ever!! The hotel had an overwelming smell of drugs, people smoking in the halls, drunk people in the pool area not watching their kids, police called several times during our stay and very very rude staff! We had some issues and they were never resolved or addressed by mangement. Wouldnt recommend staying with familys

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest. We are always happy and thankful for feedback. Based on what we experienced during your stay I would like clear up some points. All guests are welcome and our number one priority is to ensure their satisfaction. However, when a guest begins to violate house rules and damage our property, the staff is instructed to take action. All of our rooms are inspected after each check out and cleaning to ensure a top-quality guest experience. Prior to checking into the guest room you occupied, the room ready to rent and damage free. Upon room inspection after your party checked-out, we discovered several instances of property damage including broken furniture and ash produced by smoking taking place in the guest room. We do not tolerate instances of guests violating State of Michigan law which requires no-smoking in hotel guest rooms. We also expect our guests to not cause property damage. Both of which your party participated in. While I appreciate your comments, I am hopeful other TripAdvisor users reading them will see past them.
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited this hotel over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The condition of the room was great. Everything seemed really new. I was really surprised at how large the Jacuzzi suite was which I rented. Bed was really comfortable. We slept soundly. Also the price was great, at least $30 less than the other hotels in town. I did initially have an issue connecting to the internet. When I informed the desk staff they were very helpful in offering support. Once we worked out the setting issue I had, I was good to go the rest of the weekend with a with great connection and speed. Thank you! Things just kept getting better. The breakfast was by far one of the best served by a hotels similar to this where I have stayed in the past (H Expresses, Fairfield Inns, Comfort, etc..). They offered great selection of items. The eggs were fresh. Great tasting sausage. Great coffee!. I actually ate more than I should have. The hotel was extremely busy and I thought the staff did a great job, especially the lady serving breakfast. She was hustling to keep up and seemed to be very cheerful. Everyone seemed to be getting their fill. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: No Elevator - If stairs are a problem, request first floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Traveler:

The AmericInn Bay City staff is happy you enjoyed your stay. We enjoy it when our hotel is bustling with lots of guests. I am glad we were able to help you when you had an issue connecting to the internet. This is a very important amenity offered to our guests which is why it is always complimentary and supported 24/7. We appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us.
West Branch
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We waited 45 minutes in line to check in, called down for a wake-up call (the call never happened). There was only one person on the counter, the other called off and no one stepped up to assist the remaining employee. The staff member did a fabulous job handling everyone especially as we grew up set for waiting. I commend her!! It was high school regional bowling tournaments and you were WAY understaffed. Staff member in charge of the breakfast area was irritable and rude to guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michelle:

Guest comments are the best way to help is improve our hotel. Thank you! I did review the weekend's events to determine what happened when you checked in. We did have a staff shortage caused be an unexpected illness and very short notice. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to find an additional resource to assist the staff on hand that evening. Fortunately the staff member on duty is just awesome and did an excellent job checking in a "full house" that evening. I do apologize that your patience was tested during this process but appreciate your recognition of our staff member. I have no excuse for you regarding the missed wake-up call, We made a mistake. We do have processes in place to help us avoid such an instance which we will be reviewing with the entire desk staff. We do sincerely appreciate your business and hope the tournament went well for your team.
Saginaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I was celebrating our Anniversary that weekend with a band in Bay City, MI and decided to get the room instead of driving. The staff was great, and the room was beautiful. The Jacuzzi tub was a blessing. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Shelly T:

We are glad you decided to stay local rather than attempting to drive after a night of festive celebration. The staff works hard at providing an experience which encourages guest satisfaction. We appreciate your decision to stay with us and hope you will do so again. Happy Anniversary!

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City? Share your experiences!