“Minor glitch but overall great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bay City
Buxton, North Dakota
“Minor glitch but overall great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel. I was greeted friendly at the front desk. The desk attendant told me if I needed anything that she would be there till 11pm. About 11:15pm, working at the desk in my room, the door opens and a couple starts to walk in. I said "Hello?" and they apologized and left. I should have probably followed-up with the front desk but just went to bed and crashed for the night (after locking me door :-)). The night was uneventful and I received a restful sleep.

The next morning, I did not receive a bill under my door. Stopping by the front desk, I spoke with the front desk agent and she apologized immediately for the mix-up. I told her it was fine and she appreciated me not getting too upset.

Even with that minor issue I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean (personal note from the house keeping staff in my room) and overall a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Hello Hunterhersh,

Firstly, I am so sorry that you were disturbed during your stay with us! I assure this is not a typical issue that we have. However, in spite of that I am so glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit with us. We can't wait to have you stay with us again, glitch free next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Clinton Township, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel is in great location., near freeway, stores & dining. Hotel was very clean, breakast was fully stocked and the staff was extremly friendly. Kids used the pool and enjoyed. Managment gets two thumbs up !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello Nanatrvl,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We are so pleased you were able to enjoy all of our amenities.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Jessica greeted us with a smile. She was pleasant and checked us in promptly. I was upgraded to a king whirlpool suite. The property was calendar, well maintained, and nicely furnished. I would definitely stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Heather V,

Jessica was so happy to see that she made your stay so memorable. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you'll be able to come back again soon!

Leilani S
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We travel regularly between NY and WI, taking two days to drive. We took a northerly route this time and stayed overnight in Bay City, MI. We have a small dog, so we needed a pet friendly hotel. We found this place, which was reasonably priced (there is a $25 fee for the dog). The hotel is conveniently located a block of I-75 and surrounded with restaurants and shopping. We had head other reviews of the hotel, but found our room in excellent condition and clean. New flat screen TV, bathroom in good working order, etc. I've attached a couple pics of room. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and we were very pleased that coffee and some of the breakfast items were available at 5am when we wanted to depart.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello billq-newburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay with us! I'm so happy you and your family (furry ones included) were able to enjoy your visit with us.

Leilani S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed here several times for business (at the state rate, so I can't comment on any price issues) and have always enjoyed my stay. Nice rooms, nice breakfast, good location for my needs. No complaints!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hello Kmwalter,

I'm so pleased you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your visits. We look forward to your next trip!
Casco, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the most helpful amazing staff. It made for a great night's stay. There is a Meijer's store directly across the street if you need anything. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Flowerlady_11,

Thank you so much for your wonderul review.
Celina, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nice clean comfortable room just a bit overpriced. I wouldn't have even had a problem with that if i had not stayed in a nicer cheaper one just the night before. Had a problem with the key card not opening doors and was told they knew about it and maintenance was on it. If they knew about it they should have posted signs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello tendimes,

I'm very sorry for the issue you experienced with our doors. I have spoken with my team to ensure we more actively inform all of our guests of these sorts of issues by posting signs immediate upon being notified. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and hope you will be able to visit again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City? Share your experiences!