“clean and comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bay City
Maumee, Ohio
“clean and comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

First impressions- very clean lobby! We were given a king size bed room at the queen size bed room price. The room was clean and in fairly good shape. The breakfast had many choices. The pool was temporarily shut down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Mtn714,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a survey about your recent stay with us. I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words. I do apologize that the pool was closed during your stay and am happy to report that it is fully operational again. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,

Leilani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Canton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a business trip. I booked on Orbitz which may have been a mistake as I could not get a receipt from the hotel. Check in wasn't the speediest, I have no idea why this took so long. The pool was closed with no reason posted. My room was clean and bright and comfortable with a flat screen TV (DirecTV) and the Internet worked well. I used the fitness room which was quite nice and I ate a cookie that was out on a table. The only thing I wished for was some kind of easy chair in the room for watching TV. Breakfast was better than average. I will stay here again if I return to Bay City for work.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Nadine E,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with check in and the pool closure. We have since reviewed our internal procedures to ensure that such situations do not reoccur. We are please that you did enjoy your overall stay.

We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Bay City.

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for business. The hotel is the newest in this area and the price was reasonable. The hotel is fresh and all the amenities are up-to-date. I was disappointed to find out that they did not have a hot tub onsite. The pool area is just that, a pool. The breakfast in the morning was good and the food was fresh. I was not pleased with the sounds you can hear while trying to sleep. The walls are thin. The pillows are folded in half to appear plumper than they truly are. Overall this is a nice place and I would stay here again but I will bring my own pillow with me.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite room upon checkin.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
leilani s, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello HenryBru,

thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in spite of not having a hot tub available in addition to our pool. I am very sorry to hear that you had problems with noise through the night and that your pillow was folded. We have very high expectations when it comes to the quality of your stay, service, and cleanliness and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that it is not a practice for us to place pillows in this manner and truly apologize for the error in your room. I hope that you will be able to come back and visit us again soon so that we can show you just how great a night with us should be. Thank you again for your kind words.

Grand Ledge, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overall, this was a decent Holiday Inn Express. However, the "toaster" they have leaves a lot to be desired. We toasted our bagel three times and it was only luke warm at best, and certainly wasn't toasted. We like staying at Holiday Inn's for thier breakfast and this was a little disappointing. Fortunately, we weren't in a hurry either morning. A new toaster would be a simple fix for customer service. Also, we have been at other Express' where the staff has been very friendly, always saying hello when you walked in, etc. Not so at this hotel. They weren't rude, just not very friendly. When we checked in the staff person didn't even tell us what time breakfast was, enjoy your stay...nothing. In our experience, this is unusual for a Holiday Inn Express. Other than that and the toaster the hotel was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Stoeck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had problems with our toaster and guest service. I have had maintenance check to ensure it is working properly and can assure you that the issue has been resolved; I will certainly replace it should we have any further issues. As for our guest service during your stay, I was very disappointed that you were not greeted well or given all of the information you needed when you checked in. It is always our goal to deliver a warm welcome and greeting to every guest and am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove what an excellent place to vist we can be.

Guest Services Manager
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our hockey team participated in a tournament in Bay City recently and our entire team stayed at the Bay City Holiday Inn Express. The hotel staff was very accommodating with various check in times, rambunctious boys, and loud parents. The location was convenient &, the hotel was clean. It would have been nice if all the standard rooms had refrigerators & microwaves. I agree with other travelers that the pool had a lot of chlorine, but with that many people swimming, I almost think you have to. I did not have as pleasant of an experience in Big Rapids, so thank you to the staff in Bay City for restoring my faith in the Holiday Inn Express. We will be back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that has the refrigerator and microwave if you are staying more than a day, a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello IslandLover2011,

We always strive to give great and impressive service. It makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations and have restored your faith in our brand. We have been working hard on controlling our pool chemicals recently.The hockey teams that visited were a welcome challenge to our efforts as we continue to manage this. Once again again thank you for the kind words of praise and we hope to welcome you and your team back again soon.

Leilani S
Bloomington, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I tried making reservation on the phone, he called the first time and the person (Nicki) that answered the phone was so rude and did not answer the questions we had. I called the second time, she (Nicki) was so rude to me that I hung up and called the 800 number to reserved a room. We would have stayed at another hotel but we had already recommended to other family members to stay there. We usually visit Bay City several times a year we will NOT stay there any more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello S T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you Holiday Inn Express is very proud of it's level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we are not any different here in Bay City. I would love to regain your faith in our property and would welcome the opportunity to discuss you stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding you stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the Holiday inn Express of Bay City soon.

Leilani Slavenburg
Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was only a short 15 minute drive to Birch Run and Bronners. I highly recommend it and will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you Megan for writing a review about your stay with us. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the kind words of praise.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City? Share your experiences!