“Ok for a night, but not perfect.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Virginia
“Ok for a night, but not perfect.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for just one night since I was only passing through. Though I was upgraded unexpectedly to a business class room, it was not the best night I've ever had. Sure the room was clean and had tons of space, but the AC unit woke me up a couple of times in the middle of the night, and the temperature of the shower was nearly impossible to control. There was hot or cold- you pick one. I told the front desk about this and they apologized and said it would be fixed. The complimentary breakfast, though filled with options including excellent ham and eggs, has a poor selection of cereal. I expected real name brand products due to the location! One would think all hotels in the area would have the best cereal, but they don't. If Battle Creek is not your destination, this one is alright for one night, I guess. Other guests appeared to enjoy the indoor pool, and it seemed to be an ideal stop for families. Front desk staff are friendly and willing to assist you. This is a large and convenient choice for interstate travellers, though it is certainly not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Business class does not mean "better than everything else," just roomier.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Waterford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for a softball tournment and were booked months in advance. When we arrived and walked into the lobby, the first thing we noticed was no air condtioning and it was 90+ outside. The hallways had no air either. There computers were down and they had no idea who had what room. They gave other guests our rooms that were all booked together in the same hallway. Our team ended up separted by floors and different wings of the hotel. The hotel was old and dirty. Nothing in the hotel had been kept up or updated. All of our rooms smelled of cigarette smoke too. But the wierdist thing about the hotel was that they had no staff what so ever. The three days we were there, we saw a first desk lady and a housekeeper only. The front desk lady did everything in the hotel. When the lobby bathroom ran out of toilet paper, she refilled them, when the pool area was out of towels, she told us it would be a couple of hours. Just to wierd to run a good size hotel with no employees. Never stay here, I'm sure they are cutting corners!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel for my son's baseball tournament. The hotel is in the middle of renovations to upgrade bathrooms and carpets and everything looks great. Our team was places together in the hotel and therefore minimized the inconvenience of our noisy group to the rest of the hotel which was great. There were no complaints about our kids, our noise or our impromtu get-togethers on their lawn to the side of the hotel. Considering how many families we were, I never heard anything in the hallways and the staff was all wonderful from the front desk, to the speedy housekeeping, to the rest of the nice staff in and around the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing to go to Battle Creek for a sporting event. The free breakfast was great and the hotel parking lot is attached to a Lonestar restaurant. Withing walking distance were many restaurants to suit everyone's need. We had a great time largely in part to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011 via mobile

I checked into this hotel with my children on June 24th for a travel baseball tournament. We were booked here thru PSE. We were given rm 222 this room was filthy and smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. The hotel manager Mareno said they would work on the odor tomorrow but the hotel was full. We raced off to our baseball game leaving the windows open in hopes of airing out the room but when we returned the smell was worse and unbearable. We called the front desk again to let them know the room smelled terrible, there was black stuff falling out of the air vert in the bathroom and clumps of black stuff in the vents of the ac unit. Cigarette burns around the bathroom sink and the tv Wasn't working properly. Mareno came up and handed my 11yr old son a can of fabreeze and walked away. I went to the front desk to complain and was told if I didn't like it I should pack up and leave then shook his fingers in my face in a very threatening way. If I had any other option I would have left this hotel immediately however all the other area hotel rooms are booked because of this baseball tournament. I am angry that PSE would book clients into a filthy hotel. Shame on you pse and same on you comfort inn. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed June 2011
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This review written by the business traveler as I stay here one night. If I had to stay in the area more than one night, I would have checked out of this hotel immediately . Hallway carpet and walls are disgustingly dirty and stained. Toenail clippings present on bath floor. Water stains on bath ceiling. I should have been warned by condition of grounds - filthy with cigarette butts and weeds. How much does it cost to have your team pick up grounds? This is poor leadership by hotel management and makes you wonder what other maintenance that they have skimped on that you can't see and that is not so obvious. I wished I had made another choice, even for one night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I can't believe I paid $90x2 to stay at this dump. The musty and damp smell that hit me when I opened room 409 was not a good first impression. The bedroom area was tidy but any area the vacuum didn't hit was covered in a nice layer of dust. The bathroom...terrible. Shower head was filthy. Took a wet wash cloth and scrubbed all areas of the head. Hair in the tub and floor. Tile walls were gross. Took another wet wash cloth and wiped down the wall near the toilet, turned the wash cloth black. A vent cover above the toilet...Don't think its EVER been cleaned. Tile edge on the floor was covered in dust and dirt. Gave up and didn't bother trying to wipe that down. Doesn't anyone that cleans or inspect the rooms care? I also had another room on my reservation #421 (?). Friends in that room showed me the black specks on the ceiling above the shower. Probably mold. Didn't bother staying for breakfast. Sleep and get out...quickly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fenton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Consumer beware....we arrived on Saturday night after a long drive to find they gave our reservation to some one else. Had a concert to see at the casino and had to go to Jackson to lodge. Oddly enough....there was an Arabic Family Reunion at the Comfort Inn that day.....Hmmmm! No more cheap franchises for me! Will choose to do my business with Good Ole American Boys at a classy Hotel next time!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!