“excellent find and so clean highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Amherstburg, Canada
“excellent find and so clean highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

After a 2 & 1/2 hour drive from Windsor Ontario what a great delight it was to come to a outstanding hotel. We were greeted by a wonderful host Tuli who was a wealth of information for the area including shopping deals for my wife. We were welcomed with warmth and hospitality right away telling us the in and outs of the hotel. My wife was so pleased with the clean lobby and our rooms. We used the pool it was nice to have a swim after an afternoon of shopping which is near by with great deals. First time I actually slept the whole night though in a hotel so quiet and very comfortable beds and lots of pillows. The morning we had a nice breakfast of hot coffee eggs biscuits & sausage..Just the right amout to get us up and on our way. When we booked out it had been snowing the staff wished us a safe drive home. I would definitely stay again when i am in the area. A true find.. Neil & Bernice Slater

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor and it was so quiet. had a great sleep
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The good: The room was above average clean. The staff was courteous, and Tuli was very easy on the eyes. The location is probably great if you're staying local as a major shopping center was right down the street - which came in handy when I figured out that I forgot my bathing suit. The pool itself was warm and seemed clean which brings us to the negatives.

The Bad: The absolute worst thing was the green water in the hot tub. I informed the night shift worker of this who at least had a better response than Tuli did in the morning. Tuli seemed to think that having a hot tub with nasty green water was normal and acceptable. Maybe in India, but not the USA. Tuli downplayed my concerns, assuring me that the water met all the tests etc. See the attached picture. I do not think it is acceptable. Furthermore the pool area was VERY dimly lit. They have put some low wattage CFL bulbs in housings that were meant for halogen lights. It was incredibly poorly lit especially after the sun went down. For the room itself, there was no shampoo / conditioner, but this didn't concern me as I brought my own. The beds and pillows were somewhat uncomfortable to each their own on that one.

Overall: If you don't have to use the amenities, the price is right and if you're there for a local stay, I would say it has a good to excellent location. I would not recommend staying here with a family who intends to use the pool but traveling through is just fine. I do not enjoy having my concerns dismissed by the hotel staff and feel that this is one of the things I found mentioned in other reviews too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bright ,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I found Battle Creek Best Western Executive Inn a great place to stay. It is a well kept hotel.Everything was neat and clean room lobby hallways.Staff was very friendly and helpful.We would definitely stay here again. It has great access to highway 94.Excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is exceptional in EVERY aspect. The beds were on level of a high end hotel. Their attention to detail & cleanliness is greatly appreciated! and it was very affordable. It was our first stay here. .We often stay in this area and will be sure to return. You will not be disaapointed. Highly recommend! Pool & free breakfast bonus as well! Stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This BW is the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. The bed was made with wonderful sheets, great pillows and was very comfortable. The carpet was spotless. All employees were very attentive and efficient. While the rooms seem a bit dated, it is not enough to say that it is dated. The beds appeared to be new. I really like this hotel and will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!