“Best Western, Battle Creek” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best Western, Battle Creek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff is very responsive and receptive. I have stayed several times and am very satisfied with the service. Because of being a frequent visitor the staff makes you feel at home and works to keep all guests happy. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Approximately four years ago, we made a change of hotels in Battlecreek and have not looked back. We stay there four nights each spring and fall for our golf trip. Normally we book two rooms each time, but this time one of our friends was unable to come.
He did decide to come for one night as a surprise but instead, he got the surprise. The hotel was completely full and no rooms were available.
If you want a good place to stay at in Battlecreek, you have to book early to ensure a room. I always do. We have two rooms booked for the week of May 13th. for our next golf trip. Again, all I needed to do was give Nick the dates and the booking was done at the normal great rate.
What we really like about our stay is the location (close to highway, great restaurants (and for us Canadians a Tim Hortons a kilometer away) and shopping), the front desk service, cleanlines of our room, and the fact that the staff remains the same with the same excellent service we have received each and every visit.
Its also nice to have access to free internet and long distance calling within Canada and US, so calling home does not increase the cost of our stay.
Again, I highly recommend for you to find out why we continue to stay at the Best Western Executive Inn in Battlecreek.
Tulsi and Nick, thank you for running such an excellent establishment and providing us travellers with excellent value for the dollars spent and of course for providing us with a smoke free environment.

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the main floor close to the front desk. Personal preference. Never had a p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is aging fast. Once you get beyond the 'updated' lobby you see what you're really getting. The room I had was equipped with a non functioning coffee pot and furniture was just barely acceptable. The room felt old. The only saving grace was that I used hotel reward points instead of paying cash. My advise is stay elsewhere..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I booked via priceline and had no expectation what my experience would be. But from the moment I walked in the door I felt I was at an establishment that I usually pay twice that amount. Front desk check in clerk was efficient and nice (gave two good restaurant recommendations nearby.) The room was the best part - a brand new renovation of the hotel apparently.... nothing overly fancy but really nice and well done - clean crisp white sheets, good pillows, brand new carpeting, fridge and coffee maker, a small table to eat/work from, good and very clean bathroom, etc. Hallways I think are brand new - nice wood chair rails and such. Upon checkout I was running late and left some veggies in my in-room fridge and Nick at the front ran back with me to get me back into the room and out the door - Nick thanks again! Oh - and the breakfast was pretty darn good - it was included in the price.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My worst experience of my life at a hotel.. Didn't feel safe.. No security at all... Had to clean hot tub in room before using... The location is behind a fast food restaurant.. NICK PATEL charged me 150.00 for smoking in room... That I never smoked in.. Then when I told him I didn't he called POLICE ON ME.. The officer would not go in room..cop told me to pay because "He had other [--] to do"..I called corporate and they told me TO BAD you signed it.. I live 3 hrs away so coming to court in not an option... PLEASE HEAR MY WARNING.. I AM A NICE GUY..

• Stayed September 2012
nick p, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guest when we checked you into the hotel, you were told that our facility is a 100% non-smoking hotel. Next room across the hall and next door complained of smoke smell coming for the room nearby, the entire 1st floor was checked out at the check out time 11A.M, all rooms were inspected for the smell of smoke, and each and evry room was perfectly fine, you were the only that had a late check out at 12 O'Clock noon, so your room was the only not inspected untill that time when you were checking out. The room smelled like smoke, ashes were found for proof by the trash, police were called to escort you out from the hotel.

Due to you smoking in the room it has been down for a week straight, and we had to have an outside contractor to deep clean the room for 150.00, also it's not fair for our future guest that may have allergies and do not like the smell of smoke

Also you are not welcome at any Best Westen worldwide, due to the situation you have been put on the do not rent list.
Flint, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Right from the start we had a very pleasant experience. Nick at the front desk was very knowledgable and helpful with our check in. Our room was clean and inviting and the location was very good. I agree with some of the other reviewers regarding the Howard Johnson next door. There were some late night partys and noise especially in the parking lot next door but did not penalize Best Western for that. We booked a suite with a king bed and jacuzzi on a weekday and with our AAA rate it was the best value in Battle Creek.

Room Tip: Get a jacuzzi suite for the extra $20 dollars
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We came to visit our family in the area for couple nights. We were looking for reasonable priced hotel room, and I am glad that I chose to stay with Best Western. Hotel room was very clean. Usually, hotel chains beds are not so comfortable, but this hotel's mattress were brand spanking new. I appreciated the clean bathroom. The best part was the breakfast; I liked their variety of cereals. My kids loved fresh waffles. The breakfast area was cleaner than my own kitchen, and that is great when you are traveling with kids. I would rate this hotel " the best" for their cleanliness. From now on, I will stay at this Best Western whenever I come to see my family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!