“Nice sports pub” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Nice sports pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very good food, great variety, friendly service. Very good value! Not a real big place, and a little out of the way, but often quite busy as of late. Have been here or picked up takeout many times, have never been disappointed

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Marshall
“Very poor service today!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Sunday breakfast service was a disaster today. Only two waitstaff. Cook didn't show. Staff hustled but not enough of them. We left after 75 minutes and no food. Others left earlier.

Visited October 2013
new haven connecticut
“Great find! Worth the visit if in Battle Creek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were in Battle Creek for a baseball tournament and had time in between games so we asked a local for a place to go for nice cold beer and a quick lunch and McGonigle's was suggested and boy are we glad it was - went 3 times while staying there! As they say looks can be so deceiving and in this case they really are the location is great if you are at or going to Bailey Park right around the corner a 5 minute ride. On the outside it looks like a little dated beer joint and actually looks pretty much the same way on the inside but sometimes these are the best places as is the case with McConigle's - coldest beer and some of the best food! It was lunch time and we wanted to just grab a quick burger and dog the hot dog was excellent one of the best I have had and it came with nice grilled saurkraut on a fresh roll and was served with extra crispy nice hot french fries no complaints at all. We also tried the chicken wrap sandwich and was told by our 13yr old baseball player in the group that it was one of the best chicken wraps he has had (and believe me he orders them all over) we also tried one of the other special hot dogs again everything was perfect. On the night we were there they were having a all you can eat prime rib dinner but we did not try it do to the hour but went with a little light fare and salad also very good was sorry that we were not able to go back again to try a dinner was told excellent fish there also as are the burgers. Not much to look at but I have to agree one of the best selections of beers around and a very diverse menu a true local joint with the nicest staff - the service was always with a smile and they could not have been kinder to deal with. Great place to go with a family very reasonable if not cheap for what you get 2 beers and 2 hot dogs for under $10 for me that is unheard of and they were excellent! A true local joint that I would highly recommend do not be fooled by its look or location a great place to eat if you are looking for some down home good food at a good price with great service. I was suprised to see that this looks to be part of a mini chain with 3 or 4 other restuarants around the state you don't usually get this kind of place and here that there are others.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Battle Creek
“Excellent food for a little bit money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Never would have expected such great food, from a dark little bar. I had the fried pollock and I was stuffed by the time I left, for about $7. My food came quickly and my waitress made sure I had everything I needed. I will definately return soon.

• Visited March 2013