“very nice experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
st clair michigan
“very nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

nice location, clean rooms and pool.
the staff, including michelle at front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast servers, were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: book ahead online
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My only complaint was that the waffle batter was too watered down to make edible waffles. Otherwise this is one of the nicest Fairfield's in which we have ever lodged. We'll try to stay here every year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Shawnee, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The room was very clean. I stayed in a standard room which included a king bed, flat screen TV, desk, and armchair. The bathroom vanity was very small, not much counter space. The room was probably smaller that typical for a standard room. There was free wireless internet and free continental breakfast. There was a small pool and hot tub, but I did not use as there were a lot of kids staying there the same weekend. The hotel is right near the highway and I thought the noise might bother me, but it did not seem that loud when I was inside. Walking distance to some restaurants, and very close driving to the mall and the casino.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Muskegon, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Billed wrong credit card from our group, double billed one from our group. over charge another. food was the worst we have had at any of the several hotels we stay at during the year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I thought this hotel was great. I was here 2 nights.

Breakfast was very good with more choices than I have ever seen at a free breakfast hotel

I consider myself a "hotel snob" and this place is on my A list.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We had a nice stay at this hotel. Pool and hot tub were nice, front desk staff was hit and miss. Some were VERY friendly, saying hi each time we walked by and offering help when needed. Some weren't as friendly (one staff member was making her morning toast at the breakfast bar when we were there and completely ignored us). The woman working the breakfast was very friendly. The breakfast room was nice because it was somewhat divided. Room was nice, clean.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

The hotel is located SW of downtown but not far enough away to be a bother. The location doesn't have the nicest feel since there are a lot of cheap, run down looking hotels nearby with the exception of the Baymont next door which looked OK. The finishes and furnishes were typical for this range of hotel, although I did like the modern, rectangular styles used in the room, it was a nice change from what I typically see. Rooms had wireless which worked well and a flat screen TV. Service was friendly although they gave me a call shortly after I got into my room to verify everything was satisfactory which I know is supposed to be nice but instead wierds me out.

The pool was good size for this type of hotel and I was able to swim laps without it being annoying. All in all it's a good hotel although I'd like to see it charging closer to $100 instead of the $120 I paid. As is I can stay in McCamly for the same price (for the renovated rooms) which is downtown and nicer although it doesn't include parking or breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn Battle Creek? Share your experiences!