“Above Average Mexican Food at a Good Price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Madison, Wisconsin
“Above Average Mexican Food at a Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

The restaurant is a relatively typical Mexican restaurant and nicer than your typical taqueria. Free chips and salsa came before the meal and the chips were good and although the salsa was homemade it had a flavor to it I wasn't overly fond of (lemon juice maybe?). I had the mole enchiladas with pastor, the pork was very good, the mole was perhaps slightly below average (I'm a bit of a mole snob) although it was buried under a lot of cheese so even the strong mole was sort of overpowered. If I came back I'd probably get something where the tasty pork could shine through more. The beans the rice were the typical boring type you get at 95% of Mexican restaurants.

Service was fast and attentive enough despite what appeared to be some slight language issues when ordering (which I actually consider a good sign). The decor included those brightly painted wooden cutout tables and chairs which bother me in more Americanized restaurants but I kind of liked here. All in all a thoroughly decent meal for a decent price which is more than I can say for most of the Mexican food I've had in Michigan.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Authentic and delicious, A lot of food for your money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is my favorite local Mexican restaurant. I always get the Chicken Fajitas, Normally 12-16 dollars at most restaurants, only 8 dollars here! Amazing portion size as well. My Boyfriend got the "Super Burrito" for 8 dollars and it was HUGE. I mean HUGE. He didn't even finish a quarter of it. It compares in size to a football, and it's only 8 dollars? You get chips and salsa to start. Large menu full of choices. Delicious. Service has always been good. I love this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Decent Tacos, Great Atmosphere but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

My husband and I checked out this place after moving to Battle Creek a few months ago. Just about everyone we ran into had great things to say about this place. We ordered a la cart and had a little bit of everything. The shredded chicken tacos were decent although I'm almost positive the tortillas are bought in. I hate to say it but their rice and beans were awful. Just about every Mexican restaurant I've been to totally disregards how much effort should go into them. The beans were bland (you can tell they are when they are pale and have copious amounts of cheese to cover up how tasteless they are) and the rice is stale and dry, not to mention neon orange.

The atmosphere is great but to those who want real authentic Mexican cuisine, save your money.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Detroit
“Very nice family Mexican Restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

If you want a five star dining experience than drive two hours East to Detroit.

If you want better Mexican food drive 20 hours South.

The food was very good. The best we've had in Michigan. The atmosphere and service were both perfect for a family owned Mexican restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, NY
“Unique Little Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

This is where I had the best meal I ate in Battle Creek! Enchiladas the size of my head, and I swear they were sooooooooooo very good! The ambiance is perfect - bright colors, great decor. The staff was friendly. I will definitly be back the next time I'm in BC.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere