“Very quaint and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crook Jaw Inn

You added Crook Jaw Inn to your Saves list
Crook Jaw Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   186 Main Street, Route 6A, Yarmouth Port, MA 02675   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Yarmouth Port B&B and Inns
Albany, New York
“Very quaint and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

The Crook' Jaw Inn and Brian get an A+. The setting in and around the Inn was exceptional. Brian catered to our every need: making dinner reservations upon our arrival at the beautiful Old Yarmouth House, ensuring a comfortable night's slept and providing us with a scrumptious breakfast. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone wanting a romantic weekend getaway.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

Our stay was relaxing and enjoyable. The Crook Jaw in is well-kept, near fun activities, and the food is wonderful. Brian was helpful on places to go and see. The building is historic, not like your regular hotel room. We would definitely recommend this B and B if you plan on exploring Cape Cod!-Brian and Natalie Kelly

• Liked — Food, cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — a drive to beach
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

My husband and I spent 3 nights at The Crook Jaw Inn for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time. The Inn is, of course, a beautiful, fascinating old house with its own neat history. Just ask Brian. Brian gave us great info about the area, great recommendations, and helpful tips on where to park the car. He is an amazing breakfast chef! I simply don't have anything to say other than how wonderful our experience was.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

My husband and I just returned from an amazing vacation on Cape Cod. It was our first visit to the Cape and after reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to stay at the Crook Jaw Inn for our 5 nights on Cape Cod. The Innkeeper Brian and the bed and breakfast met and exceeded all our expectations.

By the time we left my husband and I felt like Brian (innkeeper) was an old friend. Since we were not familiar with the area Brian helped us each day with planning our activities as well as directions. We truly enjoyed each restaurant and activity that he recommended.

We stayed in the Yarmouth Room. We loved the room and the oversized bathroom with jacuzzi. The bed was really comfortable and we felt right at home from day one. Brian really went above and beyond with breakfast each morning, providing drinks and water, providing beach towels, beach chairs, and a cooler for our beach trip, etc.

I could go on and on about how great the Crook Jaw Inn is. We flew in from MA yesterday and are already talking about wanting to get back to Cape Cod and the Crook Jaw Inn for another vacation.

Thanks for everything Brian!!!

• Liked — The Innkeeper
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

I vacationed for a week-end at the Crook Jaw Inn with my husband. It was one of the best bed and breakfast experiences we have ever had. It is located on historic Rt. 6a which is a nice location for staying mid-cape

The Room

We stayed in the Sea Breeze room (see posted photos) which was much larger then we expected from the photo on the website. It had a queen
bed and a gas (I think) fireplace. It had a lot of nice nautical décor touches. It seemed to be decorated gradually. Almost like you were staying in a guest room of a friend’s house.

The Breakfast

The breakfast was delicious .When you arrive each morning to the lovely breakfast room there is coffee ready as well as hot water for tea or hot chocolate. Each morning Brian served a gourmet breakfast which included over our three days: almond banana French toast, blueberry baked French toast, and my personal favorite lemon zest pancakes with raspberry syrup. He also served fresh fruit and each day a different breakfast meat. Perhaps by favorite part was the fresh baked muffins. Each day was a different variety and they were so good. Just writing about them makes me want to go back to have another.

The Hospitality

Brian is a very gracious host. I have stayed at quite a few bed and breakfasts. Many of which the people were very happy to help you if you asked. This was my first experience where the host actually came over after breakfast and asked what our plans were for the day and offered suggestions. Brian was very accommodating. He allowed us to check in late. He also called us by our first names and made us feel at home

Another nice touch is that there is a refrigerator that is stocked with sodas and waters and is complimentary to guests.

I am giving this a five out of five because that was my experience here. There are a few things that may bother other people that did not bother me. It is a historic home so the ceilings are a little low. My husband banged his head coming out of the bathroom (all just part of the charm) Also, the bathroom’s door which is located in the sea breeze room did not close all the way (perhaps it would if we forced it, but we didn’t try)

Overall we had a great time and hope to return again. Also I must say that the price is quite a value considering the gourmet breakfast, nice sized room, complimentary soft drinks, and travel advice.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Weymouth, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

My friends and I go away for long weekends 4-5 times a year. We like to shop and do crafts. This is the third year we have spent a fabulous weekend at the Crookjaw Inn.

The innkeeper, Brian, could not have been nicer or more accommodating. He really knows the area and can readily give directions or recommend great eating establishments.

As always, the rooms were beautiful- warm and well decorated, and sparkling clean. Piping hot water in the shower makes me happy and I love those big fluffy towels. My roommate and I like to stay in Seabreeze- we like to read and there are two nice comfy chairs, each with its own window, and facing the fireplace. I noticed the new paint this year- sunny yellow, my favorite color! Nice choice, Brian!

We were crazy about the baked blueberry french toast at breakfast. Yummy!

Once again, it was a memorable weekend and everything was superb. We can't wait until next year!

• Liked — The unbelievably great breakfast
  • Disliked — that they closed the original Christmas Tree Store that was within walking distance
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

Some freinds and I were traveling and wanted to stay at a B&B on the Cape. It was a last minute trip and all I can say is WOW!! It was without a doubt the nicest B&B we have ever stayed at. From the ambiance to the owner's attention to detail in decorating and comfort. I felt pampered yet able to leisurley enjoy myself. The recommendations for nearby sites were top notch including restaraunts. Brian the owner is a master chef. I only wished he offered lunch and dinner.

It was easy to fine and immaculately clean both inside and out.

This was truly a wonderful weekend and I highly recommend a stay. We will defintely return!

Thank you Brian for a wonderful experienc.

• Liked — the owner
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crook Jaw Inn? Share your experiences!