“Overpriced and underwhelmed” 2 of 5 stars

Brooklyn
5 attraction reviews
“Overpriced and underwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hallets makes a big show of being just like an old-timey general store, but it's a racket, I assure you.
When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the insane amount of signage warning about "No Bathrooms" so... don't even think about it. We wanted ice cream, and apparently it's all homemade, but they don't give tastes so choose wisely. Two cones, one small, one medium, came to $7 (I perused the whole menu - prices were insane!) and the ice cream itself was grainy and flavorless, served in a store-bought sugar cone. The girl behind the counter actually touched the ice cream - it was pretty gross. I can't believe I even tried it. There's plenty of places for ice cream on 6A, because this one isn't it.

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Olde Time Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Amazing home made ice cream to inexpensive sandwiches such as the best grilled cheese and chicken salad along with home made meatballs. Stop here and get some food for the beach!

New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
“yuck!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

looks are so deceiving with this one!! what looks like a quaint antique ice creamery is just a gross tourist trap rip off!! I'm still trying to figure out how I paid ALMOST $7 for an "ok" big glop of ice cream on a tiny sugar cone - this was their 2 scooper!! and when I had asked for a taste, they said they don't do tastes (!!!) - and when I had considered a sundae, they had whipped cream FROM A CAN (I can whip up some fresh whipped cream in 2 minutes!!) - take a few pics of the old fashion look of the place, and then run somewhere else!!!

Tampa, Florida, United States
89 attraction reviews
“Quick great stop for sandwiches and malts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were greeted with a friendly greeting by the owner, our sandwiches came out fast. My husband said it was the best chocolate malt he has ever had. It is a cute historical small shop! We are so happy we stopped!

New York
12 attraction reviews
“Quality ice cream.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Local ice cream and sandwich shop. Best ice cream I had in a long time. You could tell it was made in the morning and it was extremely fresh. It also has the old fashion charm of the apothecary shops.

Visited September 2013