“Outstanding Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: The Old Yarmouth Inn offers classic cuisine for the next generation; the best in fresh local fish, shellfish, steaks and pasta. Whether you are looking for a casual meal in our cozy wood paneled tavern or a view of our gardens from the dining room, once you have experiencedThe Old Yarmouth Inn's delightful menu, warm, friendly staff and awesome wine selection you will know why we have become one of the most popular dining destinations on the Cape
“Outstanding Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We are here at the Cape for one week and we were looking for something special to celebrate our anniversary. We read many great reviews on Trip Advisor, so we booked a reservation. Here is what made this a great experience.

Easy to find, plenty of parking, super friendly staff, our waiter was attentive but not overbearing, menu had lots of selection, food was great, portions were big, wine selection was also very good.

This was arguably one of the best meals we've had on the cape. What we also enjoyed was that the menu had many seasonable choices. I'd recommend the watermelon salad, grilled lamb chops, duck with strawberry rhubarb, and for dessert - the strawberry rhubarb shortcake was really good.

I've read on other reviews that sitting in the Tavern is the way to go. I agree. We were looking to do something a bit casual, so the tavern was perfect. There is a bit more activity in the tavern, but it's not too loud. The dining room would have been too quite for us.

I also read that some people complained about price of the meal. My thinking on this is that the price is offset by the generous portions that you get. I thought this was a very good deal overall. No complaints on price from me.

Can't wait to come back for another visit.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Wow - thank you for such a tremendous review! When we remodeled the Tavern and added more seating we had many people complain that we would never fill all of those seats - we do and then some! We take a great amount of satisfaction in offering a fine dining experience ie white table cloths, crystal wine glasses, etc in a casual atmoshpere.
Thank you for also commenting on the seasonal offerings on the menu - many items tend to disappear over the Fall and winter only to reappear in the Summer. Perhaps you will get a chance to try our fall menu and enjoy the tavern with the fireplaces.

Avon, Connecticut
“Night Out With Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Attractive building quite busy on the July 4th weekend. Reservations honored on time. Friendly greeting and nice corner table. Accoustics not great. Of four dinners, three of us rated their dinners very good and one rated his at about average - the lump crab feature of the dish was difficult to find.

Good and fair range wine price list.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. Although 4 out of 5 might make some people happy, we strive for 100% satisfaction rating and I wish your friend had enjoyed the dinner more. I promise you that our Crab cakes and the Angel and Crab are both made with lump crabmeat, although it does have a tendency to break down in the mixing process. I hope that you give us a second chance to make your whole party happy.
Newtown, Connecticut
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had group of 20 for at the restaraunt. The servervice was excellent as was the food. Highly recommended from all in attendance what a great choice can't wait to return.

• Visited June 2013
1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We host events in all sizes and each one is unique. When families place their special occasions in our hands, it means a lot to all of us. Your review makes us all feel proud. I shared your review with every member of our staff. Thank you very much!
Andover, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

While visiting the cape on a family vacation we decided to go out to the inn. We had ten in our party with one child. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome by doing a great job. The food was wonderful I recommend the artichoke dip appitizer and the broiled scallop dinner. The carrot cake was out of this world. The inn also has a children's menu.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for 1) posting your review and 2) having your special occasion with the Old Yarmouth Inn. For the past 17 years I have listened to countless stories of people who make our restaurant the dinner that they have on the the last night of their Cape Cod vacation and have been maintaining this tradtion for generations! Perhaps this will become a new tradition for your family as well!
Reading
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed 2 very good meals here, during our recent stay at The Inn at Cape Cod next door. First night we ate in The small Red dining room at the front, and on the 2nd night in the main restaurant. Nice ambience in both rooms.
All the staff we found to be friendly and the service was very good. We were told a bit about the history of the inn by the owners son (I believe) which was interesting.
The food was very good, my steak was cooked perfectly and it came with lovely cheesy mashed potatoes and asparagus. My girlfriend had the Duck and she said it was excellent.
We would certainly recommend this restaurant and would return next time we're on the Cape.

1696, Owner at Old Yarmouth Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and a special thank you for dining with us twice while you were on the Cape. I am glad that you got experience the Red Room, the oldest part of the Inn and I will let Andrew know that you enjoyed his small history lesson. Mike and Helen take special care with all of their Inn guests and we consider it an honor when they refer their guests to us!
Hope we will see you again,