We a table by the fire and started our meal with the crab cakes and a very good house Chardonay. The crab cakes were light and crispy with just the right balance of crab and spices. My companion enjoyed the house Merlot with his Beef en Brochette cooked medium rare with crisp tender peppers and mushrooms. I had the Sole Gratin. The fish was fresh, the sauce was not over powering and the potato cake was a nice change from the usual rice pilaf. The waiter recommended the Bananas' Foster for desert and it was delicious, but we wished it was served in the traditional way over a crepe filled with ice cream.
A very relaxing dinner experience. The Inn's colonial atmosphere, classical background music and helpful unobtrusive staff added to the experience.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial House Hotel
- Colonial House Hotel Yarmouth Port
- Colonial House Inn Cape Cod/Yarmouth Port, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round,Green certified, full service country inn, restaurant and lounge, centrally located in the middle of Cape Cod, on the Olde Kings Highway, route 6A. All rooms with private baths, free WiFi, HD flat screen TVs, free phones, A/C, canopy beds, antiques, heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi, free business computer center with Free WiFi, sun deck, beautiful garden sitting area. Rates include breakfast & dinner (full menu,excellent food). Walk to Nature trails, golf, tennis, salt & freshwater beaches,fishing, museums, whale watching, lighthouses, antique shops and discount shopping, nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Colonial House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.