This was a huge disappointment. The pillow cases were wrinkled, the shower screeched as it dumped water over me in an irregular stream. The televisions were all different in each room, ours came in clearly but didn't have the channels that others did. Another guest had many channels, all fuzzy. A third couple had a tv with one channel. The carpet was disgusting. The walls were chipping, unsightly accomodations overall. The breakfast was terrible. Dinner was pleasant--food was pretty tasty. Servers were not very kind and efficient though. Our skeleton key to our room was neat but not functional, literally took 5-10 min to lock our room each time. Another couple had their room cleaned and left open by the help. They also were interupted while taking a nap... someone came right into their room. The owner of the inn "preferred" but really insisted we charge everything to our room (such as rounds of drinks) so he only had to pay one swipe fee (Visa and MasterCard would not approve). The owner charged for desserts that were to be included in our package. We were charged more than we had anticipated as well. Phones didn't work. Hammering was heard and we were told that they were tenderizing veal--not on the menu at all. We were also told there were two dinner menus, not the case either. I had gone into this open minded as I have stayed at older places before with much character... this is not that place. Literally everything that could have dissapointed us did. I would consider looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round,Green certified, full service country inn, restaurant and lounge, centrally located in the middle of Cape Cod, on the Olde Kings Highway, route 6A. All rooms with private baths, free WiFi, HD flat screen TVs, free phones, A/C, canopy beds, antiques, heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi, free business computer center with Free WiFi, sun deck, beautiful garden sitting area. Rates include breakfast & dinner (full menu,excellent food). Walk to Nature trails, golf, tennis, salt & freshwater beaches,fishing, museums, whale watching, lighthouses, antique shops and discount shopping, nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Colonial House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial House Hotel Yarmouth Port
- Colonial House Inn Cape Cod/Yarmouth Port, MA