This Inn was a huge disappointment and greatly overpriced. Though as I say that, it's hard to imagine that it would be worth staying here at ANY price. It is dank, shabby, mildewy, smelly and physically unattractive. Everything needs upgrading: sheets are thin, mismatched and stained, carpets are stained and worn, wallpaper is peeling and ugly. It is unkempt, unclean and falling apart. We were told on numerous occasions that we needed to tip the server at breakfast which I can only surmise indicates that the poor (rather sweet) woman is grossly underpaid. I didn't go to business school, but anyone can figure out that it is a primary tenet of running a vacation town hotel that the owner needs to invest some of the profits into upgrading and maintaining the property. This is clearly not done as it is in serious disrepair and need of a great deal of refurbishing. The only superlative I can think of is that it is the most money I've ever spend on such a miserable place to stay. I honestly felt like I was trapped in a substandard nursing home. We couldn't wait to check out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round,Green certified, full service country inn, restaurant and lounge, centrally located in the middle of Cape Cod, on the Olde Kings Highway, route 6A. All rooms with private baths, free WiFi, HD flat screen TVs, free phones, A/C, canopy beds, antiques, heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi, free business computer center with Free WiFi, sun deck, beautiful garden sitting area. Rates include breakfast & dinner (full menu,excellent food). Walk to Nature trails, golf, tennis, salt & freshwater beaches,fishing, museums, whale watching, lighthouses, antique shops and discount shopping, nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Colonial House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial House Hotel Yarmouth Port
- Colonial House Inn Cape Cod/Yarmouth Port, MA