“rude employee” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608 (Formerly Hotel Worcester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Worcester
Worcester, Massachusetts
“rude employee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

while staying in room 201 from the 23rd to the 26th of December my reservations overlapped which lead to some confusion , although it was a mistake made by the hotel , Jenny, gave me nothing but attitude and made me feel as if it was my fault . She even went as far as to tell me i needed to check out before even looking in to what had happened. Thankfully , Brianna , straightened out the issue and made me feel comfortable . thank you Brianna

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Managua, Nicaragua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed just one night visiting a relative and a friend, the hotel is centrally located close to Clark University and WPI. For the price paid the hotel is comfortable enough, in the category of Hampton Inn, the room was spacious and the beds comfortable, the fitness center is tiny with a few machines and the breakfast is self served and basic but enough to start the day.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Camoto54,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. I am happy to hear that your room was comfortable and that you were able to relax and enjoy yourself. We look forward to having a future opportunity to host your lodging needs the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a reunion-type event at one of the nearby colleges. Overall the stay was pleasant and comfortable. The hotel is in a convenient location and had competitive pricing.

We had a king room; bed was comfortable and even had full-size pillows. All of the room furniture was updated, with a desk and chair, long shelf with drawers, and an armchair. Room also had a refrigerator. The room was very spacious, with more than enough room to move around, especially for only two people. A larger flat screen television was mounted to the wall opposite the bed and featured the standard cable package for the area.

Expanded continental breakfast was included in the stay. It featured cereal, baked goods, eggs and sausage, and a waffle maker along with coffee, juice and milk. Breakfast was served in a nice renovated area on the second level. It became cramped when it was crowded, but it really was a nice area.

The hotel is located just off the highway in the downtown area and close to Union Station. It is adjacent to a 99 Restaurant and Starbucks, but other dining options are within walking distance (Main Street area) or a quick drive away (Shrewsbury Street). Also very close to the DCU Center and Palladium.

I would definitely recommend a stay here if you are looking to be in the Worcester area. Comfortable room, good breakfast, and convenient location make the Holiday Inn Express- Worcester Downtown a good choice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear atm91,

Thank you for your sharing your positive experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many great aspects of your visit. From the comfort of our beds to the convenience of location and expanded complimentary breakfast. These are the desired comments we hope to hear from our satisfied guests on a daily basis.

I hope that you will again choose to stay with us in the future when your travels bring you in or around the Worcester area.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is conveniently located and easily accessible for travelers. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The breakfast was a nice surprise, with many options and a super friendly staff member who offered any assistance needed. There was plenty of room for everyone to sit and feel comfortable. I thought the elevators were a tad slow so I used the stairs for my 3rd floor room, but I didn't mind. The restaurant just to the back of the hotel is close and convenient for dinner - nice for business travel so you don't have to crawl back in the rental car! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem quieter for sure; Ask for a room not next to the stairwell or elevator chute.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear JspencerCO,

Thank you for your 4 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. The team and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience. From our complimentary Express Start breakfast to the many dining options just outside our front door. Most of all, I appreciate your recognizing the friendliness of our staff. We take great pride in providing excellent guest service.

We look forward to hosting your future lodging needs in downtown Worcester.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Glenda and Tiny were very pleasant in the dining area for breakfast. They created excitement with the pancake maker. They had people lined up for a demonstration. I think it brightens everyones day. Both were very good with names as I eating breakfest, they would say hello to the regular by name. They also saw that I was looking for an access code for the wifi....Instead of letting me go up to my room to go get the code, they came over and told it to me. Everyone is always smiling which is nice Whatever they can do for you, they will.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Sean H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Tiny and Glenda thank you for the positive feedback as well. It is always our goal to provide the very best guest service possible, and I am thrilled to hear that it sounds like you had a fantastic breakfast experience.

I hope you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been in the hotel for one night so far, clean and quite, room interior is really comfortable, I arrived at 23:40 2/12/2014 and the receptionist checked me in within 2 minutes and I was finally resting in my room after a 20 hrs trip, breakfast was very nice, Tiny and Glenda on the 2nd floor buffet were very helpful and nice and the cheese omelets were to die for and the pancakes are just perfect.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Ahmed S,

Thank you very much for your great review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. My team and I thank you for taking the time to share some points regarding your experience. We are so happy to hear that you had a quick check in, great breakfast and were served by some fantastic member of our staff. I am also glad to hear that your room was so clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope you have a safe trip home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great staff who are helpful and courteous. i had a comfortable stay and overall very nice experience! :)

They have a shuttle from the union station to the hotel which is very convenient. It was also within walking distance from the place I needed to get to for an interview so that was another plus.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Niyati B,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating! If you ever find yourself in Worcester again in the future, it would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Jonathan Buck

Been to Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown? Share your experiences!