“Problems not addressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   110 Summer Street, Worcester, MA 01608 (Formerly Hotel Worcester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Worcester
“Problems not addressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I must say that Brittney was very nice and helpful. The problem was my room. The air/didn't work and the unit was extremely loud. I was here on business and it was important for me to sleep. After the first night I asked that it be addressed. The second night it was just as bad. Very loud and no air was circulated. I was hot and woke with a headache. At checkout there was a young man who was neither friendly or helpful. No "how was your stay" or "thank you for staying with us" I left very disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Aimeev3495,

I want to first sincerely apologize that we failed to properly rectify this issue for you the first time you reported it to the hotel staff. I can certainly understand how frustrated you were to come back to a problem that should have been resolved. Second, I'm sorry that you found our front desk clerk to not be as welcoming as he should have been. I would like to know more about your visit ie dates of stay, and room number. If you would be so kind as to call me at 508-757-0400, or email me at jbuck@globalvisionhotels.com it would be extremely helpful in determining what went wrong, who was involved and how we can use this as an example to avoid similar occurrences in the future.

I appreciate you taking the time to share this information, and please know it will be addressed internally. I hope you will re-consider and give us another opportunity to serve you in the future when your travels bring you to Worcester.

Warm Regards,

Jonathan Buck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The bride's brother booked a block of rooms here for people going to the wedding. Just off Interstate 290, very comfortable beds, nice full breakfast, friendly staff, reasonably priced. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi KathyinCostaRica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our location ideal for your event.

I hope you consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester Mass!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The pros: Reasonable price, satisfactory rooms, free breakfast, most staff was helpful with the problems that could be addressed, Starbucks next door.

The cons: Two rooms were on different floors even though reserved together a year in advance on the first day they had taken reservations for graduation weekend. One was a handicapped room and the other was supposed to have a cot, but had a crib (!) instead and was next to the elevator.
Tiny window (not that there's anything to see.)
Alarm went off at 6am (when they prepare rooms, why can't hotels ever check to make sure those things are off?)
Security bolt slid shut and locked me out of my room (never had *that* happen before), and the key cards didn't work another time.
Not sure about those hockey pucks they call omelets in the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Check in time may affect the choice of rooms you get.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear tlevien,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent visit at our Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I'm happy to hear that you found the hotel to be reasonably priced, with satisfactory rooms and our location to be so convenient to the local eateries.

I apologize that some areas of your experience could have been better. We always attempt to satisfy all requests on reservations, however, the graduation weekend which you stayed with us is the busiest weekend of the year. My apologies that your requests were not granted. I will review with my team the importance of granting these requests when they appear on future reservations. Additionally, I was made aware of the latch issue with your room. This rarely does happen, and when it does, our staff has been trained on how to resolve this issue in a timely manner. I would welcome additional feedback about our breakfast that we could forward onto the brand for consideration.Please feel free to email me directly at jbuck@globalvisionhotels.com and I will make sure that they are passed along to the proper person at the corporate level.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Worcester Massachusetts.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed last week for 3 nights while on business in Berlin-Boylston. The two ladies at the front desk were especially cheerful and welcoming. I commented that they were lucky to be required to wear such cute uniforms. The colors matched their positive attitudes. When we asked for restaurant recommendations they wasted no time sharing a typed list of at least 12 choices and then proceeded to suggest their favorites. We ate at the top three suggested and enjoyed some terrific meals while visiting Worcester. My room (404) is modern with relatively new furnishings and included a fridge.

The gentleman managing the front desk at 5:15 AM was kind enough to give me a route that would be acceptable for a morning walk. I took 2, 3 mile walks very early in the morning and felt safe walking the streets in this city. Every evening we walked to our restaurant destinations. This hotel is in a nice, central location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear cmclauss,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive service experience in our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with a best in class experience on a daily basis. Our recent efforts of training our staff to always exceed out guests expectations appear to be paying off. And yes, I myself are a big fan of a professional and fun looking front desk uniform, so I am happy to hear that you liked them as well.

I hope that next time you are in need of lodging in Worcester, I am personally able to provide you with additional dinning recommendations as Worcester does have some great choices!

Thanks again for staying with us and for sharing a little bit about your recent visit with the TripAdvisor community.

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel; decor is updated, beds comfortable, very nice complimentary breakfast (especially liked the decor of the breakfast area but wished they had provided granola cereal as one of the choices). My only complaints were that the bathroom was quite small and cramped and could have been cleaner (dirt buildup in the corners, etc.) The front desk staff was courteous and friendly and there is an office area right off the front lobby with free internet/computer use and printers. I was concerned with all the hospitals in the area that we would be kept awake from ambulance sirens - but I slept quite well and did not hear any outside noise the entire night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear ERT22,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown during your recent visit to Worcester. I am delighted that you took the time to share some feedback regarding your recent experience. I apologize that our we failed to provide a sparkling bathroom, but will use this feedback to ensure that we put an emphasis on bathroom cleanliness in the future. I am happy to let you know that although we did not have granola during your recent visit, this is something that per your feedback I will be adding to our offerings in the future. I am glad to hear that you found our front desk agents to be friendly and polite as our service, and a good night of rest is always our top priority.

We hope to see you again the next time you have a need to stay overnight in our city in the future.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

As a District Manager (Portsmouth, NH) who has travelled all over the Northeast & Midwest, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Worcester, MA Downtown (110 Summer St.). Easy on/off from I-290, very friendly and helpful staff, clean, big rooms where a person on business can really spread out. Great set up all around for conducting business-good breakfast along w/convenient 99 Restaurant and Starbucks next door. All the staff is very friendly-makes staying in Worcester an easy decision. Plan on trying out the Conference/Board Room in May.

Room Tip: The rooms I have been in have all been mostly the same.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Cronan S,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am so very happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient, our staff to be friendly and personable and our rooms as clean as you expect. We too hope that we can accommodate a future meeting in our newly renovated meeting space.

We appreciate your feedback and value your business. I hope we can continue to serve you well into the future.

Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Holiday Inn express is usually a great value. This location was sub par and less than clean. The cleaning crew did not choose to look behind the bathroom door when they cleaned, hair and dust on the floor. The lock on the room door and been previously busted open and you could see where it was literally glued back on and so it was difficult to open, and I thought they could be potentially dangerous in the case of a fire. The black out curtains did not fit the window letting in very bright light at night. The green light in the hallway was also very bright and shone under the door into the room, The bathroom sink had an extremely slow drain causing high water in the sink, the bar soap they provided was detergent like, sheets were wrinkled, and the breakfast was pretty awful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear TeriV18 -

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. Although it is our goal to provide a "best in class" product, it sounds as though your experience left you somewhat dissatisfied, and I would like to first apologize for this. My team and I will address the concerns you expressed which include some guest room comfort issues, slow draining plumbing, as well as the broken door lock. I will also review the quality of the soap and the breakfast bar as well.

Thank you again for making us aware of these deficiencies. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

Jonathan Buck

Been to Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown? Share your experiences!