“You can do better !!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Worcester
West Chester, PA
“You can do better !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It is 230 in the morning and there are multiple rooms of very LOUD people having just returned from partying. They have been LOUD for the last hour. They probably did not mind the parking lot littered with cigarette butts down a street paved with crumbled aged asphalt.
We knew it was a mistake when we pulled up. We had driven 7 hours and had made the reservation on line based on a great stay at another quality inn.
There was a sign at the front desk that the clerk would be back soon. About 5 minutes later a very nice young man showed up. He gave us a room on the 3rd floor and apologized for the lack of an elevator. We trudged up the stairs and were greeted by the strong cigarette smell in our "non smoking" room. The smoke detector was covered in plastic, there must have been lots of smoking going on!!
A small bug landed on my sons finger. He crushed it and found it full of blood. We checked for bedbugs and all looked clean although the sheets had tears in them.
The room was clean, it was under $100, but we will not return.

• Stayed August 2013
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Anne_PA004:

First and foremost, team at Quality Inn & Suites would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I personally would like to apologize for what you have gone through. This is atypical for us and I would like to do the best I can to win you back. Feel free to contact me at dquill@globalvisionhotels.com to further discuss.

Thank you kindly.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cedar Falls Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn many years ago and was in town again for a meeting. Decided to stay here due to proximity to my work and it was less pricey than some of the other hotels. I read the reviews online and was a little wary but when I checked in I was surprised as the room looked new. It was clean and the staff was friendly. There were free appetisers in the lobby in the evening by Texas Road House. The lobby looks nice although it is a little small. Plenty of breakfast options. I stayed on the ground floor. Found a Target and Gap close by and ate sushi at Kyoto. Several restaurant options next to the hotel.
TIP: free parking, free Internet, free hot breakfast, free evening snacks, bottled water

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear W716SBMariaM:

First and foremost, thank you so much for staying with us again and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We do appreciate feedbacks from every valued guest so that we could rectify the concerns and keep up the momentum to continue wowing you.

The entire team is glad that you enjoyed all of the complimentary amenities we provide and not to mention, we are only a few minutes walk to 24-hr Denny's, Kohls, Starbucks inside Barnes and Nobles, traditional All-American diner, just to name a few in addition to the shops and restaurants that you visited.

Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Stamford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Visited Worcester while looking at colleges and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Check in went smooth and our room was very clean and i liked the fact that I could open up the window. Not something you can do at most hotels.
Breakfast was fine but the highlight for me was the evening activity that they had from a local restaurant Texas Road House. I received an invitation letter from the front desk! Great food and had a manager in the lobby speaking to us and asking us how our stay is going.
Although not downtown Worcester we were closer to the grocery store and several outdoor malls which we could walk to from the hotel.

Great stay overall!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room when you make your reservation if you have a lot of luggage as there is n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eutonn:

Team at Quality Inn & Suites would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are very glad that you enjoyed our corporate happy hour event. We will make sure to change up different menus weekly so that you get to enjoy more on your next visit.

Looking forward to seeing you soon again!

Cape San Blas, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was up in central mass visiting my family and I stumbled upon this hotel. It was clean, not at all luxurious, but definitely served the purpose of a hassle-free night stay with a friendly and helpful agent at the desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear A_E_A_E07:

Team at Quality Inn & Suites are very delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. This will only motivate us to go above and beyond. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we are looking forward to serving you again the next time you are in town.

Lincoln, new brunswick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you have read my previous reviews, you will see I am not a very picky man nor do I ask for much. This time, it was too much.

This hotel should be torn down to the beams and rebuilt to better standards. Here's a rundown of what we experienced. Arrived on a Friday night, driving on a road that has noting but patches on it.
The gentleman that booked us in was very pleasant, I can't complain there. This is where I complain. Hotel is old, smells weird, 3 stories tall with no elevators. We were of course, on the 3rd level. Once in the room, the hotel hell started. There were holes in the carpet, holes in the bedsheets , the patio door didn't really lock, there were, wait for it, BOOGERS on the wall besides the toilet.

They had been there for quite a while since they looked dry. In the corner of the bathtub/shower, there was a soap bar that had been left there by a guest at one point since it was covered in hotel dust. Phone was dirty, so much that my wife had to wipe it with baby wipes.

The first floor where the complimentary breakfast was held, stunk to high heavens. I think we found where Jimmy Hoffa was buried!!!!

I will NEVER go back to that hotel unless it is redone from scratch. I feel bad for the staff because they were very pleasant. I should have read the reviews before staying there. I am sure everything negative about it is true.

Also, you can't really sleep because of the noise. The rooms are far from being sound proof.

Room Tip: I don't think you should stay there. It is beyond repairs at this point. Pay a little bit more f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear The_Dany:

Thank you for your time sharing your feedback with us.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are as frustrated and shocked as you are since this situation is atypical for us.

I would like to further discuss with you on this matter personally. Please contact dquill@globalvisionhotels.com and I will be more than happy speak with you in order to win you back.

Debra Quill

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lesson: When the clerk says "If you want to pay cash you have to leave an extra $50 deposit" - leave now!

Although I use my cc for hotels this is now a huge Red Flag. In hindsight we were too tired to notice at checkin.

Even though I thought I was tired when I arrived, I was totally exhausted by the time the ham fisted housekeeper hammered on our door at 9:30AM and shouted (no really - shouted!) "housekeeping" at each door down the hallway.

The staff did not know which rooms contained guests - so decided to inconveience all of their "guests" in each room by waking the up to see if anyone was in residence - the heck with 11am checkout.

That would not have been so bad if their 'clientele' from Suburban Extended Stay side of building had not caused massive disturbances all night till 4AM. Drunken, swearing underage teens yelling at each other and into their phones as they 'partied' the night away - in the halls on the motel side. Loud Rap music from big bass boxes in crappy loud cars driven by more drunkards who seemed to be arriving all night.

Requests for quiet were met with profanity, immaturity and drunken disregard for others. I seriously considered making a 'knock yer teeth out' example out of one or two of mouthy little punks as the management did not respond for hours. Luckily Canadians distain the use of firearms or I'd be getting ready to do 25 to life!

The room was actually very nice and clean. However, the sign saying Pesticides in Use across and down the hall did not inspire confidence.

A 'supervisor' and loud mouthed housekeeper came by at 9:45 to explain why they had to wake us up - because they did not know which rooms were occupied. I asked why they would not just wait another 1.5 hours until checkout time when the 'guests' would have checked out instead inconveniencing ALL their paying customers. She seemed to stupid to understand this. She then explained that the dront sesk day clerk would arrange a 20% discount . I laughed in her face and told her that i would nor be paying and would reverse any cc charges as unauthorized. she explained that they were 'not allowed' to give away rooms for free.

The only saving grace was the front desk day clerk who did not argue and apologized profusely.

(Low) Quality Inn you are off the list.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Zmacaholic,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to personally discuss with you further to win you back. Please feel free to contact me anytime at dquill@globalvisionhotels.com.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my family, because it was the only hotel that was reasonably priced, and had vacancies. I should've known better when the guy kept telling us that, "if we were paying in cash we needed to put down a deposit," but it was 4am and we were all extremely tired of driving, so we decided to stay. We rented a room on the 3rd floor, and they don't have a elevator, so that wasn't fun, and when you combine that with the fact that it is confusing to navigate, because there are actually 2 separate hotels (the one side is for extended stay) it made for a miserable check-in and out. When we got into the room it appeared to be decent, well compared to the sketchy outside appearance it was quite pleasant, but the room was 90 degrees and the air barely worked. The fun didn't start until we climbed in bed. I wasn't in bed 10 minutes when something started to bit me! Once again it's past 4am and I'd been up since 7am the day before, so I told myself it was the fabric of the sheets making me itch, and I went to sleep. I awoke to my wife telling me something had been biting her and the baby all night. We told the lady at checkout about what happend, and that they may have a bedbug problem, and she said, "we've never had a problem," and "housekeeping would look into it." Then she handed us a bill for $81. $81 to get eaten by bedbugs for 7 hours! I wish I could go back and spend the extra $30 to stay at a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Worcester.

Please contact me at dquill@globalvisionhotels.com to further discuss this issue.

Thank you kindly!

Debra Quill

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Worcester? Share your experiences!