“Convenient and comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Worcester
Cape San Blas, Florida
“Convenient and comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was up in central mass visiting my family and I stumbled upon this hotel. It was clean, not at all luxurious, but definitely served the purpose of a hassle-free night stay with a friendly and helpful agent at the desk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear A_E_A_E07:

Team at Quality Inn & Suites are very delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. This will only motivate us to go above and beyond. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and we are looking forward to serving you again the next time you are in town.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln, new brunswick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you have read my previous reviews, you will see I am not a very picky man nor do I ask for much. This time, it was too much.

This hotel should be torn down to the beams and rebuilt to better standards. Here's a rundown of what we experienced. Arrived on a Friday night, driving on a road that has noting but patches on it.
The gentleman that booked us in was very pleasant, I can't complain there. This is where I complain. Hotel is old, smells weird, 3 stories tall with no elevators. We were of course, on the 3rd level. Once in the room, the hotel hell started. There were holes in the carpet, holes in the bedsheets , the patio door didn't really lock, there were, wait for it, BOOGERS on the wall besides the toilet.

They had been there for quite a while since they looked dry. In the corner of the bathtub/shower, there was a soap bar that had been left there by a guest at one point since it was covered in hotel dust. Phone was dirty, so much that my wife had to wipe it with baby wipes.

The first floor where the complimentary breakfast was held, stunk to high heavens. I think we found where Jimmy Hoffa was buried!!!!

I will NEVER go back to that hotel unless it is redone from scratch. I feel bad for the staff because they were very pleasant. I should have read the reviews before staying there. I am sure everything negative about it is true.

Also, you can't really sleep because of the noise. The rooms are far from being sound proof.

Room Tip: I don't think you should stay there. It is beyond repairs at this point. Pay a little bit more f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear The_Dany:

Thank you for your time sharing your feedback with us.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We are as frustrated and shocked as you are since this situation is atypical for us.

I would like to further discuss with you on this matter personally. Please contact dquill@globalvisionhotels.com and I will be more than happy speak with you in order to win you back.

Debra Quill

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lesson: When the clerk says "If you want to pay cash you have to leave an extra $50 deposit" - leave now!

Although I use my cc for hotels this is now a huge Red Flag. In hindsight we were too tired to notice at checkin.

Even though I thought I was tired when I arrived, I was totally exhausted by the time the ham fisted housekeeper hammered on our door at 9:30AM and shouted (no really - shouted!) "housekeeping" at each door down the hallway.

The staff did not know which rooms contained guests - so decided to inconveience all of their "guests" in each room by waking the up to see if anyone was in residence - the heck with 11am checkout.

That would not have been so bad if their 'clientele' from Suburban Extended Stay side of building had not caused massive disturbances all night till 4AM. Drunken, swearing underage teens yelling at each other and into their phones as they 'partied' the night away - in the halls on the motel side. Loud Rap music from big bass boxes in crappy loud cars driven by more drunkards who seemed to be arriving all night.

Requests for quiet were met with profanity, immaturity and drunken disregard for others. I seriously considered making a 'knock yer teeth out' example out of one or two of mouthy little punks as the management did not respond for hours. Luckily Canadians distain the use of firearms or I'd be getting ready to do 25 to life!

The room was actually very nice and clean. However, the sign saying Pesticides in Use across and down the hall did not inspire confidence.

A 'supervisor' and loud mouthed housekeeper came by at 9:45 to explain why they had to wake us up - because they did not know which rooms were occupied. I asked why they would not just wait another 1.5 hours until checkout time when the 'guests' would have checked out instead inconveniencing ALL their paying customers. She seemed to stupid to understand this. She then explained that the dront sesk day clerk would arrange a 20% discount . I laughed in her face and told her that i would nor be paying and would reverse any cc charges as unauthorized. she explained that they were 'not allowed' to give away rooms for free.

The only saving grace was the front desk day clerk who did not argue and apologized profusely.

(Low) Quality Inn you are off the list.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Zmacaholic,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to personally discuss with you further to win you back. Please feel free to contact me anytime at dquill@globalvisionhotels.com.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my family, because it was the only hotel that was reasonably priced, and had vacancies. I should've known better when the guy kept telling us that, "if we were paying in cash we needed to put down a deposit," but it was 4am and we were all extremely tired of driving, so we decided to stay. We rented a room on the 3rd floor, and they don't have a elevator, so that wasn't fun, and when you combine that with the fact that it is confusing to navigate, because there are actually 2 separate hotels (the one side is for extended stay) it made for a miserable check-in and out. When we got into the room it appeared to be decent, well compared to the sketchy outside appearance it was quite pleasant, but the room was 90 degrees and the air barely worked. The fun didn't start until we climbed in bed. I wasn't in bed 10 minutes when something started to bit me! Once again it's past 4am and I'd been up since 7am the day before, so I told myself it was the fabric of the sheets making me itch, and I went to sleep. I awoke to my wife telling me something had been biting her and the baby all night. We told the lady at checkout about what happend, and that they may have a bedbug problem, and she said, "we've never had a problem," and "housekeeping would look into it." Then she handed us a bill for $81. $81 to get eaten by bedbugs for 7 hours! I wish I could go back and spend the extra $30 to stay at a cleaner hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with the housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Worcester.

Please contact me at dquill@globalvisionhotels.com to further discuss this issue.

Thank you kindly!

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed one night with my family I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area.The rooms were plenty big and clean, buffet breakfast was very good great wi-fi ,nice pool kids enjoy themselves.. staff were very outstanding Tom and Jeremy accommodated me with my needs thank you guys great job!!!YES I WOULD STAY AGAIN SEE YOU PRETTY SOON!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Dailyly:

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We enjoyed seeing our pool pictures and thought it was a great touch. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Tanner Tin
Sales Manager
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I found my stay at this hotel to be satisfactory in physical amenities and excellent in customer service. I was in Worcester for a conference with my group. The location was quite convenient since it was about two miles from the conference. Confusion over billing was swiftly resolved and any questions I had were swiftly answered by the staff. The breakfast room was a little crowded, but the staff let us use another breakfast room for our lunch and dinner event, which was incredibly considerate and helpful.

Overall, I had a lovely stay at this hotel and will use this hotel again when I return to the Worcester area next spring.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tanner T, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Light_Traveler1551:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind thoughts on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again next spring!

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was very fortunate in finding this hotel as it strove to work for me and my field work needs. A cheerfully effective staff again and again made me feel at home and accommodated my scheduling needs. Very clean rooms with some nice flourishes done by housekeeping lifted my spirits. The power breakfasts carried me well into demanding days. I was offered a corporate program by Tanner that made this a cost-effective value wrapped in the warm hospitality of Jenn, Jeremy, "Sonny" Baltazar, and many others. What a great team! I look forward to staying with you again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andrew H:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Debra Quill

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Worcester? Share your experiences!