Lesson: When the clerk says "If you want to pay cash you have to leave an extra $50 deposit" - leave now!
Although I use my cc for hotels this is now a huge Red Flag. In hindsight we were too tired to notice at checkin.
Even though I thought I was tired when I arrived, I was totally exhausted by the time the ham fisted housekeeper hammered on our door at 9:30AM and shouted (no really - shouted!) "housekeeping" at each door down the hallway.
The staff did not know which rooms contained guests - so decided to inconveience all of their "guests" in each room by waking the up to see if anyone was in residence - the heck with 11am checkout.
That would not have been so bad if their 'clientele' from Suburban Extended Stay side of building had not caused massive disturbances all night till 4AM. Drunken, swearing underage teens yelling at each other and into their phones as they 'partied' the night away - in the halls on the motel side. Loud Rap music from big bass boxes in crappy loud cars driven by more drunkards who seemed to be arriving all night.
Requests for quiet were met with profanity, immaturity and drunken disregard for others. I seriously considered making a 'knock yer teeth out' example out of one or two of mouthy little punks as the management did not respond for hours. Luckily Canadians distain the use of firearms or I'd be getting ready to do 25 to life!
The room was actually very nice and clean. However, the sign saying Pesticides in Use across and down the hall did not inspire confidence.
A 'supervisor' and loud mouthed housekeeper came by at 9:45 to explain why they had to wake us up - because they did not know which rooms were occupied. I asked why they would not just wait another 1.5 hours until checkout time when the 'guests' would have checked out instead inconveniencing ALL their paying customers. She seemed to stupid to understand this. She then explained that the dront sesk day clerk would arrange a 20% discount . I laughed in her face and told her that i would nor be paying and would reverse any cc charges as unauthorized. she explained that they were 'not allowed' to give away rooms for free.
The only saving grace was the front desk day clerk who did not argue and apologized profusely.
(Low) Quality Inn you are off the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Quality Inn & Suites WorcesterCountry Charm City Convenience The Quality Inn and Suites is the perfect destination for business and leisure travelers visiting the many business, educational, entertainment and recreation venues of central Massachusetts.Offering easy access to the DCU Center, UMASS Medical Center, government and military installations, and downtown cultural attractions, the Quality Inn and Suites, Worcester is the ideal choice for all your business or leisure travel needs.Choose from our comfortable hotel rooms or spacious well furnished suites with full size kitchens and appliances, and then let our enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff ensure your comfort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Worcester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Worcester Hotel Worcester
- Quality Inn And Suites Worcester
- Quality Inn Worcester
- Quality Inn Hotel Worcester
- Worcester Quality Inn