“Very good budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Worcester
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Very good budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed one night while my wife went to the hospital. Room was clean and up to date. Had coffee server, TV in room. Lobby had 24 hour coffee available. The included morning buffet had cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice, toast, bagels and donuts, all delicious. Staff was courteous and pleasant. Will stay again next month.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Greetings Dino:

First and foremost, team at the Quality Inn & Suites Worcester would like to thank you very much and it was a great pleasure providing you and your family the quality service you much deserve. In addition to our wonderful breakfast, we now offer crispy bacons, choices of cheese cubes, and also a 24-hour lemonade or ice tea service. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Tanner Tin
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
phila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This property has the potential to be top notch, preferred traveler destination. The facility appears to be well maintained and clean; the room was essentially spotless when I checked in. Every staff member that I encountered (particularly night clerk jenn) was friendly and attentive. Housekeeping is 5 star. While repetitive, the breakfast was more than adequate. I can live with the entrance road since the hotel has no control over that. The location is good with restaurants and shopping within easy travel. The lack of an elevator is an interesting quirk. I was satisfied with the accommodations once I was in my room. At this price point it is hands down winner.... except....
In my opinion the owners need to decide how to manage the "clientele" residing on the other side of the building at the Suburban Extended Stay. During a three day stay I was asked to use my cell phone every day; I witnessed 1 incident of a near assault after a verbal altercation, the language which was used (loudly and repetitively) at the very least made the 7 words you can't say on television tame, along with kicking of the door of an automobile. Not to mention the cluster of smokers holding guard at the front door to the hotel. I was not intimidated but I would not want to expose children to this behavior. Perhaps an aggressive security detail or elimination of the Extended Stay - definitely would raise the satisfaction of this property.
I can recommend the accommodations, not the environment.

Room Tip: ONLY THE SECOND FLOOR - Avoid floor 1, don't climb the steps to the 3rd.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for a wonderful and insightful comment. We, as a team, are working very hard to be the "top notch preferred traveler destination". We have acknowledged our night auditor, Jenn's success story and the whole Housekeeping team is very glad to hear that you had a great stay. We all are looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you once again for havig to witness our progess and hope to see you again soon.

Tanner Tin
Sales Manager
Newburgh, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was a cheap hotel- at a cheap price. "Average" compared to this type of hotel. You get what you pay for. You want a nicer hotel, be willing to pay for a better place! OK location, OK food, OK room. For the price- what do you want?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Greetings Ann:
The team at the Quality Inn Worcester would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with our hotel. We are happy that you found our accomodations satisfactory and hope to see you the next time your are in Worcester.

Corporate Director of Sales and Revenue
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Reception staff horrendous. Didn't tell me there was no elevator and watched me wander around with two young kids and a cart obviously looking for one. When I asked they said no elevator. I asked for the stairs and they sent me to the ones farthest away from my room. The room stunk of smoke and was pretty grim. Around the corner from my room I found a door with a ramp to the car park. I told the receptionist about this and she said "oh yeh there is". Everyone is miserable there and it's just awful. Don't go there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greetings:

On behalf of the Team at the Quality Inn Worcester MA, i would like to apologise for the severe inconsistencies in service that you experienced during your recent stay with us. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with our General Manager and Front Desk manager and we will ensure that this is dealt with immediately.

We do hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the Worcester market. We thank you for the feedback.

Corporate Director of Sales and Revenue

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel during our business trip to Worcester.Large rooms were clean and cosy with flat screen TV.Had a work out at its fitness room and even managed a swim during our short stay.Breakfast was sumptuous with two types of eggs and sausages.Kids had fun.We found front desk persons very helpful and friendly.Hotel,we were told,was recently renovated.

Room Tip: Take room on 3 floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Greetings:

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you the great review of our property. I will go ahead and share your great feedback with our team. We have put alot of work into our renovation and we appreciate you taking time to voice your approval.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Worcester area.
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I found this hotel to be average, the road leading to it however was horrible. The large rooms were clean, the breakfast was above average, nice staff. The pool closed a little earlier than I like @ 8pm.

Room Tip: The pool is Waaaay in the back if you want to go swimming, ask for a close room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Greetings Steven:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with our property. We appreciate the feedback and we will ensure that we share your feedback with team especially our breakfast and room attendants.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Corporate Director of Sales
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I almost cancelled my 3 day trip after reading the reviews when I booked through Hotwire's hot rate, which is non-refundable. My husband talked me into going and if it was really horrible, we would leave. I'm glad we didn't cancel.

I would like to address all the negatives comments that almost made me cancel.

1. Yes, there are two hotels, one is the Quality Inn where we stayed, and the other is the extended stay Surburan where they do house families on public assistance. I was upset when I found out about this, because Hotwire did not mention this before I booked and I believed this should have been. That said, there were no problems regarding this and no one dealing drugs as was mentioned in one of the negative reviews. I did not feel the areama was a "ghetto" nor did we feel unsafe.

2. The road leading to the hotel is a little bumpy, but this is probably a county road not their private road. Their driveway was nicely paved. If you have ever driven in New York City in the winter --- you would laugh at calling these potholes.

3. There is no elevator so if you don't like climbing stairs - this is not the place for you.

4, They do need new mattresses, or they need to install pillow tops on them -- they are way too firm.

The positives

1. Price is right if you are looking for a clean room for sleeping only and not much in the amenities. I would not consider it an extended vacation hotel.

2. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was looking for a cup of coffee in the evening, and the front desk made a pot for me.

3. The breakfast area was clean and had an assortment from cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausages, bagels, muffins, and donuts plus coffee and juices. I had not been expecting this and it was a pleasant surprise.

All in all. If I was in the area again -- I would consider staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Katlope:

Thank you for your detailed and fair review of our property. We have divided our property into two hotels:
The Quality inn Worcester which house transient guests and The Suburban Extended Stay which house family and companies with long term needs.
We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and our breakfast presentation.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Corporate Sales

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Worcester? Share your experiences!