“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Worcester
San Francisco, California
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel during our business trip to Worcester.Large rooms were clean and cosy with flat screen TV.Had a work out at its fitness room and even managed a swim during our short stay.Breakfast was sumptuous with two types of eggs and sausages.Kids had fun.We found front desk persons very helpful and friendly.Hotel,we were told,was recently renovated.

Room Tip: Take room on 3 floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Greetings:

On behalf of the management and staff I would like to thank you the great review of our property. I will go ahead and share your great feedback with our team. We have put alot of work into our renovation and we appreciate you taking time to voice your approval.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Worcester area.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I found this hotel to be average, the road leading to it however was horrible. The large rooms were clean, the breakfast was above average, nice staff. The pool closed a little earlier than I like @ 8pm.

Room Tip: The pool is Waaaay in the back if you want to go swimming, ask for a close room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Greetings Steven:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with our property. We appreciate the feedback and we will ensure that we share your feedback with team especially our breakfast and room attendants.
We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Corporate Director of Sales
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I almost cancelled my 3 day trip after reading the reviews when I booked through Hotwire's hot rate, which is non-refundable. My husband talked me into going and if it was really horrible, we would leave. I'm glad we didn't cancel.

I would like to address all the negatives comments that almost made me cancel.

1. Yes, there are two hotels, one is the Quality Inn where we stayed, and the other is the extended stay Surburan where they do house families on public assistance. I was upset when I found out about this, because Hotwire did not mention this before I booked and I believed this should have been. That said, there were no problems regarding this and no one dealing drugs as was mentioned in one of the negative reviews. I did not feel the areama was a "ghetto" nor did we feel unsafe.

2. The road leading to the hotel is a little bumpy, but this is probably a county road not their private road. Their driveway was nicely paved. If you have ever driven in New York City in the winter --- you would laugh at calling these potholes.

3. There is no elevator so if you don't like climbing stairs - this is not the place for you.

4, They do need new mattresses, or they need to install pillow tops on them -- they are way too firm.

The positives

1. Price is right if you are looking for a clean room for sleeping only and not much in the amenities. I would not consider it an extended vacation hotel.

2. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was looking for a cup of coffee in the evening, and the front desk made a pot for me.

3. The breakfast area was clean and had an assortment from cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausages, bagels, muffins, and donuts plus coffee and juices. I had not been expecting this and it was a pleasant surprise.

All in all. If I was in the area again -- I would consider staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings Katlope:

Thank you for your detailed and fair review of our property. We have divided our property into two hotels:
The Quality inn Worcester which house transient guests and The Suburban Extended Stay which house family and companies with long term needs.
We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and our breakfast presentation.

We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Philadelphia area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I chose this motel because I was traveling with my dog and it allows pets. The area was not terrible, but the whole place was kind of creepy. It was a very hot day, and I was told my room was 315 and on the 3d floor. I made several trips up and down stairs, down long corridors, etc., all the time with my dog hot and thirsty. ON the 3d try, a man from the front desk told me I was in the wrong hotel. What ? Is this possible? Well, it turns out that part of the hotel is a Quality Inn with no elevators and part of the building is some kind of extended stay place that appeared to resemble subsidized housing of some kind. Then the key wouldn't work, so my dog was left in the room while I had to run up and down again and have a new key made by the employees in the extended stay part of the operation. Truly weird. The advertising online said there were 3 restaurants adjacent. False. There was a nursing home nearby but it was necessary to drive out to the strip to a Wendy's and bring something back to the room. I could not get out of there fast enough and ended up sleeping, showering, walking my dog and taking off at 6 am.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
The team at The Quality Inn Worcester would like to apologise for the issues in service you experienced during you recent stay at our property.
We will go ahead and share your letter with our staff to ensure that we do your issues are resolved.
We hope to see you again in the very near future

Corporate Director of Sales

Travelers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Schenectady, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

OMG... This place should be shut down by the board of health. First when i drove in a long driveway which you should have a truck or 4x4 since full of pot holes and not fit for a car to drive, When I checked in rather late I wa told my room was on the 3rd floor since they were the nicer rooms for Choice Member because they were nicer rooms. The I was told there were no elevators, remind you, not a place you would want to leave anything in your car. Well I was very tired to I dragged my stuff to the third floor, when I open the door to climb the stairs it smelt horrible. When I open the door to the third floor the windows were wide open at each end of the hallways, no screen or anything to prevent someone fro falling put, or stop animals or insect from entering. Then openned the door to my room that looked nice mattress was cheap and hard as a rock. Well now it late and I had to be up in 4 hours, well when I got up and got in shower the shower curtain was soiled which looked like blood really gross, also the top of the shower you could see that they had painted over dirt and grime. Well I knew I had wasted my money and had to check out. On my way out the windows at each end of hall way were still wide open, so I stopped on second floor and the windows were also wide open. I checked out and drove 7 moles checked in comfort inn best thing I did...

Room Tip: Drive by save your money and stress.. DO NOT STOP!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

Greetings:

On behalf of the management and staff of the Quality Inn Worcester, I would like to apologise for the issues that occurred during your recent stay with. I have shared your letter with our General Manager and Housekeeping team
We are committed to customer service and we will ensure that we address these issues immediately.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Worcester!
Thank you again for your feedback.

Richard Walker
Corporate Director of Sales and Reveue.
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during our business visit.Hotel is recently done up with new lobby, front office and rooms are nicely done.Breakfast was very sumptuous and service was friendly.We found the staff very helpful with tips about local eatries.Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
rwalker_detroit, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Greetings:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We have recently split our hotel into two properties. The Quality Inn which now accomodates short term stays and The Suburban Extended Stays which accomodate long term guests. Each hotel has its own front desk and staff. The Quality Inn has been completely renovated with a brand new lobby and all of the rooms now boasts flat screen TV's.
We hope to see you again during your next trip to Worcester MA

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Recently went to Worcester for work and stayed here. Hotel is affordable and good quality for what you pay. Front desk staff were friendly and accomodating. As a female travelling alone I was a little leary after reading some reviews however I feel other reviews were exaggerated. I felt safe and was not concerned.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff takes pride in its friendliness and feel rewarded and encouraged by such positive reviews. i will go ahead and share your reviews with our staff.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to Worcester!

Corporate Sales

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Worcester? Share your experiences!