“Absolutely best hotel to stay at for any DCU or surrounding area events.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Worcester

Special Offer
2x Points
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Worcester
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
“Absolutely best hotel to stay at for any DCU or surrounding area events.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is where I stay every year during April for a conference across the street at the DCU center. The hotel is always top notch, and having a Pizzeria Uno downstairs is a huge plus. Rooms are clean and quiet. My #1 choice anytime I'm in Worcester.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am please that you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to take advantageof many of the amenities we have. We certainly look forward to having ou back when your travels bring you back to our great City of Worcester.

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice room, GREAT staff. Super-helpful with recommending various restaurants, diners, hot spots, bars. Good location if you're just in town for the weekend visiting your kids at one of Worcester's many colleges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed yourself while staying with us. Our staff works very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy themselves. I appreciate you taking the time to report back to me as well as many of our future guests.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have never written a review like this before, but the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in Worcester went out of their way to be helpful and supportive. Was in town for a college tour of WPI with my son, and if he does wind up attending WPI I certainly will return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The back side of hotel got a bit noisy late night/early morning with trucks/deliveries etc. -- best...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
WOW!! Thank you for the great feedback, I will be sure to share this with all of our great associates who work very hard to ensure all of our guest are happy. Everyone knows, things happen and our team will ensure that you leave with your expectations being met and hopefully exceeded.

We hope to see you back should you travel back to the Worcester area.
Marshfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was the first time I had been to Worcester and I will have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a convenient downtown location. The refrigerator and microwave were great for heating up leftovers. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I appreciate your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed yourself and it's always nice to hear that our staff did what they are trained to do, that is to take care our you, our valued guest.

We certainly hope you will be back soon, when your travels bring you back to the great City of Worcester.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Worcester HGI is what I come to expect in a Garden Inn, clean comfortable and friendly service. The morning breakfast crew does a great job! I love the omelets. Pizzeria Uno's is attached which makes for a convenient meal or night cap. The hotel can sell out fast if there is an event at the DCU Center which is literally across the street. Besides the DCU Center you are in walking distance to MCPHS, City Hall, Union Station and more. It depends on how brave you feel.
Parking is a bit of a drag. Either use the valet service or go to the parking garage across the street. The last couple of times I stayed here I was on lower floors. I would recommend staying above the 3rd floor if possible to get less street sounds (or dumpster noise if you are in the back).

Room Tip: The higher up the better. face the front (Major Taylor Blvd)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Taveler, thanks for sharing your story! I am glad you enjoyed yourself and I appreciate you commenting on our breakfast staff.

Parking is a challenge, however with our seasonal valet service and loading and unloading located in the rear of the hotel we've simplified it as much as we can. Many guest park in the back or the front, unload and check into the hotel and room and then proceed to the garage.

I hope we will see you again should your travels bring you back to the Worcester area.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for just one night. The hotel is very conveniently located downtown, just a 5-10 minute walk to Union station. It is across the street from the DCU center, which is why I booked this hotel. Check in was very pleasant, the clerk was friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was excellent. Plenty of towels, small toiletries, everything suitable for a short stay. Breakfast in the morning was very good, it costs about $12.95 per person, it is an all you can eat buffet, there were waffles, omelettes, meats, fruit, tea coffee juice. There is a pizzeria Uno's at the hotel. Starbucks is a couple of blocks away. I didn't use the pool, but it looked pretty nice, a bit small, but good enough for a hotel. There were some noisy guests, but this is not the hotel's fault. Overall I would recommend this place to anyone who has to go to Worcester for some time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reporting back on your experience while staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to have you as our guest again.

As you noticed and many other guests have commented on, we have many great amenities including a great restaurant attached to our hotel.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was staying here routinely (every 2-3 weeks) for business in 2011 and 2012, but stopped. The fitness room and pool were getting really grungy. The pool water was opaque and the fitness equipment was getting run down. Plus, the option for cardio was extremely limited and usually busy during peak times. I stopped staying here and went to another hotel instead. That was too bad because I liked the staff, the rooms, the breakfast, etc. I've heard they've made a few fitness upgrades. Can anyone comment? I'm going to try one more time in a couple of weeks, but wanted to hear from others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Worcester, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear past Guest, I would love to comment regarding your question. As it relates to our fitness center, we have renovated this area, we have new flooring, wall covering, free weights and cardio equipment, all of our guest love the transformation.

In regards to the pool and Spa, we installed a computorized chemical dispensing unit, our pool and spa water are crystal clear. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can assist with your reservation.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Worcester? Share your experiences!