“AMAZING~” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Worcester
“AMAZING~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Awesome atmosphere, food and service!!!!

I can always count on perfect food. Your treated as you regular as if they actually know you. Very welcoming!!!

Luv this place

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Relaxing Pub with Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Although we live local, it had been years since we had visited O'Connor's. I won a gift certificate in a charity raffle and we stopped for a dinner on a Friday night. We sat in the bar/lounge area. The atmosphere is cozy and the decor is fun with an Irish motif everywhere. Our server was pleasant and upbeat. The menu had a lot of choices that sounded appealing - my husband had a lobster roll that he enjoyed and I had a very tasty butternut ravioli dish. The chicken vegetable pot pie and a macaroni and cheese dish on the menu were also very tempting - we will be back when the weather turns cooler! The beer and drink selection here was plentiful and the dessert menu also seemed to have some great choices. We were pleased we gave O'Connor's a try.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“A great place for a meal and a drink.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been to O'Connor's many times, when it was pretty busy and when it was really busy, and I've always had good food and good service in a great atmosphere. It's a jovial sort of place, decorated in a fascinating way, abounding in unusual dishes, but not neglectful of those with tamer tastes. Brendan and Claire are wonderful as host and hostess. If you really want a treat, try the scotch egg. We moved closer to it recently and we frequently get takeout too.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“O,Connors restaurant & Bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Excellent food & service. Very good selection of ales & menu items very varied to accomodate most tastes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
“Always a wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I love O'Connors. When it comes to good service, good food, and a good price, the typical modus operandi for Worcester is that you can have any 2 of those 3. O'Connors is the only restaurant in Worcester I've been to that consistently offers all three. It's the best family restaurant I can think of in the area, and most definitely gives you the best bang for your buck.

I live in the O'Connors neighborhood, walk there for dinner or drinks often, had my wedding rehearsal dinner there, and vote for them as #1 in Worcester every year for the Best of Worcester. It's nice to walk into a restaurant and see the owners behind the counter. Most of the really good places in Worcester are owned by "Restaurant groups", and are pricey. It's nice to see two people dedicate their lives to building one extremely reputable, dependable, wonderful restaurant. Their decades of hard work shows in every aspect of the restaurant.

I'll cover a few highlights since I'm reviewing my many trips there as opposed to one visit:

1) BEER and BOOZE - Tons of selection, and GREAT prices. They always have some good local microbrews on tap to satisfy my IPA fondness. 16 or 20... and they're all usually under 6 bucks a pour (for the 20). Their mixed drinks are always good - awesome Irish coffee. Once I was there for a very early lunch (like 11:00). and I asked the waiter if it was too early to get a beer. He disappeared and came back with Brendan, the owner. He made me repeat my question, at which time they both laughed. Brendan remarked "This is an Irish place. It's NEVER too early for a beer." Point taken. If you can't decide, they'll be happy to pour you a flight of a few beers.

2) FOOD - that menu is ALWAYS changing. But that's OK, because everything they do there is great. Awesome fresh seafood, fantastic Irish staples (like the Guinness Meat Pie and Bangers and Mash). Even their vegetarian options are great. And they have a butternut bisque that's so good, it'll make you slap your momma. It compared to other restaurants in Worcester, the prices really can't be beat for the quality you get.

3) DESERTS - 5 little words: Frozen Bailey's Irish Creme Pie. Nuff said.

4) SERVICE - Always great. You can typically tell a great restaurant by two things: 1) Are the owners working there? 2) Is there plenty of staff? O'Connors ALWAYS has the appropriate amount of staff. I've been to some really high end restaurants in Worcester where the bartender was also the lone server, and the service abysmal. Never had that problem here - O'Connors has the folks to get the job done.

5) PRICE - Can't be beat. It's FAIR. They don't gouge you, or mark things up unnecessarily. Their focus is on being a mainstay in the Worcester Restaurant scene... not to make a quick buck for a group of investors. As a result, I feel like their prices are the most reasonable of any comparable restaurant in Worcester.

6) THE BUILDING - The place is HUGE. They have a few function rooms, a VERY large bar, and a number of dining rooms in the area. The way they divide up the restaurant into different dining rooms means that you're never going to feel like just a table in a huge crowd - it really makes this HUGE restaurant feel very intimate. The building is large enough to accommodate their 100 car parking lot - but even still, I've seldom had a wait (I also eat at 7:00, at which time the place is starting to quiet down).

Overall, O'Connors is always a good time. I love Brendan and the folks over at O'Connors. The restaurant is in my neighborhood and was a part of the biggest event of my life... so they'll always hold a special place in my heart. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Visited June 2014