“The Woods Hole Inn has all the comforts of home, and then some!” 5 of 5 stars

Woods Hole Inn
28 Water Street, P O Box 4, Woods Hole, Falmouth, MA 02543   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Newport
“The Woods Hole Inn has all the comforts of home, and then some!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

The staff at the Inn were absolutely wonderful. They made us feel like we were long lost friends. They shared a little history about the Inn which we found facinating. The food was "out of this world". The bed was the most comfortable one we've ever slept on. Good thing we didn't have our truck with us :-) The only misfortunate thing about the location is the noise (dumpster pick ups and ferry blowing their horn early AM). Next time we will be sure to turn the fan on to drown out the noise. We would rate our stay with the Inn a 9 out of 10. We will definitely be back! The water pressure in the shower was a bit low...had to chase the drops but all the other great assests overrode that!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Belmont, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed in room 5. The bed was so comfy. I was pleased with everything- the breakfasts by Sara are to die for!!! Excellent place. Nearby restaurants- great location. The best place to stay in Woods Hole.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Great B&B - the first one I ever stayed in. The breakfast was fantastic. I loved the bed. I slept without a peep uninterrupted. The staff was courteous. Decor was great. I loved the house-like feel. Would recommend wholeheartedly and would love to come back some day. I actually preferred staying in Woods hole over being inside Martha's Vineyard.
-Smeanie

central ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We love woods hole ma. The inn is in the "center" of a small town and near everything. The room was just redone and lovely (we brought our puppy, they have a dog friendly room) Breaky was made at the inn and was great each day. The inn lunch spot (lobster tacos) had not opened yet.
What is great is the inn is across the street from our favorite dinner spot the Landfall. It had just opened for the season.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Great spot!

London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We were very lucky to be upgraded to the 'celeb' suit complete with its own entrance and living room. The Breakfast had a beautiful view over looking the harbour. Staff/Owner was very helpful and friendly.
Perfect location to catch the ferry to Marthas Vineyard - less than a 2 min walk away.
Restaurants in the area were 5* - recommend the fish.
Note - a lot of places in the area were closed or closing for the season at this time - Sept.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

I'm actually still in the place, writing the review from bed at 0630 because the house noises are loud enough that woke me up. No big deal today is my last day here.
I arrived Saturday, that means I've been here about 3 lifetimes. Anyway, the receptions was magnificent, there was no one in the front desk but I could hear noises inside the house so I went in. Sure enough Sara was in the kitchen serving was appeared to be the greatest breakfast on the planet to other guests. I identified myself and asked for checking time since I was so early, she told me 3pm but was happy to allow my car in the Inn' parking lot, she even asked for my keys to place the parking permint in the dash while I drank the coffee she gave me.
So I came at checking time and everything appeared OK. Nice view of the room, weather was nasty but it was comfy inside. The bed was magnificent but the thermostats are on the common areas and someone decided to make the house an oven. There are windows so you could let the winter in. I figured that go very good on their "GREEN" mentality. bring `30 degree air that way it can be continuously heated
The first morning I started to get a taste of reality, a racket of water sounds and bathroom fans started around 0530...wow I thought this was a vacation place and I was the freak for being here for work.
When I mentioned the noise at breakfast i was immediately "informed" that this was a house from don't know what year and is obviously not a modern hotel. Alright but I don't think they had loud electric bathroom fans in each room back then (or bathrooms for that matter)
Well the place is such a short walk to the lab I had to work even with lousy rainy and cold weather it was worth staying at the Inn that look for other hotel.
Did I say the sheets and pillows were great? well they were excellent and they had to be in order to compensate for the crappy bathroom experience. I know that's was of the functions of the bathroom but how about supplying a toilet paper a few degrees softer than sandpaper. Even working in ships is easier to find a kinder paper, don't want to hear the the green excuse. You can't call yourself green when you have a fancy coffee pot ( place at the door of my room) that not only is extremely noisy but uses individually package (plastic and tin) canisters. If you attempt to use the regular pot in the kitchen the Inn lady starts going off about it.
But I digress, talking about the bathroom maybe it was my luck and it was just my bathroom but there was such a little trickle of water it made a pleasant morning experience into a chore, I'm sure I never managed to rinse all the soap of me, not that the soaps were very big, they were adequate even if there was no place were to put them, but that wouldn't be an issue if there was decent water pressure.
I suppose I don't understand the "bed and breakfast" mentallity.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
bethcali4nia, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
Meeting the needs of our guests with our hopes of going "green" can be a difficult balancing act, especially in a historic building from the 1870's.

We take all customer feedback to heart and are making several key changes based on this customer's input. For example, while we will continue to use the most biodegradable toilet paper available, we will also offer something plusher for those who request it. We are also adding air conditioning this season, and while our eco-traveler friends can choose to enjoy the ocean breezes, we will be ready for those who want extra comfort on a humid day. Providing premium coffee, tea and hot cocoa has been very popular with our guests and we’re sorry it did not please this one.

We strive to welcome our guests with a smile and a cup of hot coffee, but most importantly, we will continue to read these reviews carefully to make sure we are the best we can be.
MVY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

If you are familiar with the Cape & Islands, and have ever found yourself racing to catch the last ferry only to miss it...the Woods Hole Inn is your solution. If you are visiting the Falmouth/Woods Hole area, the Woods Hole Inn should be your choice for accomodations. My boyfriend and I recently stayed there for a night since we arrived too late to catch the last boat after a flight into Boston. It was a very long day full of your typical travel stress. We arrived at the Inn quite late to find our keys which were left for us. The Inn is charming, and 'coastal chic'. Our room had the most comfortable and plush queen size bed I have ever slept on, soft lighting, and calm waves coming from the Bose sound machine. Sally, the Innkeeper, knew we had to get up awfully early In an attempt to catch that first boat to the Island in the morning, so she even left us a breakfast-to-go bag in the kitchen for us.

The large deck overlooking the little village streets is the perfect spot for a cup of coffee and a newspaper or a glass of wine in the evening.

I don't often write reviews, but I this little gem deserves to be mentioned and recommended. Enjoy your stay!

CM - Edgartown, MA

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!