“It's Woburn Not Boston” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
New Hampshire
“It's Woburn Not Boston”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed there because we lost power due to the Ice Storm of 08. I work in Cummings Park next door so it wasn't so much a culture shock. I'm surprised at the previous comments regarding the housekeeping...don't blame them or the hotel...you're paying less than a $100...what do you expect. I loved the hotel for the money.

Pet friendly and the rooms were very open.

The gym was small but had good cardio equipment and enough weights to make you sore.

I actually thought the place was very clean. Good job housekeeping!

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — It's Woburn Not Boston
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dresden, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

I was in Woburn/Boston area for business with a 5 night stay at this hotel. The common areas were large and spacious; these areas were very nice.

The problems are with the rooms. My first room had the following problems that I asked to be repaired:
1. The water backed up in the tub as soon as the water was turned on. By the time I finished my shower the water was over ankle deep. Exaust fan also ran non-stop. No way to shut it off.
2. The thermostat in my room was not working properly. The mornings were in the 40's every day. My room was cold so I kept increasing the temp. until it was on 85 degrees--still blowing cold air.
3. One of the lights in the bathroom didn't work. The guest rooms are very dark!
I also found a dirty rubber band in the middle of the floor that a maid would have found if the room was checked!

They moved me to another room which had a different set of issues:
1. The same light that didn't work in bathroom #1 didn't work here either! Exaust fan in the bathroom did not work at all.
2. There was a black mold spot on the ceiling outside the bathroom door. It appeared that someone had tried to scrub/scrape it off because there was a hold about 1/4" deep in the center.
3. The last night I stayed there I found a dried blood spot on the white comforter!
4. I don't think the bathroom countertop had been cleaned from the previous guest. There was a gel type subastance on the cabinet that would have easily been wiped off if someone had tried!
5. The toilet seat was loose and slid around when you sat on it. The toilet also had stains/scratches inside the bowl that made it appear dirty.

I travel with disinfectant spray! I'm so glad that I something to clean that area myself!

On a lighter note--I use the hotel shuttle several times and the driver was always eager to answer questions or give directions. I had 3 different drivers and they all did a great job!

The restaurant was VERY expensive. I didn't eat there so I don't know about the quality. ($14 for a fruit plate $42 for a steak!)

The pool was large but right around the corner from the lobby and right beside the bar! Who wants to swim with everyone in the bar looking at them! Very strange design!

• Liked — The shuttle drivers and the public areas.
  • Disliked — Poor housekeeping and maintenance
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bozeman, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

This is an average business hotel in a drab location. The rooms were spacious enough, but the bathroom felt a little unclean and the toilet didn't flush properly. They have done a pretty good job renovating parts of the lobby, and the decor of the rooms don't feel overly old. That said, there is nothing to distinguish this place and the price isn't a bargain. Service was friendly and check-in/check-out was efficient.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Medford Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We were happy to get a hotel near Boston for under $100 a night in August. It's an easy drive to the city. For a Hilton, though, we were somwhat disappointed, especially with the housekeeping services.

Cons: Our tub backed up, which housekeeping must have noticed previously when they cleaned the tub, but done nothing about it. Then again, they didn't even clean our tub area when we were there. They also did not make up our room during the day. When we returned at 4:30pm after being out all day, the room had still not been cleaned. They did come make up the room after we called the front desk. Upon our arrival, there were dirty plates and glasses in front of our door. There were big brown stains on the comforters. We were also not happy that they assigned us the room right next to the conference room, which had a loud wedding going on until well after midnight, even though the hotel was not sold out. Also, if you want a fridge you have to rent one for $10 a day, and there is no microwave in the room. I have stayed at sketchy motels for $30 a night that still included a fridge and microwave. There's no reason a Hilton should cut corners like that. And no snack machines available.

Pros: Cheap, conveniently located, comfortable beds, nice public areas including pool, bar, and gym.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Ottawa Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

My wife and I wanted to spend the weekend in the Boston area to do some sight seeing.
The property is an easy 20 min. drive from downtown Boston.
We saw some of the earlier comments and we were a little concerned.
We did not have to be concerned at all.
The rate was below $90.00 per night, a great deal for this class of hotel.
Check-in on a Friday night was quick and easy.
The hallways were clean and tidy.
The room was very clean, and the furniture was not dated or woren out.
The mattress and sheets were wonderful.
No noise could be heard from other rooms.
The staff at the front counter, housekeeping, and in the bar are all well trained and it shows.
Had a great time, at the hotel. It is not brand new, but it is well maintained and I would go back to it when I am in the Boston area again.

• Liked — Very clean and well trained staff
  • Disliked — No free access to internet in the business center
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

Stayed at the hotel with my wife and 12 year old son for three nights at the end of July. We had planned to stay for seven nights and use the hotel as a base for exploring the North Shore and commute into Boston as the rates were a lot cheaper than city centre hotels. The hotel is nice enough - rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable and the staff are friendly - and the location okay but the hotel lacks atmosphere since it primarily serves the business traveller. We changed our plans whilst staying there - used the hotel as a base to visit Salem, Marblehead, Rockport, Essex, Ipswich, etc, got a decent (although still more expensive) rate at a hotel in the centre of Boston so moved there. If you are on a tight budget and can't afford the extra cost (for us about $100/night average plus parking) of staying in Boston this hotel is probably a good choice. If you can stretch to the extra cost of a Boston hotel with the city on your doorstep and atmosphere that goes with it you will probably have a more enjoyable trip - we did.

• Liked — Good rates for hotel close to Boston
  • Disliked — Geared to the business traveller
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

Fantastic Hotel!! A little off the beaten bath and a little tricky to find, but Mapquest and GPS directions found the hotel flawlessly!!

Great bar/pool area and very clean all around!! Was a pleasure to stay and would return again!! Great for adventuring into Boston during the day and great value for the price!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hilton Boston / Woburn? Share your experiences!