“Find Another Place to Stay” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Woburn
Dayton, Ohio
“Find Another Place to Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Woburn on business and, having traveled the globe, and stayed in a countless hotels, this was by far the worst experience I’ve ever had. Upon my arrival, I was very tired from traveling all day, and very hungry. I immediately detected the “lounge” that had cozy looking couches and seemed like the perfect place to unwind, have a cocktail, and eat some dinner. I have never been so wrong about anything! The “lounge” overlooked the hotel’s pool where at least 40 children were screaming and swimming. I couldn’t even hear the waitress when she came to take my order. Whomever thought it was a good idea to connect the swimming pool with the restaurant should be fired. I quickly ordered my overpriced flatbread pizza that was delivered to me with burnt crust. I couldn’t finish the pizza because it was so burnt.

Walking to my room, there were buckets lining the halls where the ceilings were leaking from earlier rain. Turning down the hall to my room, I was overwhelmed with the worst, stale cigarette smoke smell I’ve ever smelled in my life. The smell was nauseating, and the smell in my room was no better. After being in my room for about one hour, I started to feel sick from the stench and called the front desk to request a new room. I was told that the hotel was completely booked, and that the wing that I was staying in had only recently been a smoking wing. The girl at the front desk was 100% unapologetic, and told me it would take seven years for the smell to go away. WHAT? She then offered to bring in an air freshener, but told me that because of the fumes from the industrial air freshener, I would have to evacuate my room for at least one hour. Are you kidding me? Rather than have to find somewhere to go for an hour, and risk inhaling the toxic fumes, I dealt with the nauseating smoke and left that room as soon as I could. Hilton should be horrified to have their good name on such a horrific place. I will never, ever return to this location. Be wise and spend your money elsewhere. If you absolutely have to stay here, make sure that you request to NOT be placed in the former smoking wing!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of the room was of concern during your stay and guest satisfaction is my highest priority so I have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this issue. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area.

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by this Hilton - the staff was very nice, the lobby is attractive, the pool looked great, and our room was large and comfortable. We also had access to the executive lounge, which was very pleasant and convenient. We were looking for a hotel right outside of Boston and this one worked out great...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greenfield, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a pet so we chose the Hilton because they allow dogs under 70lbs. Plus the name Hilton makes you think it will be an extremely good hotel. Well, when we arrived to our first room on the first level, we found the floors to be soaked under the AC unit. We noticed a bit of the wall paper peeling back and decided to peel more back. On the wall we discovered MOLD. Dark and ugly mold. Instantly called front desk and told them of this. At first they told us that there are no other rooms we could go to on the first floor (first floor = pet rooms) After my boyfriend told them that I have mold allergies and that this is a health code violation, they decided to relocate us to a different room on a different floor. The AC unit still sucked and what I forgot to mention were the stains on the sheets and pillows in the first room, were found again in the second room. They are white sheets and pillows. Why would you put stained stuff back? We were never given anything for the inconvenience of the mold issue, and it took forever to get a new room, so I was sitting in there inhaling it. Besides that issue, it was an OK experience. I liked that I could bring my pet. I disliked the quality that I was expecting to see in a Hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Boca Raton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A nice hotel with a great lobby. Room was fine, except that the bathroom did not have ANY towel racks. Breakfast was very expensive. Convenient location for Boston and Cambridge areas. I suspect this hotel is popular for tourists visiting Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I usually stay at their sister property nearby, the Hampton Inn. However, they were booked, so I chose this property. I am a diamond member, but I had to ask to be upgraded (usually they immediately offer it). Also, the room they had me in did not have my complimentary bottles of water, as promised. I had to go to the executive lounge to get some.
The room had an indoor view, with a small balcony, which was nice. I couldn't believe how quiet the room was, when I KNEW the place was booked. Nice selection of dinner choices in the restaurant, but typical overpriced hotel food, nothing special.
I loved the little gym, had three or four treadmills, elliptical, weights,etc. More than most standard hotels.
The hotel has a pool as well, but it was right in the courtyard center, so everyone could look down at the pool, and I wasn't really comfortable with that. There also was a little dog on my floor, and I did not know they were pet friendly-The concierge said pets were ONLY allowed on the first and second floor-

I know it sounds like I complained about this hotel, but I was actually quite pleased overall, and would stay here again.The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here July 5-7, 2013. My son forgot his iPod in the bedside drawer. We called the front desk at 8am the next morning to ask to have it held until so we could pick it up on our return journey. They went right up to the room to check for it they said but the housekeeping staff said it was not found. We spoke to the Hotel Manager who promised to get to the bottom of the problem with a satisfactory solution and promised to call us back asap. Surprise! No call back. iPod has been stolen by the staff. Plus the roof in the underground parking garage is falling in - they had a shoddy repair company spray some kind of spray foam insulation on the ceiling and it was falling off in piles onto cars. We saw it all over several cars in the morning in the underground after our first night. We moved the car to the outside parking lot for the second night. The room was ok, but why risk the damage to your car and DISHONEST STAFF...save yourself a headache and don`t stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this situation has caused you. We assure you we are doing our best to find your item and have it returned and welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may discuss the details further. We respect each of our guests and their property and we regret the impression this incident has made.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this property and I cannot understand why they are the only Hilton I never want to revisit. It's under new management so I trust it will be better during my next stay. I'm dedicated to Hilton, but nearly all the staff was rude to both me and my assistant.

However, Colleen Moulton- the concierge attendant- was beyond wonderful. She was the only reason a terrible stay was somewhat decent. She is friendly and very pleasant.

I'm not against this location, but I'm there for business and cannot seem to have a decent experience. We will see how the new management pans out. I'm cheering for this location to be saved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your cumulative stays at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We know our interactions play a large part in the overall feel of your stay and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Been to Hilton Boston / Woburn? Share your experiences!