“Could be better for a Hilton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Woburn
Greenfield, United States
“Could be better for a Hilton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a pet so we chose the Hilton because they allow dogs under 70lbs. Plus the name Hilton makes you think it will be an extremely good hotel. Well, when we arrived to our first room on the first level, we found the floors to be soaked under the AC unit. We noticed a bit of the wall paper peeling back and decided to peel more back. On the wall we discovered MOLD. Dark and ugly mold. Instantly called front desk and told them of this. At first they told us that there are no other rooms we could go to on the first floor (first floor = pet rooms) After my boyfriend told them that I have mold allergies and that this is a health code violation, they decided to relocate us to a different room on a different floor. The AC unit still sucked and what I forgot to mention were the stains on the sheets and pillows in the first room, were found again in the second room. They are white sheets and pillows. Why would you put stained stuff back? We were never given anything for the inconvenience of the mold issue, and it took forever to get a new room, so I was sitting in there inhaling it. Besides that issue, it was an OK experience. I liked that I could bring my pet. I disliked the quality that I was expecting to see in a Hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Boca Raton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

A nice hotel with a great lobby. Room was fine, except that the bathroom did not have ANY towel racks. Breakfast was very expensive. Convenient location for Boston and Cambridge areas. I suspect this hotel is popular for tourists visiting Boston.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I usually stay at their sister property nearby, the Hampton Inn. However, they were booked, so I chose this property. I am a diamond member, but I had to ask to be upgraded (usually they immediately offer it). Also, the room they had me in did not have my complimentary bottles of water, as promised. I had to go to the executive lounge to get some.
The room had an indoor view, with a small balcony, which was nice. I couldn't believe how quiet the room was, when I KNEW the place was booked. Nice selection of dinner choices in the restaurant, but typical overpriced hotel food, nothing special.
I loved the little gym, had three or four treadmills, elliptical, weights,etc. More than most standard hotels.
The hotel has a pool as well, but it was right in the courtyard center, so everyone could look down at the pool, and I wasn't really comfortable with that. There also was a little dog on my floor, and I did not know they were pet friendly-The concierge said pets were ONLY allowed on the first and second floor-

I know it sounds like I complained about this hotel, but I was actually quite pleased overall, and would stay here again.The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here July 5-7, 2013. My son forgot his iPod in the bedside drawer. We called the front desk at 8am the next morning to ask to have it held until so we could pick it up on our return journey. They went right up to the room to check for it they said but the housekeeping staff said it was not found. We spoke to the Hotel Manager who promised to get to the bottom of the problem with a satisfactory solution and promised to call us back asap. Surprise! No call back. iPod has been stolen by the staff. Plus the roof in the underground parking garage is falling in - they had a shoddy repair company spray some kind of spray foam insulation on the ceiling and it was falling off in piles onto cars. We saw it all over several cars in the morning in the underground after our first night. We moved the car to the outside parking lot for the second night. The room was ok, but why risk the damage to your car and DISHONEST STAFF...save yourself a headache and don`t stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this situation has caused you. We assure you we are doing our best to find your item and have it returned and welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may discuss the details further. We respect each of our guests and their property and we regret the impression this incident has made.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this property and I cannot understand why they are the only Hilton I never want to revisit. It's under new management so I trust it will be better during my next stay. I'm dedicated to Hilton, but nearly all the staff was rude to both me and my assistant.

However, Colleen Moulton- the concierge attendant- was beyond wonderful. She was the only reason a terrible stay was somewhat decent. She is friendly and very pleasant.

I'm not against this location, but I'm there for business and cannot seem to have a decent experience. We will see how the new management pans out. I'm cheering for this location to be saved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your cumulative stays at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We know our interactions play a large part in the overall feel of your stay and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.
Woburn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here on the night before a holiday and the hotel was wonderful, pool lovely, breakfast outstanding. The only thing that could have been improved was the billing, since the charge on my credit card exceeded the bill and has yet to be resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

As the title said, be sure to check if you are not part of a group if you are planning a stay here.

I was a part of a tour as a chaperone for a group of 35 kids. There were several tour buses staying the two nights in this hotel over the weekend.

The Woburn Hilton is fairly close to downtown, where our tour was concentrated (before we went down the coast). That being said, we were able to get downtown and back quickly and efficiently.

My King room was clean and well laid out. It faced the common area of the hotel, so it had a bit of noise, but it stopped about 1030 at night. Bed was comfortable, toiletries were good and the bathroom allowed ample water/pressure for the shower in the morning. Sleep quality was good.

The food they had for us was not up to par in my opinion, but I'm not sure if that was because of our group or the hotel. I will say that our food "down the line" at our next few stops was a lot better. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but had a conference room. This was the primary reason for only an Average rating.

The staff was very good and went out of the way to help, even though I felt it was a bit understaffed for a hotel this size.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces outside of hotel.