“Nice Hotel, very quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
New York, New York, United States
“Nice Hotel, very quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I usually stay at their sister property nearby, the Hampton Inn. However, they were booked, so I chose this property. I am a diamond member, but I had to ask to be upgraded (usually they immediately offer it). Also, the room they had me in did not have my complimentary bottles of water, as promised. I had to go to the executive lounge to get some.
The room had an indoor view, with a small balcony, which was nice. I couldn't believe how quiet the room was, when I KNEW the place was booked. Nice selection of dinner choices in the restaurant, but typical overpriced hotel food, nothing special.
I loved the little gym, had three or four treadmills, elliptical, weights,etc. More than most standard hotels.
The hotel has a pool as well, but it was right in the courtyard center, so everyone could look down at the pool, and I wasn't really comfortable with that. There also was a little dog on my floor, and I did not know they were pet friendly-The concierge said pets were ONLY allowed on the first and second floor-

I know it sounds like I complained about this hotel, but I was actually quite pleased overall, and would stay here again.The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here July 5-7, 2013. My son forgot his iPod in the bedside drawer. We called the front desk at 8am the next morning to ask to have it held until so we could pick it up on our return journey. They went right up to the room to check for it they said but the housekeeping staff said it was not found. We spoke to the Hotel Manager who promised to get to the bottom of the problem with a satisfactory solution and promised to call us back asap. Surprise! No call back. iPod has been stolen by the staff. Plus the roof in the underground parking garage is falling in - they had a shoddy repair company spray some kind of spray foam insulation on the ceiling and it was falling off in piles onto cars. We saw it all over several cars in the morning in the underground after our first night. We moved the car to the outside parking lot for the second night. The room was ok, but why risk the damage to your car and DISHONEST STAFF...save yourself a headache and don`t stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this situation has caused you. We assure you we are doing our best to find your item and have it returned and welcome you to contact our offices directly so we may discuss the details further. We respect each of our guests and their property and we regret the impression this incident has made.

Travelers are raving about these Woburn hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this property and I cannot understand why they are the only Hilton I never want to revisit. It's under new management so I trust it will be better during my next stay. I'm dedicated to Hilton, but nearly all the staff was rude to both me and my assistant.

However, Colleen Moulton- the concierge attendant- was beyond wonderful. She was the only reason a terrible stay was somewhat decent. She is friendly and very pleasant.

I'm not against this location, but I'm there for business and cannot seem to have a decent experience. We will see how the new management pans out. I'm cheering for this location to be saved.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your cumulative stays at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We know our interactions play a large part in the overall feel of your stay and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.
Woburn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I stayed here on the night before a holiday and the hotel was wonderful, pool lovely, breakfast outstanding. The only thing that could have been improved was the billing, since the charge on my credit card exceeded the bill and has yet to be resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mexico, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

As the title said, be sure to check if you are not part of a group if you are planning a stay here.

I was a part of a tour as a chaperone for a group of 35 kids. There were several tour buses staying the two nights in this hotel over the weekend.

The Woburn Hilton is fairly close to downtown, where our tour was concentrated (before we went down the coast). That being said, we were able to get downtown and back quickly and efficiently.

My King room was clean and well laid out. It faced the common area of the hotel, so it had a bit of noise, but it stopped about 1030 at night. Bed was comfortable, toiletries were good and the bathroom allowed ample water/pressure for the shower in the morning. Sleep quality was good.

The food they had for us was not up to par in my opinion, but I'm not sure if that was because of our group or the hotel. I will say that our food "down the line" at our next few stops was a lot better. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but had a conference room. This was the primary reason for only an Average rating.

The staff was very good and went out of the way to help, even though I felt it was a bit understaffed for a hotel this size.

Room Tip: Pick a room that faces outside of hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wallkill, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think you should be aware of the state of this hotel prior to checking in. Upon arriving we were given room 220 which was very cool, clean and comfortable. However, as soon as I went into the restroom I noticed that the ceiling was leaking with the sheetrock crumbling. I called the front desk and was told that the manager would be right up to escort us to an "upgraded" room. The manager never came. Instead the maintenance man came to assess the situation and ended up escorting us to the new room, 404. Upon arriving we found the room to be very hot, we supposed that this was because the AC was not turned on. We had problems with some of the lights and the maintenance man wiggled the wires until the light came on. The room appeared to be identical to the previous room so no upgrade was observed. We did received 2 breakfast coupons for our trouble. We left our bags in the room and went about our day. Upon returning we noticed the room was still very warm and that the AC had turned off. We supposed that someone had been in the room and turned it down but discovered otherwise. Throughout the night, the AC would not turn on and we would have to get up and turn the power off and on again to get it to work. The next morning I noticed the tub seemed to have stains, the towels were stained and some washclothes were missing. I informed the front desk of the AC problems and asked that it be checked on. Returning late that night we stopped by the front desk to see if the problems had been corrected. We found 6 people at the front desk and no one seemed to know if the problem had been corrected. We were told to go to our room and check it for ourselves. We went to our room and still found the room very warm and the AC turned off again. Due to the lateness of the hour we did not feel like changing rooms so we stayed in the room and slept without covers. I called the front desk again and was told that the manager would contact us in the morning. No further contact was made and we were dismissed on checkout with an uncaring attitude. Also, to caution, be careful about where you park in the parking deck as we noticed leaking sewer lines causing insulation that covered structural beams to come off and cover some of the cars parked in the parking garage. It seemed that we were continually put off regarding the issues until our stay was over. We booked it through expedia so I don't know if that is why they were so thoughtless since the room was "prepaid". However, for a Hilton, I felt the property was in poor shape with poor management. I was extremely dissatisfied with the experience. Hopefully yours will be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the AC issues in your room and for the poor management of the situation. We will work with our maintenance team to ensure the issues are corrected and work with our team to ensure we treat every guest with the quality hospitality they deserve. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we may show you the complete experience you expect.
North of Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This Hilton is 10 times better that the last one I stayed at. We were upgraded to a better room and given a chit for a free appetizer. The staff was first class, both professional and friendly. The room had a great view for fireworks in a neighboring community. The pool was fun. We will definitely be staying there again. he only complaint was it was during a heat wave and the ac was working overtime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Boston / Woburn? Share your experiences!