“Great hotel but wifi cost extra” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Woburn
Raleigh, United States
“Great hotel but wifi cost extra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff friendly. My only complaint is the additional charge for wifi - $9.99 each day. The rate was not cheap and this service should have been included in the price of the hotel.

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Overall the stay was great. Staff was polite. However, they didn't seem very sensitive to Hilton Honors Gold member status. No upgrade though it was given to others (non-gold-members) not traveling with us. That much was a dissapointment.

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding at another location and stayed here for two nights. During our stay, it seemed that a prom was going on as there were lots of teenagers in suits and dresses. On our floor there were another group of 40 girls giggling in the hallways all through the night and their chaperone pounding on their doors in the morning trying to wake them up. All throughout the hotel, there weren't many places we could go to have a moment of peace and quiet, even our own room.

We aren't sure why we weren't placed on the HHonors floor since we are silver status.

• Stayed May 2013
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel and the rooms were quite clean and large. Duvet/comforters were far too heavy for the season, which made for a very warm night. A light blanket would have been more useful and very appreciated. The front desk staff did an excellent job and made people feel welcome. Breakfast buffet was mediocre at best. Cold food and runny, watery eggs.
No other real issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked a 3-night stay at this hotel via a 3rd party and got a really good deal. When I flew in and cabbed it over, the manager at the front desk, Sean, told me that he's sorry there has been an error (lie number 1) and that they were unable to honor my reservation. I told Sean that, no, I made this reservation 3 months prior (this visit was for a graduation ceremony) and there has not been any error as the other company has been sending me reminders. I told Sean that having done my research, he is not honoring my reservation because his hotel overbooked and that since my reservation was so cheap, he has opted to lose me as a guest in favor of the other guests. Sean then lied again and said that it's an error and it's beyond his control. He then gave me the 1-800 number for the company that I booked with and told me to take it up with them. In hotel-speak, this is called "walking the guest", that when hotels overbooked, they are obligated to find you similar lodging of equal value and pay for your transportation there. Sean knew that he had an out because I didn't book my stay directly with Hilton, and basically told me to hoof it. Nice job, Sean. I hope Hilton will promote you since you made them what, an extra $20, $30, $50 $75 each night that the other guest are willing to pay for the room that I reserved. So, short version, Sean, the manager at this hotel will not honor your reservation if hotel is overbooked and will leave you stranded. I have a great experience with booking.com and will not be staying at any Hilton or Hilton-owned properties, such as Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites, etc..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel again so we might show you the complete quality hospitality you expect and deserve from our family of hotels.

Travelers are raving about these Woburn hotels

Sterling, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

239 USD a night - uaaaaaa - This hotel has a very high frequency with every day changing guests. And the rooms are made up according to the changes. If you staying longer room is not made up before 5pm, my rest time. So my room wasn't made up 3 days. I would really like to know if all the young people and classes paid as I paid. I felt exploited - Never again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the frustration you experienced with our housekeeping timing and value. We strive to make every guests' stay with us pleasant and we hope you will return to visit us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Camarillo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is ok, but... There was a lot of breakfast to choose from, which is great. But it was cold!!! A cold breakfast for $20 is a rip-off, no matter how you look at it. The rooms smelled a bit. A duvet is of value when it gets really cold, but I couldn't get the room that cold in May. a blanket would work much better. Internet access costs extra. I'll stay someplace where it doesn't. Those are the reasons I don't intend to return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BridgewaterHGI, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on the quality and variety of our breakfast options and we will keep your suggestion for additional hot items in mind as we look for new ways to impress our guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area and let us know how we are doing.

Been to Hilton Boston / Woburn? Share your experiences!