“Hotel overbooked, won't honor my reservation. Left me stranded.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Woburn
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hotel overbooked, won't honor my reservation. Left me stranded.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked a 3-night stay at this hotel via a 3rd party and got a really good deal. When I flew in and cabbed it over, the manager at the front desk, Sean, told me that he's sorry there has been an error (lie number 1) and that they were unable to honor my reservation. I told Sean that, no, I made this reservation 3 months prior (this visit was for a graduation ceremony) and there has not been any error as the other company has been sending me reminders. I told Sean that having done my research, he is not honoring my reservation because his hotel overbooked and that since my reservation was so cheap, he has opted to lose me as a guest in favor of the other guests. Sean then lied again and said that it's an error and it's beyond his control. He then gave me the 1-800 number for the company that I booked with and told me to take it up with them. In hotel-speak, this is called "walking the guest", that when hotels overbooked, they are obligated to find you similar lodging of equal value and pay for your transportation there. Sean knew that he had an out because I didn't book my stay directly with Hilton, and basically told me to hoof it. Nice job, Sean. I hope Hilton will promote you since you made them what, an extra $20, $30, $50 $75 each night that the other guest are willing to pay for the room that I reserved. So, short version, Sean, the manager at this hotel will not honor your reservation if hotel is overbooked and will leave you stranded. I have a great experience with booking.com and will not be staying at any Hilton or Hilton-owned properties, such as Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton, Homewood Suites, etc..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
BridgewaterHGI, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel again so we might show you the complete quality hospitality you expect and deserve from our family of hotels.

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sterling, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

239 USD a night - uaaaaaa - This hotel has a very high frequency with every day changing guests. And the rooms are made up according to the changes. If you staying longer room is not made up before 5pm, my rest time. So my room wasn't made up 3 days. I would really like to know if all the young people and classes paid as I paid. I felt exploited - Never again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the frustration you experienced with our housekeeping timing and value. We strive to make every guests' stay with us pleasant and we hope you will return to visit us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Camarillo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is ok, but... There was a lot of breakfast to choose from, which is great. But it was cold!!! A cold breakfast for $20 is a rip-off, no matter how you look at it. The rooms smelled a bit. A duvet is of value when it gets really cold, but I couldn't get the room that cold in May. a blanket would work much better. Internet access costs extra. I'll stay someplace where it doesn't. Those are the reasons I don't intend to return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BridgewaterHGI, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on the quality and variety of our breakfast options and we will keep your suggestion for additional hot items in mind as we look for new ways to impress our guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area and let us know how we are doing.
Moorpark, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Overall the hotel fair...the front desk staff seems disorganized and not very friendly or concerned with guest needs. Very warm and stuff in the main event area where we had our meetings and reception.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Sabine,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on our service and property feel during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and will use it as part of our ongoing training to provide the quality service experience you expect and deserve. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality hospitality our brand is known for.

Basil B.
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We originally stayed in August 2012 to celebrate my 30th birthday. We enjoyed our stay so much that we returned the following month for a long weekend! Both times we reserved king executive suites which had indoor balconies that overlooked the pool. The hotel was being renovated at the time of both our stays but it did not affect us at all. The price could not be beat and I felt the location was great, approximately 15 minutes from the city. The rooms we had were clean, large, with really comfortable beds and pillows. The bathrooms were also really clean, large and the water pressure was great. Plus we loved the toiletries. We did have a slight issue with the air conditioning the first time we stayed. It seemed to temporarily stop working in the middle of the night. I mentioned the problem to the front desk at check out just to prevent the next guest from having the same issue. They were very apologetic and they actually gave us 2 free breakfast buffet coupons, which were worth about $18.00 each. We had intentions of eating breakfast there anyway so it was perfect. The options for breakfast were great, they had too many to list but they definitely had something for everyone's dietary needs. The second time we stayed we arrived on Friday around 2pm. Because we had reserved an executive suite it comes with the use of the executive lounge area on the 6th floor. At check in the front desk apologized because the lounge was not available and in turn gave us 2 tickets to the breakfast buffet! I told her we had no intention of using the lounge area but she insisted we take the coupons anyway! Most everything was great but we did feel there were a few negatives:

-The pool is not heated and was pretty cold when we were there.
-The bar was really expensive! We live in CT near the casinos so we are certainly familiar with high drink prices but the hotel's bar prices were higher than we're even used to seeing. Even the dessert menu seemed really high compared to the size of what you received.
-The hotel rooms come with a coffee pot but if you prefer a refrigerator you must request it and it is additional.

On the flip side, we felt the positives outweighed the negatives!
-The rooms were comfortable and clean.
-The pool/bar area which had really nice cabanas and had a lounge feel to it.
-The breakfast buffet was excellent and well worth the money, we will continue to eat there even if we don't get coupons!
-The staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to provide an excellent stay.
-Ample free covered parking and also plenty of additional outside parking.

This hotel is our go to place when we just want to get away for the weekend and relax, for us it's the perfect distance away but there is still plenty to do and see! We always look forward to returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that have a balcony over the pool and we definitely recommend the executive suites...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Location of this hotel is okay. Very close to highway 95 and highway 93.. and near Woburn Mall for food and shopping. Toiletries is a bit more the usual Hilton (with grooming kit, sewing kit, shoe shine cloth as well). Room is of decent size with a nice lounge chair.. just a bit dirty though.

The hotel hallway is a bit eerie.. very large area near elevator that they have to put some chairs and table in places (middle of hallway!?) that nobody will ever sit on...

Business center cost $$ for printing and minimum charge is like $7-8.. quite crazy.

They have 2 floors that are HHonors floor - the 4th and the 6th. Although we are long term Gold member, we were not given the Honors floor until asked.. that's okay..

The HHonors lounge has a lady working there pretty much from the afternoon until close...regardless of whether it is "manager's reception", there is no free alcohol.. which is fine too.. but then, I see that the lady would give out free glasses of wine to people whom are having good chats with her.. I think that's not quite fair... I think they should use a wine machine, like what they have in HHonors at the Santa Clara Hilton in the San Francisco bay area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and HHonors amenities and we will share your comments with our team as we constantly look for new ways to impress our guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service and accommodations you expect and deserve as a valued HHonors member.

Basil B.
Wakefield, RI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel has extremely friendly staff. The attention to detail was much appreciated. I have a feather allergy and the hotel had de-feathered my room upon arrival; a point often overlooked at other hotels even though it is in my profile. Parking was easy and both covered and outside options available. Good concierge area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Boston / Woburn? Share your experiences!