My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night to avoid traveling a couple hours during a snowstorm. I did not check reviews before booking this hotel and I have to admit I was a little surprised by the negative comments. Our stay was good, but that being said, I have certainly had better visits to Hilton facilities. All things considered, I did not expect a world-class stay at a hotel located on the outskirts of Boston. We stayed here as a matter of convenience and I imagine this hotel gets mostly business customers and folks like us ... who are in the area and needed a convenient place to stay but did not want the hassle or expense of a downtown hotel. So, for those expecting all the luxury of a destination hotel, I suggest you look closer to the center of Boston.
We stayed on the executive floor and found, to our disappointment, that the executive lounge is closed on weekends. So, there really was no advantage at all to having a room on this floor. Our room faced the outside of the hotel, which overlooked a light industrial / commercial area which had all the visual appeal of a rooftop. Considering that the hotel seemed to be 80% empty and that the lounge was closed, I see no reason why we were given the particular room we were assigned. The rooms facing the inside of the facility have balconies beneath the glass roof. They seem much nicer and most appeared to be empty during our stay. I blame myself for not asking to be moved, but at the same time I wonder why they don't situate gold members in the better available rooms automatically.
Our room interior was fine. It was about average for a full service Hilton. The bed was large, comfortable, and was equipped with many pillows. The bathroom was spacious and clean. I have no complaints about the room itself, although the hallway carpets are well worn and showing their age.
The fitness facility was nice. It had all the equipment we could have asked for and seemed well-maintained and clean. Although we didn't use the pool, it does seem to be nice. It's right under the glass roof and close to the bar, so the view is very attractive and if you want bar service, it's very convenient. One disadvantage is that, when there are a lot of kids, the noise tends to reverberate up along the glass ceiling to the rooms. So, the noise level might be better in the rooms located a little farther away from the pool.
The breakfast buffet was decent, with a good variety of hot and cold options and an omelette station. I particularly liked the fresh muffins.
The staff were pleasant, courteous, and helpful. We had a couple head-scratching moments, however, as we discovered they had forgotten to issue us breakfast tickets. It was not a problem after a simple and quick phone call corrected the mistake. Also, we got a phone call in the morning asking us if we planned to check out that morning or the following morning. Considering it was still 90 minutes prior to checkout time and we clearly were staying only one night, I was a little confused as to why a phone call was needed. All in all, it was a minor confusing moment.
Lastly, the lobby bar is a nice place to have a drink in the evening. The facility was all but desserted the night we stayed, so it was relaxing and we had a chance to chat with the bartender a bit. I thought the wine prices were a bit high though. A glass of J. Lohr cabernet will set you back $12. Considering you can get a bottle of this wine for about $14 in a liquor store, I figure that markup is about 350% (more with tip). Sure, I expect to pay for atmosphere and service, but that seemed a little steep to me.
All told, I didn't have any major problems with this hotel. It pretty much met my expectations and we had a pleasant night.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston / Woburn Hotel
- Hilton Boston / Woburn Hotel Woburn
- Hilton Boston Woburn
- Hilton Hotel Woburn
- Hilton Woburn
- Woburn Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unwind at the Hilton Boston/Woburn, a hotel in Woburn, MA just minutes from Boston in Cummings Park Business Center and 20 minutes from Logan International Airport. Relax in a guest room or upgrade to a suite with a separate living area and conference table. Reserve an Executive Room for exclusive access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary breakfast from Monday through Friday and complimentary evening snacks from Monday through Thursday. Our hotel offers complimentary transportation within a five-mile radius. Visit Boston attractions, ride the nearby Commuter Rail and discover the excitement of downtown Boston, or dine out at local Woburn restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Boston / Woburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.