“Wonderfully renovated!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn

You added Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Middlesex Canal Park Road, Woburn, MA 01801 (Formerly Holiday Inn Select Boston-Woburn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
“Wonderfully renovated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent five nights this past week at the Crowne Plaza Boston in Woburn, MA. We had stayed there before many times since the home office for the business my husband retired from was just across the highway from the hotel. It has changed hands and been totally renovated in the past nine months since we were last there. What an amazing difference!
We stayed on the fourth floor near the Concierge lounge for guests who are part of the Holiday Inn Rewards program. Every inch of the room and the corridors were brand new and shiny clean. They did not skimp on the reno, using only high quality furnishings and finishings. The bedding was beautiful and extremely comfortable.
We enjoyed the breakfasts either in the lounge or in the restaurant on the premises. They also offer the full menu from the Scoreboard restaurant in the room service menu. Apparently lots of people took advantage of the service - plenty of empty plates outside rooms on our floor.
A free Crowne Plaza shuttle van runs between the hotel and the offices, shops, and restaurants in the immediate area. I took advantage of it one day to go to the Beacon Grille - a great restaurant and another review later for that one. Please note that you DO need a car if you are visiting Boston and staying at this hotel. It is not on the commuter train line, although the Woburn station is not far, and I assume the hotel van would take you there.
The parking at the Crowne Plaza is free for guests. No complaints here. I strongly recommend this location for those with cars. Points north and east like Lexington and Concord and Salem, as well as New Hampshire and Maine are an easy drive from Woburn. The city of Boston is a 20 minute drive if you don't go during peak hours.

Room Tip: As always, upper floors are usually the quietest, but the hotel in general is peaceful and great for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a nice birthday weekend. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. Check-in was quick. The hotel is undergoing renovations but the noise level is maintained to a minimum. The rooms are beautifully remodeled. The breakfast is good (get the breakfast package) and the fitness center is adequate (equipment is newer). Great stay. Did not want to leave.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MERIDA, YUC, MEXICO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stay at this hotel because we want to spend a weekend in Boston, we arrived at the hotel at 15:27 and there is a show starting at 16:00 at TD Arena, thanks to the fast check-in and the help from the desk personnel with directions, we arrived on time to the show, so that close is the hotel from Boston (no more than 20 min), also the hotel has a large Cinema just some feet away and there is one of the largest laser tag and jumping playground 5 min. away. There is a zoo also in the neighborhood. Because this hotel is located very close to the intersection of I-95 and I-93 you can easily reach any destination in the Boston area. You can find one Stop and Shop supermarket, Target an a big mall very close (less than 5 minutes).
Finally, the sports bar insight the hotel is a perfect place to go on weekends with live music and you don't have to worry on designated driver if you are staying at the hotel. So, you can easily find something funny to do to any member of your family. The hotel rooms are new, the indoor pool is warm and the fitness center is well equipped, so, you will not bore here, even in the middle of a snow storm as we had during our stay thanks to the helpful staff.

Room Tip: Close to the back doors so you will have a shorter walk to your car because the front parking is alw...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a platinum Priority club member, I love staying at IHG hotels. This hotel took the whole idea of brand loyalty acknowledgement to another level:

First they used my name. Then, they gave me not one - but *two* free items of my choice from the gift shop (snacks, water, etc). Third - they upgraded my room. Fourth - they gave me access to the VIP lounge on the fourth floor, and finally - they gave me a coupon good for $5 off my dinner or lunch in their sports-theme restaurant.

The check-in experience was by far the best part of my stay. That spunky little waitress of mine with the blonde pony-tail - who stood at only 4'11" was dynamite as well.

I would choose this hotel over any other in the Boston area the next time I come to New England just because of how great they made me feel for being a frequent traveler of their hotel group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Underhill, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Crowne Plaza staff added another night very easily when the road ban went into effect and we showed up 24 hours early! we were delighted to be in a newly renovated room with lots of nice detail. ...the reading lights on the headboard, the weight of the comforter... at the price I was quoted, i never expected a back lit magnifying mirror...the design on the wall of the pool was lovely, the shower at the pool like that at the Hilton Garden Inn [ but for 1/3 less in price]... comfy beds, strong showers! the fitness center had our three favorite machines...we got to know the friendly staff in the restaurant. ..House keeping went to the restaurant to get me herbal tea. ... I loved the rest and relax, recharge pkge.... the hotel took snow off our car., 3 stressed out adults weathered the storm and for very little money. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent rooms with a lot of space. Very comfortable beds and pillows. The staff is friendly. A little bit dissapointed by the breakfast, not the best buffet you would expect in this type of hotel. Good location and no noise from the exterior even it is close tothe highway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quiet. Try to find a room on the corner far from the Bar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a poor experience during my last stay here in November. When I arrived back home, I tried to notify the manager about my dissatisfaction. I didn't care about a refund or anything like that - I just thought he should know that the hotel is lacking in a couple of areas. In particular, the linens were dirty in several areas and that's inexcusable. He never replied, so I tried reaching the executive office at Crowne Plaza. They said they took my comments seriously and would forward my message to the manager. I never got a response from the manager then either. So...basically, I surmised they don't care about customer satisfaction as my concerns were blatantly ignored. Like I said, I don't care about a refund - I just wanted my concerns addressed. I hope that they've done a better job of reviewing their linens and towels before giving them to guests since I stayed there. I can see not noticing one towel is stained, but all of them being stained as well as the sheets? Ridiculous. I'm heading to Woburn again this weekend, and guess where I am staying? Not here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Ann T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the cleanliness of our amenities. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We deeply appreciate your feedback as this will assist us in continually improving the services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!