“Come early Sunday for the brunch buffet!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Woburn
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Come early Sunday for the brunch buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Typically I would say Bickford's serves average food, but the one exception is their breakfast food. I probably have a strong bias since I love pancakes and omelettes for any meal, but the brunch is definitely something I am willing to wake up early for on a Sunday to enjoy with friends.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A Favorite Breakfast Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've been coming here for roughly ten years or so, and have yet to have a bad experience or bad food. Usually, we have a group of family or friends that will stop here for breakfast on the way to a New Hampshire vacation. My last visit was Memorial Day with my wife, as we wanted to go out for a good breakfast.
We go seated immediately and were waited on fairly quickly, in spite of it being busy (and it got busier while we were eating). The price are great, their breakfast buffet is really great (I've seen better ones, but they're all out of State), but it is the best within eastern Massachusetts. Their prices are more than reasonable, and the kitchen always handles your order fast and accurately.

My wife got a cheese omelet, and I got the French toast with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, with a side of corned beef hash. Almost everything was "delish". The bacon was the only down side. It had a bit too much fat and it was not cooked especially well, but I did forget to ask for it to be nice and crispy, which I usually do ask for. My eggs and sausage were perfect though. It was still worthy of the five-star rating!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheektowaga, New York
“Delicious Lobster Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stopped here at 3 PM just for a cup of soup for a late lunch to hold us over 'til dinner--ended up have the lobster pie dinner which was delicious. It was served with mashed squash and spinach which made for not only a delicious, fulfilling meal, but it was also healthy. The lobster pie was loaded with hunks of lobster-- nothing skimpy or artificial here. We are from out of town, but we will remember to return to Bickford's on our next visit to Boston.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“German pancake!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Cute little diner, good location with lots of parking. They always have specials. They serve alcohol (after 11am) and are open for all 3 meals. My favorite meal here is definitely breakfast. They have something called the "German pancake" that is almost like a thicker, really big (the size of a plate!) crepe that comes with powdered sugar and lemons to squeeze over it. Top with a little syrup and you are all set! They have multiple other combo plates available that I would consider average-very good. The wait staff is very friendly and will remember you if you take a second trip. Good prices. Worth visiting and recommending.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Evansville, Wisconsin
“Great service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had read the reviews ahead of time and they were all right. We stopped for brunch on Saturday after the morning rush and were seated right away. I wanted something with a Mexican flare so I had the Santa Fe omelette and it was terrific, the service was great and we all enjoyed our visit. We'll have to go back for a dinner!

Visited November 2013