“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Portland, Maine
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

My wife and I have stayed here several times. If you're looking for a full-service Marriott, head to downtown Boston. But if you want a clean, modern, decently priced hotel that's within a short drive of shopping centers on I-95, Tufts University in Medford, or Cambridge, this is a very good choice. The business park location is easy to access from I-93. Front desk staff has always been pleasant and helpful. We've always gone out for dinner; the hotel's breakfast buffet, with made-to-order omelets and eggs, is a little over-priced, but satisfying. Our first reaction to the place was "wow, this is better than we expected," and we haven't been disappointed in subsequent visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

If I could, I would have given my expereince 3 1/2 stars. My husband and I stayed here 1 night. We arrived at 3:15 and had to wait for 15 minutes until our room was ready because they were behind with the cleaning. That didn't really bother us because they have a nice lobby with free wireless internet access. The first room we were given reeked of smoke (we had requested non-smoking)so we we were give a second room that was fine. The room was nice - very clean, spacious, nicely decorated.

One big annoyance was that the front desk person was not helpful with recommending a restaurant for dinner. A concierge would be great, or at least provide a list of restaurants in the area for guests. Most hotels I've stay at either have a concierge or have a list of area restaurants with a description and directions. We ended up using the phone book to find a restaurant and mapquesting it.

We did eat breakfast at the restaurant, which was excellent. We both made waffles, which were very yummy, and the waitress that brought us tea was very nice. I was surprised at the bill. $24 for the 2 of us. We got a very low room rate through hotwire, so I can overlook that. Overall, a very inexpensive, nice place to stay when in the Boston area.

• Stayed October 2005
baileypie79
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

I just came back from a weekend trip to Salem, MA and stayed at this hotel for the weekend with family. I entered the hotel at 1 am and was very impressed with the new and modern looking lobby. In fact, I travel often and it was one of the nicest lobbies of any hotel I have ever stayed. However, before I go into detail about the hotel I have to explain why the hotel did not get the 5 it deserved. The hotel had major plumbing problems during the course of the weekend stay. The water in the room on the 1st morning of the stay was dark brown in the sink, bathtub, and toilet. I brought this to the attention of the front desk who said they could do nothing nor offer a discount on the stay. In addition, once the water color problem was fixed the plumbing in the tub had problems as the water would take a very long time for the water to go down the drain. Also, because of the plumbing problem I could not shower on the 1st day at the hotel. Anyhow, I stayed in a King Size/Suite--the room with the couch is where I slept--it is good size if children are sharing it but it is very small if 2 adults are which the case in my situation was. However, the 1st room was very large and it contained a fridge, sink, microwave, a tv, a dresser, and table along with the sofa. Then the next room has a counter with sinks and a closet--and the toilet & bathtub are in the next room--then the other room has the king size bed with a tv & dresser. The hotel also has a restaurant-breakfast buffet--which you have to pay max of $11 depending on what you order. You can get eggs, waffles, cereals, yogurt, fruit, muffins, danish, toast, juices, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. Also, you can have dinner which is American style food at the restaurant. The hotel has a indoor pool, hot tub, and gym. Also, it has a bar and a 24 market--with drinks, sandwiches, and candy to purchase. The hotel, I have to admit was very nice and it is unfortunate that it had to lost stars in my opinion due to bad plumbing and poor customer service.

• Stayed October 2005
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

Very nice hotel. The room was nice, the front desk was helpful, and the maid service was very good. I'd agree the pool was a little warm, but the area is nice. A great value. You can head to exit 31 (about 10 minute drive) on 93 to take the Wellington Subway into the city. Just take a left off of the exit and look for the signs.

• Stayed September 2005
midland, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2005

This was the best courtyard I've ever stayed in. Good location (just off 93), extremely clean, windows opened to let in fresh air, room was not smelly- it was as good as a good full fledged Mariott. Highly recommended.

Only downside when I was there was that the pool was TOO HOT, it'd definitely heated. It's amusing that another poster said it was it too cold- perhaps they are still working out the kinks. My sister liked the gym there.

Definitely recommended. I used my mariott rewards points here- it's only a catagory 2- and that was a definite good use of points! Free parking, and it's nice and quiet, sort of tucket away in a well manicured office park with lots of green space, which ends up being quite lovely, actually.

• Stayed September 2005
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I stayed here with a group of 35. The hotel is convientley located near Boston. The hotel is very nice. The rooms were clean and spacious. My students were treated with respect. Our group enjoyed visiting with each other in the lower lobby. The fitness room was able to accomodate 10 people or more. The pool was refreshing and spacious. When asked for a change in the food menu for my group, the employees did not hesitate to accomodate me. I was very pleased with the service and the quality of this hotel. Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

Stayed here one night while touring Boston with some high school students. Very nice, helpful staff, well-prepared for our arrival. Price was great for how close to downtown Boston we were. Students thought the pool was too cold, but that would be our only complaint. Breakfast buffet was excellent, great variety and hot food - worth the $9 cost.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Woburn Boston North? Share your experiences!