“Comfy Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Comfy Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My mom and I stayed overnight on October 5th while in town for a wedding and enjoyed our stay. The hotel lobby is modern and clean, and there is a cafe (not sure of the hours) that seemed to be well stocked and maintained. We checked in early and waited in the living area next to the cafe. Our room was very well lit and the bathroom was very clean. The room came furnished with a mini fridge and microwave. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The only reason why my review is 4 stars instead of 5 is due to a stain on one of my pillowcases. Luckily there are 4 pillows to a bed, so I carefully looked over the other 3 pillows and tossed the stained one to the side for the night. I can't offer a review of the breakfast as we checked out early and had brunch on Newbury Street downtown Boston.

Room Tip: There is a room directly next the elevator. We didn't have that room, but we felt bad for the p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
reading, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited Boston for the first time and I really loved this hotel, the staff was very friendly, the rooms were nice. The best part is that I was provided complimentary breakfast for my family of 4. I have travelled to many cities and ever out of the country and this is one of the best hotel, I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was at the hotel on saturday 0ct 12 and Taj was the representative working. She was so nice and helpful especially considering how busy it was that night with 4 different wedding parties checking in. I was part of one of the wedding parties and we got to the hotel a little after midnight. Several other people were also checking in so it was pretty nonstop for her but you couldnt tell. She was very helpful when I needed a taxi to get home especially after the first car service she called wanted to charge me $70 and I refused she found me another car service that was more reasonable. Taj was amazing, if only everyone was like her.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

During our east coast trip labor Day weekend, stoped for one night in Boston.We booked 3 rooms. 8 People( friends). Rooms were 2 quenn beds. They right way changed our rooms with 2 queen beds and sofa. For Free.Excellent costumer service, Nice breakfast. Clean Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I can usually count on the Marriott Courtyard to provide consistent and reliable lodging. This is an exception. The room was nice and clean but the mattress was awful. It offered no support or comfort and we spent the night rolling to the middle of the bed. Additionally, it was springy and uncomfortable. The food was average for a Courtyard and the coffee was below average. It tasted old and bitter and definitely not Starbucks quality. We used this hotel for our first and last nights stay because of its proximity to the airport. Good location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Minuit1942,

Thank You for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor about your recent stay here at the Courtyard Woburn/ Boston North.

Please accept my apologies for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this incident.

Your concerns regarding our mattresses offering no support and being springy and uncomfortable is important to me. I also read that you found our food to be average. We are not offering Starbucks yet but will be in 2014. I have investigated your room to insure that the bed was set up properly and shared your review with our Food and Beverage Manager. Also, I was happy to see that you found our Location, Cleanliness and Service very good or excellent

I know that this response cannot change your experience, but I do hope that, in some way, it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.

Thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin
Fredericton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed her Sept 27th and 28th. Left at 6:50am on the 29th to find our car on milk crated from the kitchen area storage and the wheels and tires gone from our 2013 Accord Sport.
Could not find wheels and tires on Sunday. Had to stay an extra night. They had a shuttle but would not even take us to the rental office because it was an extra exit away!!!! It was about 4 miles from the Hotel. When we did finally get wheels and tires the service truck put the 2 on the back and there were two cars jammed in on either side of ours. ( They were the only 3 cars in that area. It was close to the door and visible from the front desk.) I went in and got the Manager (Mr. Martin) He was not pleasant at all throughout our conversations. I asked if he could use the license plates to see if the guests that owned the vehicles were there and could come out and move them so we could use the jacks to loft our car and get the wheels on it.
2 EMPLOYEES FROM THE OFFICE CAME OUT AND MOVED THEIR CARS!!!!!!!
I asked if he had asked or instructed them to park there. He claimed he had not. but, one of the women that was parked there was from his office. (Mrs.Millerick.)
They are RUDE AND NOT TRUTHFUL AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!
DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Room Tip: Rooms are nice. Parking lot is unsafe!!!!!! Our car was visible from the front desk. One person the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Mr. G:

Please accept my apologies, again, for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this incident.

Your concerns regarding your car being vandilized in our parking lot, is, of course, important to me. In my seven years managing this Hotel I have never seen this happen before. However, as you and I discussed at length, we offer free parking to our guests and therefore our parking lot is a public area and are not responsible for the criminal act of a third party. I can understand that you are extremely frustrated that this happened to your vehicle however I believe that our staff did an outstanding job of trying to make a bad situation better for you. After speaking with our front desk team they explained to me how they tried diligently all morning on Sunday to help you locate a tire and wheel store to get you on your way quicker. Also, Mr. G, we would never have had any of our associates try to hide your car from anyone given these circumstances. That is not the way we do business. I believe that the additional reviews on this site speak to that.

I know that this response cannot change your experience Mr. G, but I do hope that, in some way, it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.

Mr. G, thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have stayed here x times and you always get the same product.
Nothing spectacular. But great service, always attractive rates, and spacious rooms.
Best deal in Boston , where hotels end to be very expensive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North? Share your experiences!