“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1 Rainin Rd, Woburn, MA 01801 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Woburn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
South Dennis, Massachusetts
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting family in the area. The lobby is shabby looking, while I was checking in my husband was going to sit in one of the lobby upholstered chairs and he pointed to it, they were filthy, obviously had not been cleaned for a long time, if ever. Lobby needs updating. There is coffee available free in the lobby all the time which is nice. We were on the first floor, the carpets in the hallway need to be cleaned/replaced. The room itself was very clean and did have a microwave/refrigerator which is great but the refrigerator froze everything in it and could not find a control to turn it down, had brought fruit that was ruined. We checked in in the evening on a Friday, very pleasant person at the desk, but the next night I went for coffee at around 10 pm, it was a person at the desk who didn't even say hello as she was too busy texting. Overall it was quite average, and not inexpensive. Many other places to choose from in the area, will try one of them next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Adina P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your concerns regarding the lobby furniture and the hallway carpets will be addressed promptly. We have included those items in the renovation plans for our property and we are hoping to complete them within the next few months. We very much appreciate your opinion. I will also personally follow up with the front desk staff in regards to texting while on duty. We have a very strict policy regarding that, and I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We hope to see you again next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly should you require assistance and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Adina P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Norwich, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

In my original review of 6/30/13, I gave this hotel only 2 stars, based on my experience. The hotel manager responded to that review & asked me to give them another chance. Being my son is in college nearby, I agreed to do so, as their location is convenient & they offered me a special rate to return. I have not been disappointed...

I have since stayed at this hotel 3 other times & each time has been better than that first experience; what I expect when I stay at any hotel. The staff has always been courteous & professional & the rooms I have stayed at since have not had any issues. The front desk staff has come to know me from my repeat business & go out of their way to make sure I am happy.

This hotel is not fancy or luxurious, but suits my needs for occasional one or two night stays with a good value, convenient location & decent accommodations. As long as this continues, I will continue to return & will recommend others to give them a try.

I commend them for listening to their guests, trying to improve & make things right, if/when something goes wrong.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Adina P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about our property.

I am very happy that we were able to meet your expectations and that you have agreed to give us another opportunity to serve you. Your satisfaction is a reward for us and we will continue to make improvements in order to accommodate our guests' needs and exceed their expectations.

We very much appreciate your business and are happy to have you staying with us. Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Worcester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

recently stayed at Best Western, Woburn [Boston] On arrival given room key only to find room already occupied with persons in bed. Given second room key which would not work and engineer had to be called. Next morning found breakfast room too small to satisfy customer need and behaviour of some guests totally unacceptable with no staff on hand to comment/advise [ie guests spitting into waste bins]. Overall an experience to be missed

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about your recent stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations and for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We value your opinion and will be using your feedback to improve our service in the future.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs, so we can provide an excellent customer service.

Best Regards.
FORT EDWARD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very nice, luxurious and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. This hotel was not hard to find. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Maria B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We very much appreciate your opinion and are very happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Our guests' satisfaction is our Number One priority. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon

Best Regards.
Lititz, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff at this hotel are horrible. We stayed for a month for business and there was nothing but problems. The staff up to the General Manager did nothing to help solve our problems. Everything from our reservations to the billing were inaccurately done. It took calling the credit card company to dispute the charges before the hotel would give me any information on the charges. I will never have my employees stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adina P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for bringing these issues to my attention. I have also sent you a private email with details regarding your reservations and corresponding charges.

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our service. We will do everything in our power to use your feedback in order to make improvements.

Again, thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Feel free to contact me should you require additional assistance.

Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Relatively easy to access outside Boston we think it makes sence to go for this Woburn hotel. You actually save money compared to downtown Boston. If you want to access downtown Boston it is a possibility to park at the Wellington T-station and carry on by train. Internet vorked fine. Breakfast was typical american (not healty) and busy but complementary-). If you go some few minutes outside the hotel there are more restaurants to choose from.

Dear Ivar N,

We are very pleased to have been able to meet your expectations. We are doing everything in our power to make sure our guests receive the best value and service during their stay.

We hope to see you again soon, next time you are in the area. We very much appreciate your business.

Welland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel & the room was clean. The free hot breakfast was great to start the day. The free shuttle to the rail station was convenient for the trip into Boston. Mario at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Graham C,

We very much appreciate your business and we value your opinion. Thank you for complimenting Mario, I will make sure to relay the compliment to him. Here at the Best Western Plus New Englander in Woburn, our guests' satisfaction is our Number One priority.

We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

Adina P.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander? Share your experiences!