“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was hesitant staying at this location coz its close to home; i always wana stay at hotels far away from home. However, the experience was great. Staff are so friendly & it's one of the reasons i chose to stay. I was given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite just for the comfort of my family. There was this guy; cant remember his name. (Colombian American), damn he's so courteous & he understands the meaning of customer care. He went the extra mile to ensure i got the value of my money & i surely did. I like the happy our at this location too. Overall, the owners, know what it means giving value for the money paid by customers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Your kind words for the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn are greatly appreciated! We’re very happy that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will choose to again. The satisfaction of our guests is extremely important to us and we’re always willing to go the extra mile to keep you comfortable. Thank you for recognizing our staff; it would be lovely to see you all again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here two nights with my family and was very pleased with the hotel. The room was nice and the layout was good. It was very clean. Kids loved the pool which never seemed to be too busy during our stay. The breakfast was good and there was a little bit of everything which was nice. The area around hotel is OK, it's a business complex area, no place to really walk to/not really walker friendly. Overall, happy with this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Making a splash in our pool is always a great way to spend some time at the Residence Inn at Marriott Woburn! It’s great to hear that the whole family enjoyed their stay! There are some great shopping centers nearby and we suggest you check them out on a future stay with us. We also provide a complimentary shuttle to many local attractions and we apologize if you were not made aware of this. Thank you for your review.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn for one night with a baby. It looks new on the outside, but was fairly standard on the inside. The front doors were not automatic, which was inconvenient. How spoiled are we? The front desk staff did their jobs, but didn't tend to smile or greet us when we walked past a few times. The hotel was clean. The free breakfast was decent, but nothing out of the ordinary. The pool area and business center were nice. After we had already checked into our room, we noticed that the carpet was soaked in the bedroom closet and immediately outside of it. We were asked to switch rooms, and we are still not sure what happened or if it was resolved. Another inconvenience. The second room was fine. In terms of location, there are closer hotels on the outskirts of Boston. But this one was near major highways such as 93 and 95. There is a Starbucks, Target, and a few other stores down the street. Another collection of stores and restaurants is a few minutes away.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While we’re glad that your stay was satisfactory, we wish it had been more than just average. When an unexpected situation arises, we don’t want our guests to have accommodations that are below the high standards we aim to provide. We regret the inconvenience you experienced due to that situation. We hope that we’ll have an opportunity to provide you a much-improved stay in the future.
NY, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This a typical residence inn, but a notch down from average. The employees all did their jobs, but no one really seemed friendly. The room was clean, but always smelled from food perhaps coming through the vent from another room. The property only offers queen beds, and they feel much smaller than a typical queen so the bed seemed a little too compact in size. I think this would be a good property for a single business person, but a little compact for a family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Although we’re happy that you found our accommodations to be spotless, we’re disheartened to discover that your experience with us was just satisfactory. Our staff members enjoy engaging with our guests and are always delighted to assist them and we apologize that you did not feel this way when interacting with them. Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is our hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with a stay that’s way above ordinary.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This property is exceptional in both friendliness and service. I want to highlight the Front Desk Supervisor, Juan Rincon, with professionalism and his desire to please attitude. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Your kind words for our staff and facilities are greatly appreciated! We’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff member you specifically mentioned; he will definitely be happy to hear that he had such a positive impact on a guest! Our staff members work diligently to provide service that is unmatched by others and it’s always thrilling when our guests let us know that we’re doing exactly what we set out to do. We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

First to start off, the hotel is nice, new in appearance with modern amenities. The reason for my rating relates to the poor customer service by the front desk.
Upon arriving, we were greeted by the front desk supervisor. He was very polite initially ( and that is the key word) until he quoted me a price that exceeded my confirmation price quote from expedia. When my prepaid visa did not go through, his attitude and demeanor changed. Mind you after a long commute by train, he told me that I could go "down the street to add more funds to my card" even though I was exhausted from traveling and unfamiliar with the area. He would not accept cash nor did he accept that I would pay the hidden cost that the hotel charges in the form of an "occidental deposit" (not disclosed in my confirmation from expedia) tomorrow/next night as I was staying 3 nights. I begged him to just take the cash for the deposit, feeling very uncomfortable at this time and wondering where we were going to stay for the night (he gave us the impression that "no pay was equal to to stay.". Finally, he thrusted the room cards at me and mumbled that I better pay it tomorrow.
In the room, my child burst into tears that he was holding inside from that experience. The next 2 nights were awful as we had to pass this individual each time to get to anything else in the hotel and I could feel his glare on us each time.
The pros for this hotel are, it's clean and modern. The rooms are supplied with toiletries, including Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner. There is also a shuttle (which we were not informed of at check in) that will shuttle you to Anderson Rail (for Boston excursions) or anywhere within a 5 mile radius.
The cons are definently customer service (though the hired help is nice like staff from security and kitchen).
The staff at the front desk belong on an episode of Jersey Shore as they are young, inexperienced, yet cocky with attitudes. That particular supervisor at check in was even trying to bribe my with 50 dollars out of his pocket, to be quiet about my check in experience after I approached him about his rudeness to me later in the day and causing my child to cry.
Also, the hotel has an odor that was barely tolerable to me (a mix of spices -curry? Mexican
food?) that was very pungent and noticeable every time we came back to the hotel.
In addition, during our stay, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate due to a fire in the kitchen. The hotel sits in the middle of what appeared to be a swamp with low laying grasses, trees and vegetation surrounding it. If you do not have a car you are at their mercy with that shuttle.
I would definitely not stay again. There are too many comparable hotels nearby with the same moderness and decor. Customer service to me is everything. When I am at a hotel, I want to feel that it is like home. I did not feel comfortable, nor did my child throughout our stay. It was a waste of my hard earned cash. Especially since it was our family vacation, to have this jerk make my child cry was inexcusable to me!!!!
Beware to of Woburn. It is a small town. Everything shuts down early. It was almost impossible to find a pizza place open past 10 p.m and delivery is almost non existent in this town. Only stay here if you have a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
First and foremost, we offer our sincerest apologies about your stay. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests at all times, and this experience was definitely out of character for us. The treatment you received is unacceptable and we will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff. Your comments are incredibly important to us and we are going to work very hard to make improvements. It is our hope that we can one day have the opportunity to provide your family the vacation that you deserve.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Pros...This hotel was perfect for our family!! The three of us stayed in a studio suite. The room was spacious and pleasant. The free breakfast every morning was a great start to the day and the food was good. The pool/hot tub room is open from 6-10 and we loved that. Everything was clean. My ten year old son slept on the sofa bed and he said it was comfy enough for him. The drive to north station was short and easy and the hotel is not far from Salem either. For the most part we had a enjoyable stay :)

Cons...The front doors should be automatic they are awkward and heavy. When we arrived there was a sign on the counter that stated a $50.00 per night charge for incidentals. I think this should be stated somewhere when the room is booked!! I asked if it could be lowered because we booked through our AAA and the man checked and said $20.00 a night was sufficient. I wanted the money to be put on a separate card and he stated it was not going through. He told me to come back later. Later when i went back he was not there. The next few days of our trip we saw him several times so I Assumed my card had gone through for the $60.00. When we went to check out there was another problem and we had to call the bank!! The guy stated my card never went through and the bank stated they authorized our original card that we booked with the fees for the incidentals for $191.00!!!! Really??? First of all it originally should have only been $150 and then the guy said $60.00 and in the end it was $191 that could take two weeks to get back!!!! That was the most irritating thing other than that this hotel was good but watch your $$$$.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. Although we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the amenities we provide, we are disappointed to hear that there was a mistake made regarding your incidental hold and we apologize for that. We wish that you had confirmed with our staff that the situation had indeed been taken care of; had we known there was an issue sooner, we would have been able to correct it in a timely manner with little hassle to you. We certainly understand your frustrations and we will look into the situation further. It is our hope that we can provide you with an additional stay that was much better than your last.

Been to Residence Inn Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!