“Surprisingly quiet.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Out West
“Surprisingly quiet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm on of those who literally hears a pin drop even when sleeping, so I was concerned when I arrived at the Residence Inn, Woburn. It is right along busy I-93 and I feared that a good night's sleep was not going to happen. Luckily, I requested a quiet room and received one that looked onto Presidential Way and not the Interstate.

The hotel seemed to be awash with children, and yet I was not traveling during a school holiday period - I suspect these were families in transition - but this was never a concern as they were very well mannered. A Boston Sport Club is across the parking lot, I failed to enquire if a one-day courtesy membership was possible. If it hasn't already done so, I suggest the hotel management work out a deal.

For what it's worth, the hotel seems isolated. There are no restaurants or shops nearby - save for a PetCo and a Target department store - but neither in walking distance. Having the Target nearby is especially helpful if you plan to be in residence more than a few days as you can stock-up -- remember your room comes with a complete kitchen.

If I am in the area, definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face toward the Interstate - expect noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for being our guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. We are very pleased that you got a great night’s sleep and enjoyed the quiet of the hotel. It is our hope that the serene surroundings throughout the hotel help each guest to rest and relax. As you point out, the Boston Sports Club is across the parking lot, and $5 daily passes are available for our guests who care to take their workout up a notch from our hotel Fitness Center and pool. We also provide a complimentary shuttle for any guest within a five-mile radius of the hotel to facilitate shopping and sightseeing. We look forward to your next visit when we show you more of our New England hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

One-and two-Bedroom Suites with very cozy Gas Fireplace and granite Kitchen with dishwasher and full-size refrigerator. Happy competent accomodating staff. Heated Pool plus Jacuzzi. Exercise Room. Deluxe Expanded Breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are so pleased by your very positive review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. Our well-appointed suites are designed to give you the comforts of home with the luxury of a hotel. It is gratifying to learn that you enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and friendly, professional service. We like hearing that we are possibly the best hotel you’ve ever visited, and we won’t stop until we are the best, hands down. Please come back for another visit so we can try again to impress.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

people at front desk were very rude and not very helpful rooms was beatiful but customer service wasnt also pet fee was not on web site and front desk ladies was not good at explaining it at all breakfast wasnt ready at 7 am as was stated was a line for it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We are pleased you enjoyed our spacious, luxurious accommodations, but providing quality suites is only half of our mission. The other important part is providing friendly and professional customer service. As you know, we are a pet-friendly hotel, and while the pet fee information was available on the Boston Pet Friendly page of our website, we have now added it to our homepage so the information will be easily accessible for all of our guests. We thank you for pointing out that issue so we could make that clarification online. We regret any confusion, and invite you back for another stay when we will do our best to make it exemplary from beginning to end.
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If it wasn't for the internet, I would give this hotel 5/5. I had a comfortable 1-month stay, the kitchen is great, rooms are big, convenient location off of I-93, laundry machines are available when you need them, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Boston Sports Club is right next door and you can walk over if you want more equipment than what the hotel offers.

But as a heavy internet user, I became frustrated daily with how slow the connection was. I couldn't log in to Skype or my workplace's VPN (unless it's 2am when there's no traffic), and in the evening it could even take a minute or two for me to open a dictionary web page that has no multimedia. It seems like something that wouldn't be too hard to fix - maybe limit each connection's bandwidth so that folks watching movies over Netflix don't make it unbearable slow for the rest of us? I'm hoping they take care of this - then I wouldn't mind staying at the hotel again, but if I had to go back to Boston tomorrow, I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable, spacious rooms and our convenient amenities as well as friendly, professional service from our staff. We want each guest to have a perfect visit with us, so we also take to heart all that you say. We will have our IT specialists review our services to see if improvements can be made. We value you as a long-term guest and will do all we can to restore your complete faith in us. Please come for another stay so we can prove how important customer satisfaction is to us.
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stay at the Residence Inn quite frequently. My title pretty much sums it up.
Rooms are clean and large. i find the ktichenette fine for making a cup of coffee, breakfast, keeping some fresh veggies in the fridge, etc.

I mainly use the kitchenette because the free breakfast is generic and not very healthy. You can grab fruit and yogurt which isn't bad. While I don't take advantage of it, they do offer free dinner 4 nights a week I believe-a nice addition if you don;t want to go out.

My big issue is with the internet-the performance is horrible-incredibly slow-OK for email, but don't bother watching a youtube video.

The price can be on the high side, but I think it is in-line with other comparable offerings in the area.

There is a small exercize facility, and they offer a $5 pass for a local gym acorss teh parking lot.

Room Tip: beware the exterior lighting lighting up your room with an orange glow....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. You discovered much of what makes us an exceptional place to stay, including large, clean suites and a professional, welcoming staff. As you point out, our daily hot breakfast buffet is free as is our Evening Social, in which our guests are treated to a lighter-fare dinner Monday through Thursday. We understand that not every element of your stay was as you had hoped, and we wish we had had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were staying with us. Please know that we will review all of your comments to see where adjustments can be made. We value you as a guest, as we do all of our guests, and invite you back for another visit so we can provide you with a perfect stay in every way.
North America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at quite a few Marriott Residence Inns and this one was as expected. You get a living area with a small kitchenette with microwave, stove top and refrigerator, and a bedroom and a bathroom. I found the local Whole Foods grocery store (about 4 miles) so I was able to buy my own food, and keep it in the 'condo'. They have a manager's reception each evening where you can get some free drinks and appetizers, and I guess you can get breakfast in the morning as well. Like I said before, this was as I expected, nothing great, but nothing bad either. Will definitely stay again and I would recommend, especially if you like to self-cater.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. We are pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary soft drinks and snacks at our Manager’s Reception and that you were able to visit a local market to purchase what you needed for a comfortable stay in your room. We welcome you as a regular guest and look forward to your return when we hope our location, accommodations, features and service will provide you with another pleasant stay.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here last night and was a little disappointed. Their website is not accurate as far as amenities are concerned - no pay-per-view is available here, and you can't get any room service. Had I known either of those, I wouldn't have come here as I was recovering from surgery and was looking forward to resting. I ended up going to Target to get a few things. I do appreciate that they offer shuttle service to anywhere within a 5 mile radius.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We’re sorry your visit was not what you had hoped, especially since you were recovering from surgery. Our website has been recently updated and pay-per-view and room service are not currently offered as amenities. It’s regrettable that this information had changed since the time of your booking, but we hope you found the room comfortable, and we’re pleased that our shuttle service was able to help you settle-in for a restorative rest. We hope you’ll be back to see us again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!