“Basic, Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Wyncote
“Basic, Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a week in May, 2011. The train noise is definitely the biggest drawback. They never woke me once I was asleep but it was very noticable when I was watching TV and just relaxing in the room. I remember the headboard shaking when one train went by. However, the room was kept very clean and the staff was very friendly - always asking how you were and if everything was ok. They really did seem to care about the guests.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We just needed a place to stay for the night. The price was right on and it was close to Boston. The place was very clean and the front desk was very nice and kind. We would stay there again. The only complaint I had (and I dont believe its the hotels problem) was a group of french speaking kids (About 30 of them) were staying there. They were calling each other and getting the wrong number, our number (3 times) Plus a couple of knocks on our door. But the adults with the tour finally got them all settled and everthing quited down by 10pm. As far as the breakfast it was amazing! Well worth eating there. Plus free cookies at the front desk. Who could ask for more. As far as that train that goes by... probably wouldnt of heard it if I hadnt read about it in the reviews.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed here two nights on business

The Pros:

- Nearby restaurants
- Room was clean
- Staff is accommodating
- convenient to 95/128

The Cons:

- Have to pay attention when arriving. The drive is easy to miss
- Noise from the train tracks (its right next to them). I was in 323 about 1/3 way down away from the end near the tracks and it was still very apparent noise. They did move me though
- no fitness center (although they have passes to Ballys. Not much incentive when its 10 degrees outside)
Office chair is uncomfortable
- local TV channels are all fuzzy (???)
- No fridge in room even though my profile shows this as a standard request

Overall, it could have been much worse. It is in decent shape and very much a Fairfield, but there are a lot of other hotels nearby.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Bed and desk chair were NOT comfortable at all. Bed was heavily used and had no support. Chair had poor back support and was made mostly out of metal and some hard padding. Internet was as slow as a snail. Couldn't get much work done with an internet connection like that. Many of the towels were dirty, stained, or had hair on them. Not a good hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The service we experienced was wonderful! There was always someone who smiled and welcomed us. There was always free coffee and tea bags, hot chocolate mix, etc in the front lobby. They missed out a set of towels and they sent someone up right away with not one set but two sets. They delivered more than we asked for. The room was spotless. The sink is outside the washroom but we were okay with that. The TV was the only old thing in the room. A fridge would be a nice addition. Many said negative things about the noise, but our room was on the other side of the hotel and we didn't hear anything... we did receive earplugs and a letter. I used the earplugs to not hear the others snore. The location was close to a small mall and a couple of restaurants, but is a fairly small commercial area, bordering a business/industrial area. A safe place though. The breakfast was a feast! They had a waffle pan, where we actually made the waffles, as well as fresh and precut fruit. Tons of food options to meet your needs and definetly more than most other places. The wireless internet reached our fifth floor room very clearly. The only improvements could be a fridge in the room as advised and more tv channel options. This is a great hotel for those who receive a room far from the train tracks (ask for the upper floors) or for those who use their ear plugs and aren't light sleepers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I picked this hotel for a decent priced stay close to relatives former home. It's ok, with the drawbacks mentioned by other reviewers. The rooms are standard nice, mine had a fridge which is a standing request with me, but other family members who also stayed there did not get them and the hotel didn't apparently have too many. I think they need more. The breakfast was decent, very crowded, but to give the hotel credit, they opened a room on the ground floor for spillover traffic and folks used the tables in the lobby area as well. I found the front desk staff quite friendly in my coming and going and I got a little snack bag as a rewards member. (I think for the first time anywhere. It was a nice gesture.) I did not use the outdoor pool, it looked nice though and kids were enjoying it. Due to the location of my room (down far left corridor) I did not originally realized how close we were to train tracks or that the highway was behind us. The train I really never noticed, although family far to the right end of the hallway did. The highway was a dull noise and while I noticed it (and am a light sleeper) I didn't find it disturbing. These factors explain why there's a letter and ear plugs in your room. I really credit Marriott with supplying the ear plugs. It's totally the appropriate thing to do, I just wish other hotels that know they have a noise problem (about which they can do nothing) supplied them automatically too! My one qualm with this hotel is I know they had a cheaper rate than what I got and when I chatted with the front desk about that, they indicated that was a pre-pay no refund rate. I'm just not comfortable being locked into a pre-pay rate anywhere, never mind a place I'm not familiar with. Considering the noise situation, which would be a real problem for people, I'm not sure I think it's really appropriate to have a pre-pay rate. Seems like you could be taking advantage of people who are not tripadvisor researchers (like us, altho I actually didn't research this one first!).
There are several restaurants nearby including one literally next door (I drove not realizing it was one parking lot over!) and a unthrilling mall and other stores nearby including grocery and drugstore etc.
Also, enjoyed the free parking and free wifi. Did not have a need to use the free computer in lobby, but family used it.
So, while I'd stay here again, I think I'd check out the competition too.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel suits basic travelers' needs. A bed, a bathroom, and AC. Best thing going for the Fairfield is it's close proximity to the commuter rail stop - about a 5 minute drive, and the lot holds about 1500 cars so you won't have any worries about finding a spot to drop off the car for a 20 minute rail ride into North Station. Then again, the Red Roof Inn is even closer. The drawback is, the rail tracks run right past the parking lot so every 40 minutes or so you get the sound of simulated thunder in your room. Maybe that's why there were two packages of complimentary earplugs left on our bedside table. Or maybe it was because the doorjam had a 1/4 inch gap into the hallway. They also came in handy when two members of an Asian tour group began arguing next door in Chinese (maybe it was just because it was midnight but the walls seemed very thin). But who am I to complain? I always wear earplugs to sleep anyways and it didn't seem to bother my wife at all. Wireless internet access was free.

We were in the mood for Italian the night we got in, and so we tried "Papa Razzi", an 8 minute drive in Burlington on Wall Street. The decor and service appeared to be high end, but customer dress ranged from casual (shorts) to business casual. Prices were on the high side and I've never been to an Italian restaurant that didn't offer a free salad with an entree, but the Ravioli with sausage was among the best pasta dishes I've ever had. Crisply dressed Latin manager strolled through the restaurant constantly, "Godfather" fans will feel safe here under his watch.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!