“Some problems, but great service” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 Commerce Way, Woburn, MA 01801   |
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Woburn
Israel
“Some problems, but great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

Booked a 3-night stay. Got there in the middle of the night with a crying child. Got sent to a room which was not made up, but then got another one which was. The next day, someone was sent up to our room with a key! Then the room wasn't made up again.
But, when I told the manager all this, she immediately said they wouldn't charge us for those two nights!
Breakfast is a bit slim, but overall the room was OK and the hotel was pretty clean.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it is clean and well run. We stayed for four nights. We had adjoining rooms which was very nice for our family. It was quiet compared to higher priced hotels we've stayed.
My favorite part of this hotel was the location. One block away was route I95. About a half mile in the other direction was route I93. These are the two main highways. It was very easy driving into Boston or around the burbs. There is also a comuter rail station a half mile away which takes you right into Boston in about 24 minutes. It even runs at night, late enough to see the ninth inning at Fenway!!!

It was a very good value for the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No frills.... beds, towels very basic.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you check at front desk for delicious cookies in the afternoon and evening.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2006

Boston was FULL this week from all the conferences going on. Woburn was the closest town to Boston in which I could find a hotel room.
Making the res by phone was pleasant, though the woman didn't know a lot about the hotel. The staff didn't know a lot about the hotel either - what time the breakfast was over, whether or not I would be charged for my calling card call, etc.
The room was nice, had a king bed. Very quiet. The redecoration was pleasant, made it seem less like a hotel room.
You know, when they said internet availability, I assumed free Wi-Fi, but it was $10 a day to use their webTV. If I wanted wireless, I was invited to go to the Panera Bread across the street.
The room was nice and cool during the beastly heat wave, though the lobby was not.
Overall, very serviceable, though I like a little more warmth from the staff, so, yes, I'd stay there again, but only if I couldn't find something better.

• Liked — The Mexican restaurant next door.
  • Disliked — The jerky elevator.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

We just arrived home after a trip to Boston/Cape Cod.
Stayed at Red Roof Inn in Woburn. Initially I was not too thrilled
with the location...across from large strip mall, BUT
the mall is walkable for last minute forgotten items and
the hotel is next to an Italian and a Mexican restaurant that
you can walk thru parking lot to get to.
The pool is great as were the friendly people working at the hotel.
All of the above are necessary when tired or traveling with kids, so have re-evaluated my initial impression.
The hotel is your basic hotel and I would go back.
We did not want to stay in the city due to parking congestion and price. The train, $14 round-trip for a family up to 5, is about 3 minutes away..make a right out of hotel driveway and turn left
at second light. Parking was $2, plus you can get a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts/doughnut right there at train station.
Boston was about a 20 minute ride away and kids enjoyed the ride.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2006

I had a newly renovated room. It was great. Big, clean, new. The staff was great. A couple of days I didn't want cleaning service since I was working in the room, and I left the "privacy please" sign on the door. They did not disturb me, and left plastic bags full of fresh towels outside my door. (I'm used to having to ask . . ) Both restaurants directly beside the hotel are great! I especially liked the mexican one. Very close proximity to the highway. Unrelated to the hotel - a word of advice - if you are going to be driving in and around Boston, save yourself from a lot of pain/frustration by getting a GPS system. (I don't know if u can get a rental car with it, or perhaps buy a portable one . . . just trust me. It's an old city ... . .I've never been so lost in my life)

Hotel workeed out great!!!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2006

I have no problem giving this hotel an excellent rating for its cleanliness and great staff.

Check in was easy, the staff was friendly and able to answer all our questions and help us get to and from the downtown area.

The train station to downtown Boston is only about a mile away and easy to get to.

There are lots of great restaurants, a convenience/drug store and a few shops within walking distance.

Part of the hotel was still under renovation while we were there and we were lucky to get a newly renovated room. It was great.

• Stayed October 2005
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2005

When we booked the Red Roof Inn on the internet for only $ 64.99 per night, we didn't expect a very high standard. So we were very surprised when we found out that the hotel was newly renovated, very clean and with very friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and the breakfast in the morning was enough for a good start into the day. There is a small mall and a SuperTarget right around the corner, which is very convenient. We were so pleased that we booked other Red Roof Inn's during our trip and found them also very acceptable. If we ever go to Boston again we will definitely consider to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!